• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

WoW type statistics

KDude

Yeah, in MMORGs, the focus is usually on fighting, spelling, etc. , in short, the gaming experience; The atmosphere is seldom really good. Problem is that games like WoW are mistaking "gaming experience" for "let'em grind their ass off". That's the reason why I already stopped playing WoW at lvl 10 or so.

Speaking of which, I had to pick up that DC universe game for my playstation. :D This game gets it right.. so far at least. The quests are kind of cool, and the combat is button mashing/combo based. Maybe it's different on the PC though..

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Of the roughly 800 people in the survey 21 were from Paragon and 75 total from top guilds. The survey does include type statistics by class and the results have INTJ has top of every class and ENTJ among the top on almost every class with some variation among the other types.
Still, 800 players constitute a drop in the ocean; and self-described "casual" or not, only certain players would read Paragon's blog. That ties into class correlation -- which I somehow missed, thank you -- being less useful than a by-type listing, since INTJs and ENTJs dominate regardless.

All the same, very interesting.

Like ur categorisation and it's what I'ld say too. I even fit the description perfectly, I am playing WoW with my girlfriend for 3 years now and we still have no character at highest level. It's not her fault tho, I dread it cause I fear it's the end of the game. I have a lvl 68 rogue, lvl 76 dk, lvl 64 warrior, lvl 68 druid and the momentarily active character is a lvl 29 paladin. My girlfriend has a lvl 68 warlock, a lvl 75 dk, a lvl 65 warlock, one lvl 69 warlock and momentarily she has a lvl 29 warlock hahaha :D. All on a PvE server and it's obvious who has the Pness here :D
And there's nothing wrong with that -- for many of us, endgame is the purpose of play, with leveling being a colorful training session.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Wait, are you sure that's right? Due to the insane amount of belfs, I find that INTJs being the top type is weird...

The sample is people who are in that particular guild, not the general player populous. I can't speak for all types, but I think most ISTPs would not care about being guilded, and thus would be underrepresented in that poll.

Edit; Looks like other have already beat me to this hypothesis.

Serenes

MBTI Type
INFP
I really enjoy playing MMORPGS... sometimes I can get Soo sucked into the fantasy world, and not want to go back to reality :shock:. I don't put much importance on being hardcore and being the Best player or anything like that though. I may just try really hard to get better gear and be a good player so I can be a valuable addition to the party. However, I find that I tend to get bored of MMOs quickly after the first few binges because everything is so new... but when you get to a point where everything is just repetitive, it's like ughhhhh and I end up quitting because it just feels so >.> empty? The only time I spent years on an MMO is because I made some online friends and wanted to keep playing with them.. they made the experience more fun. I guess I like socializing & connecting with others the most when it comes to playing these types of games, which could be why I enjoyed FFXI because it forced you into parties throughout the game. I played WoW before, but I got sooo tired of the constant grinding that I quit and I don't think I'd be able to handle end game anyways (I've never gotten involved with any end game guild in any Mmorpg.. not enough patience for it perhaps). The only reason why I even could survive grinding to high level in WoW was because I had another friend I was playing with... or else -stabs self from repetitiveness and boredom-. x_x but yeah.... I'm the type to get really into a game at first... and then slowly get bored after awhile and move on to something else (unless there were friends to keep it interesting for me).

And.. yeah I really stink at real-time strategy games like Starcraft/Age of Empires/Warcraft and such... not enough patience(the battles can be soo longgg), and I don't take it too seriously. haha so yeah most likely I'd do w/e, rush in and die lol.. I think I like playing cooperatively with other people than just trying to kill everyone and be the best.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I wouldn't put much stock in these results. I'm fairly certain that almost everyone gets their type wrong the first time they take a test.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Only 23%? Did the rest take on the personalities of their WoW characters?

INTJs left after completing the game in 10 days. Was then boring because people kept trying to beg for gold from us in Ironforge while dressed up as NE females.