• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Overrated video games in your opinion

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Morrowind and Myst are the two that come to mind that I really tried to get into and just couldn't. Also the big FPS games like Halo and Call of Duty.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
Farmville!

Crysis. The whole thing is meh.

Oh and Doom/Quake, Half life 2 etc in single player mode.

fecaleagle

MBTI Type
INTj
Multiplayer Halo. The pre-pubescent screeching and hardcore skill levels make it impossible for a casual gamer to have fun.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Counter strike always felt slow and lame to me. When I was younger I'd played lots of team fortress on quake. On counter strike it felt like we all became snipers, and they were more about simulating and pretending to be in reality than have awesome intuitive gameplay.

I never found the attraction to starcraft either, though I know it is massive in the gaming world. Just didn't interest me like other games in the same genre.

GTA4 felt too scripted and lost most of the lets do random stuff and make anarchy that attracted me to earlier versions. Got boring very quickly.

hmmm.. I'll come back when I think of more :).

R

ReflecTcelfeR

GTA games get boring. After you have capped a few hoes and blown shit up for a while it just gets meh. Halo didn't do much for me either. I didn't like the graphics. We can do better! Games, in general, have been boring me lately.

KDude

GTA is amusing, when there are those kind of emergent, bizarre situations, when you're cruising around doing drive-bys, while Willie Nelson is playing on the radio.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I like going into a hospital! I'm gonna end up there anyway, might as well stay there.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
GTA sets you up in an interesting environment similar to reality except for one major advantage. You can't die and its not real, therefore, you're possibilities in a dull city is maxed up. It's a familiar environment but there's more exploration.

The only problem is that the sooner or later, the idea wanes. After hearing about the earliest GTA, I was god-excited. Now it just seems like a common situation. I bet the future is gonna be like that. Immortality may very well turn into a "common idea".

Atomic Fiend

Most FPS if not all on any current console, Western games that star 30 something year old brown haired Caucasian males, Japanese games that star 15 year old effeminate Japanese boys, games that are movies, games that are movies, the entire Virtua Fighter franchise, WWII games which technically go under the first category, games with "really good stories" that aren't RPGs.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I hate movies they turn into games! Always suck. The only reason why X-men and Spiderman games don't is because they were comics! The Lord of Ring Games weren't too bad either, but most just suck bawlz.

Atomic Fiend

Well actually I was referring to games where most of the game takes place in the cinematics. Everyone already knows most movie games are bad however, I will make an exception for the Chronicles of Riddick games and Spider-Man 2.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I'm with the sports haters beside the football game for N64 where you lit on fire when you were doing well and you could just annihilate people when you took them down! I can't remember the name.