User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Deus Ex

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Default Deus Ex

Oh, I am so excited, I just cant hide it !!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/DXHRDE?v...n%20revolution
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Deus Ex 1 is the best game in history, period.
    Human revolution is the only reason for me to buy a new graphics card.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I just build a new computer for my gf with an gtx 460, hope it will be enuff

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I just build a new computer for my gf with an gtx 460, hope it will be enuff
    Wow. I'd love you -- that's what I just put into the replacement system I just built for myself. (My six-year-old system crashed and burned over the summer.) That graphics card alone ran me close to the price of the entire barebones system (motherboard/CPU/memory/case/1.5Tdrive) I purchased.

Mine is the higher end model that's designed for 3D graphics. That freaking card is like a mini-computer all on its own -- it's, like, an inch thick with the cooling unit running its entire length. Just mind-boggling.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Hope it's good. Wikipedia says Warren Spector (the original creator of Deus Ex, Thief, and System Shock) isn't associated with it though, so I'm skeptical. Sometimes these things go bad. I mean, he's kind of a genius.

Apparently, he himself just made the Wii Disney game "Epic Mickey". I heard it's fun though.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Wow. I'd love you -- that's what I just put into the replacement system I just built for myself. (My six-year-old system crashed and burned over the summer.) That graphics card alone ran me close to the price of the entire barebones system (motherboard/CPU/memory/case/1.5Tdrive) I purchased.

Mine is the higher end model that's designed for 3D graphics. That freaking card is like a mini-computer all on its own -- it's, like, an inch thick with the cooling unit running its entire length. Just mind-boggling.
    Yea and it has got 2 power supplies and I need a 600 Watts power supply for it, haha. Little atomic power plant, if you think of it, german cable standard does ouput 3 kWs of power, so if you hook up 6 PCs to one cable and let run Deus Ex, one of the six PCs wont probably start .

I made it at rule for myself to never again pay more than 150 Euro ($200) for a gfx card. My girl and me dont switch games often, at the moment we played need for speed, wow, lotro and gta for years, so I didnt need a gtx 470 / 480. I many years ago bought two voodoo 2's in sli-mode for 1000 DM, which is 500 Euro, which is 650 dollar. Three months later the card dropped 2/3 in price and I was like wtf. Never did that again .

But since I heard about Deus Ex I am wondering if the 470 wouldnt have been the better choice

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Hope it's good. Wikipedia says Warren Spector (the original creator of Deus Ex, Thief, and System Shock) isn't associated with it though, so I'm skeptical. Sometimes these things go bad. I mean, he's kind of a genius.

Apparently, he himself just made the Wii Disney game "Epic Mickey". I heard it's fun though.
    Ah sad too hear... I remember System Shock, loved that game, played it until the keyboard cracked

MBTI
    INTP

When is it being released? I am so excited for it! Deus Ex 2 sucked though, and was pretty short, so hopefully this is a major improvement.

I wonder if Denton will feature in it at all?
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

The original Deus Ex is still on my list of games I plan to play. It's a long list, but I'm considering moving it near the top.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Deus Ex is 100% responsible for my current political philosophy and the conversation with the AI inside that locked closet remains one of the best conversations I've ever had.

Sad or awesome, depending on your point of view.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INT-

Dues Ex was pretty fun, but I've always been way more a fan of the System Shock series myself.
    While Deus Ex was released to critical acclaim and even pretty decent commercial success, System Shock 1 & 2 went all but unnoticed. : (

And on the subject of Warren Spector; Ultima Underworld is another one of my all time favorites.
    INTP 4w5 SX/SP
    Tritype 4/5/8