User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Morrowind and Myst are the two that come to mind that I really tried to get into and just couldn't. Also the big FPS games like Halo and Call of Duty.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Farmville!

Crysis. The whole thing is meh.

Oh and Doom/Quake, Half life 2 etc in single player mode.

MBTI
    INTj

Multiplayer Halo. The pre-pubescent screeching and hardcore skill levels make it impossible for a casual gamer to have fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Counter strike always felt slow and lame to me. When I was younger I'd played lots of team fortress on quake. On counter strike it felt like we all became snipers, and they were more about simulating and pretending to be in reality than have awesome intuitive gameplay.

I never found the attraction to starcraft either, though I know it is massive in the gaming world. Just didn't interest me like other games in the same genre.

GTA4 felt too scripted and lost most of the lets do random stuff and make anarchy that attracted me to earlier versions. Got boring very quickly.

hmmm.. I'll come back when I think of more .
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

ReflecTcelfeR

GTA games get boring. After you have capped a few hoes and blown shit up for a while it just gets meh. Halo didn't do much for me either. I didn't like the graphics. We can do better! Games, in general, have been boring me lately.

GTA is amusing, when there are those kind of emergent, bizarre situations, when you're cruising around doing drive-bys, while Willie Nelson is playing on the radio.

ReflecTcelfeR

I like going into a hospital! I'm gonna end up there anyway, might as well stay there.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

GTA sets you up in an interesting environment similar to reality except for one major advantage. You can't die and its not real, therefore, you're possibilities in a dull city is maxed up. It's a familiar environment but there's more exploration.

The only problem is that the sooner or later, the idea wanes. After hearing about the earliest GTA, I was god-excited. Now it just seems like a common situation. I bet the future is gonna be like that. Immortality may very well turn into a "common idea".

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Most FPS if not all on any current console, Western games that star 30 something year old brown haired Caucasian males, Japanese games that star 15 year old effeminate Japanese boys, games that are movies, games that are movies, the entire Virtua Fighter franchise, WWII games which technically go under the first category, games with "really good stories" that aren't RPGs.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Also games that are movies. Did I mention that?