• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

STORYFIGHT! (Vol.1)

Would you participate if we tried this again?

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
TITLE: Rhymes With Orange

MANDATORY WORK-IN: Tsetse flies

LENGTH LIMIT: 3000 words (no minimum)

THE FINE PRINT: PM your stories to me by Saturday, 5/12/07. Put "Storyfight" in the PM title (or, hell, put whatever you like, I don't get that many PMs.) I will post them in this thread without any identifying elements. Each submitted story will be assigned a number, and when all the entries are in I'll add a poll to the thread for voting.

Not sure if there's a word limit in posts. I guess we'll find out!

EDIT: No entries. Anyone down for Take 2?

Last edited:

Bushranger

MBTI Type
INTP
Is that Friday the 12th of May? (check your calendar)

I didn't even notice this before.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Is that Friday the 12th of May? (check your calendar)

I didn't even notice this before.

Thanks for noticing that! Everybody gets an extra day to dash something off.

If I get any entries I'll post them.

Bushranger

MBTI Type
INTP
Some suggestions for volume 2:
  • Get a list of interested parties.
  • PM those people at the start of the writing period (this thread got lost in the noise)
  • Give people more than a week (some of us are INTP, and P stands for procrastinate)

Sorry if I'm filling up the thread.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Some suggestions for volume 2:
  • Get a list of interested parties.
  • PM those people at the start of the writing period (this thread got lost in the noise)
  • Give people more than a week (some of us are INTP, and P stands for procrastinate)

Sorry if I'm filling up the thread.

Whelp, there had seemed to be a lot of interest in the planning thread, so I figured whoever was subscribed to that one was interested and would click the link to this one.

As for the time limit, I figured everybody would be dashing it off at the last minute anyway, so it didn't really matter when I made that last minute as long as it provided at least a few days to stew about it.

Thanks for your input, though.

Bushranger

MBTI Type
INTP
Whelp, there had seemed to be a lot of interest in the planning thread, so I figured whoever was subscribed to that one was interested and would click the link to this one.
Unfortunately I found the planning thread on the 12th.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
I was about to write something, but then I decided I felt like a pastrami sandwich instead. Sadly, all I have are frozen pizzas.

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
THE FINE PRINT: PM your stories to me by Saturday, 5/12/07. Put "Storyfight" in the PM title (or, hell, put whatever you like, I don't get that many PMs. I will post them in this thread without any identifying elements. Each submitted story will be assigned a number, and when all the entries are in I'll add a poll to the thread for voting.

Until such time that you close your parentheses, I will be reading all your future posts as parenthetical.

Oh, wait. I just found a later post that has an extra right parenthesis. You're okay now.

thirtyfour

MBTI Type
INTp
I really wanted to participate but ended up being really busy this weekend (and next :-/).

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I might be interested in some writing-in a week when finals are over.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Sounds like this might work better in the summer. I hadn't thought about things like finals and such.

Martoon, I'm editing it, happy now? :p