1 3.57%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best James Bond?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best James Bond?

So, I've been in a healthy argument with a dear friend for a week now about who was the best James Bond.

Let's see if you all prove how right I am.

Epiphany

I haven't seen all of the movies and I never read the books so my opinion is of little value. As far as the most accurate film representation, I have no idea. I liked Daniel Craig's Bond better for the same reasons that I like the new Batman movies: they're darker, more realistic, less cheesy, and Craig's Bond is not this flawless, fighting robot like Jason Statham's character in The Transporter. I cringed through that entire movie, like most of his films. I remember when Daniel Craig was first cast as James Bond. People thought he was a terrible choice just like they thought Heath Ledger was going to be a horrible Joker.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to always say Sean Connery but actually think Daniel Craig is better.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

The Duchess of Oddity Array Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you can compare them.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    I haven't seen all of the movies and I never read the books so my opinion is of little value. As far as the most accurate film representation, I have no idea. I liked Daniel Craig's Bond better for the same reasons that I like the new Batman movies: they're darker, more realistic, less cheesy, and Craig's Bond is not this flawless, fighting robot like Jason Statham's character in The Transporter. I cringed through that entire movie, like most of his films. I remember when Daniel Craig was first cast as James Bond. People thought he was a terrible choice just like they thought Heath Ledger was going to be a horrible Joker.

I agree. I like Daniel Craig better because he is this flawed character that screws up and is far more realistic as Bond than the others. He is this dark character, yes, but he embodies the classic Bond charm when needed.

Post Thanks / Like

I still think that Sean Connery is THE James Bond... I've watched them all and he's still my favorite (though I'd gladly lick Pierce Brosnan from head to toe... he was one of my first childhood crushes thanks to Mrs Doubtfire )
    " My fellow Americans. As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball; but tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!" kang

MBTI
    SEXY
    Post Thanks / Like

What an idiots, voting for Daniel Craig! James Bond is suposed to be this ultra cool superspy, not some whiny fuckup. BTW, women voting on James Bond is ridiculous (expect for you Whatever, because you are correct on this matter). I don't go around voting for Milla Jovovich as a star character in sex and the city. (That would make it a lot better actually: "You're breaking up with me!!! I'm gonna f-wording rip your head of!")
    (removed)

MBTI
    xntj
    Post Thanks / Like

My pick was Sean Connery but I also liked both Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig for obvious reasons.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sp
    Socionics
    INTp
    Post Thanks / Like

George Lazenby kept to the Ian Fleming Bond more closely, followed by Timothy Dalton.

MBTI
    SEXY
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy22 View Post
    George Lazenby kept to the Ian Fleming Bond more closely, followed by Timothy Dalton.
    They also made two of the worst movies. "On her majesty's secret service" & "License to kill". Although I must say that "the living daylights" is one of the best.
    (removed)