First 234

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    I wonder if it's just because that person is a snob and just likes to choose the unpopular option just because. And OHMSS was not that good, although it had a classic Bond pun: "He had a lot of guts!" Bond says after a henchman skis into a snowblower.
    Oh wow. Now I really NEED to watch that movie again.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Nobody voted Brosnan...

Ironically, he was the one who fits the best with the original Fleming's description of the character in the novel.

I voted Connery, but I like Brosnan too.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I do feel bad for Brosnan in the voting.
    He didn't win any first-placers.

He wasn't a bad Bond.
    He just really wasn't what one would imagine as Bond.
    Whom did you vote for? Please don't tell me it's Moore. I wouldn't have been surprised if Moore's Bond started singing in the rain in his portrayals.

They say Craig is the best and that he did/does justice to Fleming's/original version of Bond but I believe Dalton did the same thing but that the timing was wrong for it and the transition from Moore's clown to Dalton's enigmatic character was to radical.

Skyfall is a brilliant film. Craig sank into it / into Bond quite well in it unlike in the last two movies. At the same time he was lucky to get to act in it. It was as if it was written for him and probably was. Dalton still would have played the character better than Craig did.

Dalton Bond was sensitive and at the same time quickly manages to turn in to a killer which is what agents are supposed to be.

Edit -

He was the most realistic Bond - the agent who did what he had to do but a human with a conscience at the end of the day.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Whom did you vote for? Please don't tell me it's Moore. I wouldn't have been surprised if Moore's Bond started singing in the rain in his portrayals.
    If you have read any of my posts in any of the Bond threads, you can likely answer this question on your own.

They say Craig is the best and that he did/does justice to Fleming's/original version of Bond but I believe Dalton did the same thing but that the timing was wrong for it and the transition from Moore's clown to Dalton's enigmatic character was to radical.
    I think if I had to rank them in terms of "tone," Dalton got more right with the character concept, and Craig nailed the book the best. I've referred to Bond as a polished thug in some ways (and not overly intelligent, although tactically smart), and Craig seems to best reflect that kind of brooding thuggishness. Not that you can't put a suit on the book's Bond and have him hold his own in a formal event; but the other Bonds are far too self-aware and almost pretentious at times about it. I don't recall Fleming's protagonist being so remarkably self-concious as to be so pretentious.

Skyfall is a brilliant film. Craig sank into it / into Bond quite well in it unlike in the last two movies. At the same time he was lucky to get to act in it. It was as if it was written for him and probably was. Dalton still would have played the character better than Craig did.
    Not sure. He would have done decently, just with more self-awareness.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post

Dalton Bond was sensitive and at the same time quickly manages to turn in to a killer which is what agents are supposed to be.

Edit -

He was the most realistic Bond - the agent who did what he had to do but a human with a conscience at the end of the day.