• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Best James Bond?

Best James Bond?

• Sean Connery

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Pierce Brosnan

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Daniel Craig

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Roger Moore

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Timothy Dalton

• George Lazenby

• Total voters

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
So, I've been in a healthy argument with a dear friend for a week now about who was the best James Bond.

Let's see if you all prove how right I am. :D

E

Epiphany

I haven't seen all of the movies and I never read the books so my opinion is of little value. As far as the most accurate film representation, I have no idea. I liked Daniel Craig's Bond better for the same reasons that I like the new Batman movies: they're darker, more realistic, less cheesy, and Craig's Bond is not this flawless, fighting robot like Jason Statham's character in The Transporter. I cringed through that entire movie, like most of his films. I remember when Daniel Craig was first cast as James Bond. People thought he was a terrible choice just like they thought Heath Ledger was going to be a horrible Joker.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I used to always say Sean Connery but actually think Daniel Craig is better.

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I haven't seen all of the movies and I never read the books so my opinion is of little value. As far as the most accurate film representation, I have no idea. I liked Daniel Craig's Bond better for the same reasons that I like the new Batman movies: they're darker, more realistic, less cheesy, and Craig's Bond is not this flawless, fighting robot like Jason Statham's character in The Transporter. I cringed through that entire movie, like most of his films. I remember when Daniel Craig was first cast as James Bond. People thought he was a terrible choice just like they thought Heath Ledger was going to be a horrible Joker.

I agree. I like Daniel Craig better because he is this flawed character that screws up and is far more realistic as Bond than the others. He is this dark character, yes, but he embodies the classic Bond charm when needed.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I still think that Sean Connery is THE James Bond... I've watched them all and he's still my favorite (though I'd gladly lick Pierce Brosnan from head to toe... he was one of my first childhood crushes thanks to Mrs Doubtfire :drool:)

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
What an idiots, voting for Daniel Craig! James Bond is suposed to be this ultra cool superspy, not some whiny fuckup. BTW, women voting on James Bond is ridiculous (expect for you Whatever, because you are correct on this matter). I don't go around voting for Milla Jovovich as a star character in sex and the city. (That would make it a lot better actually: "You're breaking up with me!!! I'm gonna f-wording rip your head of!")

rav3n

My pick was Sean Connery but I also liked both Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig for obvious reasons.

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
George Lazenby kept to the Ian Fleming Bond more closely, followed by Timothy Dalton.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
George Lazenby kept to the Ian Fleming Bond more closely, followed by Timothy Dalton.

They also made two of the worst movies. "On her majesty's secret service" & "License to kill". Although I must say that "the living daylights" is one of the best.

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
They also made two of the worst movies. "On her majesty's secret service" & "License to kill". Although I must say that "the living daylights" is one of the best.

OHMSS and LTK were classics:); I always considered the worst Bond films as the Roger Moore and Peirce Brosnan movies (GoldenEye was excellent), they used too many gadgets. Fleming’s Bond smoked too much, used few gadgets, and was never able to form a lasting relationship with the opposite sex. A too perfect Bond is a flawed portrayal (Sean Connery).

R

Riva

^ GoldenEye, is definitely one of the best. Most probably the best.
There were a ton of Roger Moore James bond films that were horrible. On her majesty's secret service, was quite nice.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
The one when he finally dies!

Or the one after that.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
OHMSS and LTK were classics:); I always considered the worst Bond films as the Roger Moore and Peirce Brosnan movies (GoldenEye was excellent), they used too many gadgets. Fleming’s Bond smoked too much, used few gadgets, and was never able to form a lasting relationship with the opposite sex. A too perfect Bond is a flawed portrayal (Sean Connery).

I've never read the books so you could well be right. Nevertheless the movies featuring Sean Connery are more entertaining than all the others. To most people he is even more James Bond than Ian Flemming himself!

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

You pick the one James Bond that for the life of me, I can't remember.

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You pick the one James Bond that for the life of me, I can't remember.

The Australian James Bond. Sort of like the mentally handicapped relative no one ever talks about:cheese:.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
I really prefer Roger Moore, but have to say that Connery was probably the best.

iow, I voted Sean.

This seems contradictory, I know.