• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Best James Bond?

Best James Bond?

• Sean Connery

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Pierce Brosnan

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Daniel Craig

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Roger Moore

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Timothy Dalton

• George Lazenby

• Total voters

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I had to watch Octopussy about 100 times because my older brother liked it. I watched many James Bond movies as a child/young teen because of my brother, most likely all of them. I went back to watch every James Bond movie in order and my husband and I kept falling asleep. We finally decided we just couldn't take it anymore.

I never watched pierce, I just couldn't see him as Bond. I did watch the Craig movies and I enjoyed them until the keira knightley lip thing started bothering me. Neither of them should ever hold their mouths in that weird fake pouty look. Ever again.

daniel-craig-picture.jpg

I guess they've both had their lips done. Apparently I don't like the "fake lip" look.

Incidentally I could never tell the difference between any of the bond guys as a kid. I thought they were all the same person.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I voted for Sean. It was his sexiness...it got to me.

R

Riva

I believe Daniel Craig nailed the character in Skyfall. He was extremely comfortable in it and I cannot imagine any other Bond actor (other than maybe Timothy Dalton) playing Bond the way Craig did in it which suited the character and the movie so well.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In order of best to worst:
  1. Roger Moore
  2. Pierce Brosnan
  3. Daniel Craig
  4. Sean Connery
  5. Timothy Dalton
  6. George Lazenby

Why is the original Bond ranked so low? It's not because Connery was a bad Bond, it's because so many of his movies were unappealing, although he also did some of the best Bond movies, such as Goldfinger, You Only Live Twice, and Diamonds are Forever.

My first exposure to Bond was Roger Moore and I grew up in the Brosnan generation, so that might have something to do with it.

Daniel Craig would rank higher if only he got the opportunity to star in a campy Bond movie rather than a serious and "realistic" one.

R

Riva

In order of best to worst:
  1. Roger Moore
  2. Pierce Brosnan
  3. Daniel Craig
  4. Sean Connery
  5. Timothy Dalton
  6. George Lazenby

Why is the original Bond ranked so low? It's not because Connery was a bad Bond, it's because so many of his movies were unappealing, although he also did some of the best Bond movies, such as Goldfinger, You Only Live Twice, and Diamonds are Forever.

Daniel Craig would rank higher if only he got the opportunity to star in a campy Bond movie rather than a serious and "realistic" one.

Roger Moore on top? Please!

He made James Bond look like the English/MI6's version of Jacques Clouseau.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Roger Moore on top? Please!

He made James Bond look like the English/MI6 version of Jacques Clouseau.

And he also happened to have the funnest movies, like The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker. In fact, the only demerit I can place on TSWLM was the godawful disco music score. But the villain in TSWLM had a fucking underwater city! Who wouldn't love to be him?!?

Moore and Brosnan are also tied for having the coolest cars (the Lotus Esprit in TSWLM and the BMW in Tomorrow Never Dies (although I guess you can argue that it's awfully like the Aston Martin in The Living Daylights, but TND was a funner movie overall)...and the Aston Martin in Die Another Day would've been cooler if they had a more imaginative chase scene; it seemed like wasted potential to have an invisible car doing such limited spy work).

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do feel bad for Brosnan in the voting.
He didn't win any first-placers.

He wasn't a bad Bond.
He just really wasn't what one would imagine as Bond.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

He wasn't a bad Bond.

Even more surprising is that George Lazenby did get a first place.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder if that was just because of the movie he was associated with.

I wonder if it's just because that person is a snob and just likes to choose the unpopular option just because. And OHMSS was not that good, although it had a classic Bond pun: "He had a lot of guts!" Bond says after a henchman skis into a snowblower.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wonder if it's just because that person is a snob and just likes to choose the unpopular option just because. And OHMSS was not that good, although it had a classic Bond pun: "He had a lot of guts!" Bond says after a henchman skis into a snowblower.

Oh wow. Now I really NEED to watch that movie again.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nobody voted Brosnan...

Ironically, he was the one who fits the best with the original Fleming's description of the character in the novel.

I voted Connery, but I like Brosnan too.

R

Riva

He wasn't a bad Bond.

Whom did you vote for? Please don't tell me it's Moore. I wouldn't have been surprised if Moore's Bond started singing in the rain in his portrayals.

They say Craig is the best and that he did/does justice to Fleming's/original version of Bond but I believe Dalton did the same thing but that the timing was wrong for it and the transition from Moore's clown to Dalton's enigmatic character was to radical.

Skyfall is a brilliant film. Craig sank into it / into Bond quite well in it unlike in the last two movies. At the same time he was lucky to get to act in it. It was as if it was written for him and probably was. Dalton still would have played the character better than Craig did.

Dalton Bond was sensitive and at the same time quickly manages to turn in to a killer which is what agents are supposed to be.

Edit -

He was the most realistic Bond - the agent who did what he had to do but a human with a conscience at the end of the day.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whom did you vote for? Please don't tell me it's Moore. I wouldn't have been surprised if Moore's Bond started singing in the rain in his portrayals.

If you have read any of my posts in any of the Bond threads, you can likely answer this question on your own.

They say Craig is the best and that he did/does justice to Fleming's/original version of Bond but I believe Dalton did the same thing but that the timing was wrong for it and the transition from Moore's clown to Dalton's enigmatic character was to radical.

I think if I had to rank them in terms of "tone," Dalton got more right with the character concept, and Craig nailed the book the best. I've referred to Bond as a polished thug in some ways (and not overly intelligent, although tactically smart), and Craig seems to best reflect that kind of brooding thuggishness. Not that you can't put a suit on the book's Bond and have him hold his own in a formal event; but the other Bonds are far too self-aware and almost pretentious at times about it. I don't recall Fleming's protagonist being so remarkably self-concious as to be so pretentious.

Skyfall is a brilliant film. Craig sank into it / into Bond quite well in it unlike in the last two movies. At the same time he was lucky to get to act in it. It was as if it was written for him and probably was. Dalton still would have played the character better than Craig did.

Not sure. He would have done decently, just with more self-awareness.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Dalton Bond was sensitive and at the same time quickly manages to turn in to a killer which is what agents are supposed to be.

Edit -

He was the most realistic Bond - the agent who did what he had to do but a human with a conscience at the end of the day.

timothy-dalton-james-bond-timothy-dalton-daniel-craig-badass-demotivational-poster-1242459332.jpg