User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: 360 vs PS3

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default 360 vs PS3

I own both now. Wondering if people have a strong preference for one over the other, and how come? Games seem to load faster on 360.

I have both.. prefer the PS3. If anything, because the 1st party (sony developed exclusives) are better. Or at least, they are to me. If I buy cross platform games, I just get them for the playstation since I've had it longer, and would rather have trophies on there (not that I really keep track of that stuff on either system). I keep the 360 around for MS exclusives.

ReflecTcelfeR

Hm. I don't own a PS3... yet! But I do own a 360. I like the games, but I want to branch out into a different realm, a more adult realm. Besides the orignal Playstation, 2 and 3 have felt more adult-ish. Plus there are games I'm dying to play. Uncharted, GoW 3, so many more!

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    Hm. I don't own a PS3... yet! But I do own a 360. I like the games, but I want to branch out into a different realm, a more adult realm. Besides the orignal Playstation, 2 and 3 have felt more adult-ish. Plus there are games I'm dying to play. Uncharted, GoW 3, so many more!
    Playstation does seem to have games for more mature audiences, doesn't it? I suppose, as far as maturity goes: PS3>XBOX360>Wii.

I like 360, but its main appeal seems to be its FPS games. The Halo and COD franchises were its flagship. Meanwhile, it seems that PS3 has a more diverse line of games, ranging from appraised RPGs like FF to adventure games like GoW 3. I'm afraid the only appeals for the Wii are its child friendly game buffet, its Wiimote and its sequels to other flagship franchises.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

PS3 and Wii is the winning combination if you have also have a PC, as most of the 360 exclusives are on the PC as well

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

own both but 360 ring of death. broke. never wanted to fix it. ps3 better. have the fat one.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I've got one of the first 60GB PS3 models form when they first came out. Recently bought the new valhalla-chip halo reach edition 360. Ps3 died suddenly last month. All HDD data lost. All 1000+ hrs of it. 360 games do load faster. Both consoles seem to have exclusive games. new sony s370? stand alone blu-ray player outperforms my PS3 for blu-ray playback.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

There's no such thing as "360 games do load faster", it depends on each individual game and it is usually a case of there being a 3-5 second difference in favor of either of the consoles.

The 60gb PS3 models are known for dying, but not nearly to the same degree as any 360 model out there.
    You can back-up most PS3 save games on a USB stick, i do it all time (just in case)
    Comparing the PS3 to newer blu-ray players is not really valid, of course it is going to get outperformed and outclassed simply due to age of tech. You don't compare the DVD playback ability of a year 2000 PS2 with a dedicated DVD player made this year either.

If you have a somewhat decent gaming PC, it would be stupid to buy a 360 because of all the shared exclusives between them. If you don't have a PC, it depends on your preferences with exclusives. The 360 has a huge lineup of 3rd and 1st person action game exclusives, while the PS3 and Wii both feature a more diverse mixture of eastern and western developed games.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I prefer the PS3 over the 360. I don't care for FPS games, and I want a console that will last past it's warranty period. Overall I like the exclusives better on the PS3, and if I wanted to play a game like Mass Effect then I would play it on my PC. Although I'll have to add that I think the Wii is better than either the PS3 or the 360.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Playstation does seem to have games for more mature audiences, doesn't it? I suppose, as far as maturity goes: PS3>XBOX360>Wii.
    As far as maturity goes it's more like Wii>PS3>XBOX360>Wii. Wii is the console for parents with a mortgage. It doesn't get more mature than that.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I've got a PS3 and Wii. I guess I am certainly more loyal to sony than microsoft when it comes to the gaming consoles. My preferences lie on sony especially with many games it bears.