12311 Last

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Default LOST (spoilers probably)

Anyone watch LOST? The new season starts January 31st.
    What do you think is happening? Is this all a dream or are they indeed on the island?
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFP

I forgot about that show. Those guys take long breaks don't they? I'm not sure what's going to happen. I'm lost. I hope that they kill off Jack and Kate.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jive A Turkey View Post
    I forgot about that show. Those guys take long breaks don't they? I'm not sure what's going to happen. I'm lost. I hope that they kill off Jack and Kate.
    Pffft, yeah! I need a job like theirs!

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Pffft, yeah! I need a job like theirs!
    Are they still looking for scabs?

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jive A Turkey View Post
    Are they still looking for scabs?
    No, I think the issues have been resolved. Plus I am not interested in relocating.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default LOST - Season #4 (spoilers probably)

Wow...!

I forgot how much I missed all of this.

The flash-forwards are an interesting spin. I'm wondering if only Six survived to get off the island, because they keep referring to the Oceanic Six. That's not a good sign for most of the people involved. If there are only six left, we know that group includes Kate, Jack, and Hugo. The other three? Undetermined as of yet.

I found myself really pissed at Jack. He's been spiraling down morally in the last number of episodes, imploding/exploding/lashing out; at the end of last season, he beat up Ben; and now we see in the flash-forwards that his life is ruined and he wants to go back to the island. But I have always respected him even when I found him judgmental, arrogant, hot-headed, and stubborn. He seemed a mottled mix of both good and bad, I could not really "judge" him...

... until he pulled the trigger on Locke. Locke would have been dead if the gun had been loaded. Jack's an ass.

I found Locke true to his personality. He took Jack's action in stride, never raised his voice, never lashed back, just again was the "voice of reason." Typical Locke. Things like that are probably why he seems more INTP than INFP; I doubt an INFP would have emotionally been able to accept how much Jack hated him, but Locke sees the big picture and understands why Jack would have done it... and accepts that and in a sense forgives him by not arguing with him or punishing him. He accepts it as just an inevitable consequence of the way things are, and moves ahead, making the most "reasonable" decision.

Best Moment: When Charley insists he's there, and Hugo says, "Prove it."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Wow...!
    I forgot how much I missed all of this.
    Same here. At the end of last season, I thought that the flash-forwards wouldn't work anywhere near as well as the flashbacks they'd done before, but I enjoyed them in tonight's episode. I was happy to see Hurley play a much larger part - I've always enjoyed his character the most, and although he's definitely struggling, I'm ready for a little focus on something other than the Sawyer-Kate-Jack-Juliet screwy love quadrangle, the whole Ben storyline, or Locke's creepy mysticism. Give me more Hurley, Sun, Jin, and Sayid!

Hurley's anti-baptismal cannonball was the highlight of the episode for me. It sure did take him on a turn for the worse, but it was good seeing a nicely done scene focus on him for once.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    Hurley's anti-baptismal cannonball was the highlight of the episode for me. It sure did take him on a turn for the worse, but it was good seeing a nicely done scene focus on him for once.
    The pessimist in me totally freaked out when I saw that happy scene. Hurley's character isn't really allowed to have unadulterated good happen to him. Happily, the sequence of events wasn't as bad as I feared. I thought Charley's body would be floating on the water when he surfaced.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

ME TOO cafe! I thought he was going to see Charley when he opened his eyes underwater.

I actually sympathized with Jack when he pulled the trigger. From his perspective, Locke has actively sabotaged his chances to leave the island multiple times now. I think I'd have a little hostility too.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    The pessimist in me totally freaked out when I saw that happy scene. Hurley's character isn't really allowed to have unadulterated good happen to him. Happily, the sequence of events wasn't as bad as I feared. I thought Charley's body would be floating on the water when he surfaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    ME TOO cafe! I thought he was going to see Charley when he opened his eyes underwater.
    Ack, I didn't think of that . Talk about morbid! Probably powerful though - maybe a bit too much (I bet it was suggested by at least one of the writers). I agree about Hurley not being allowed to have really good fortune. He's the guy who's decent, a little taken for granted, the one you want to pull for - even though he's probably never going to get satisfaction. One thing he does get is the almost universal friendship and consideration from others - he's just a good guy.

Oops... now it's *really* late - gnight.