• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

LOST (spoilers probably)

sam988

MBTI Type
INTJ
So did my husband (big Babylon 5 fan).

I called her "crazy French chick".

I had difficulty accepting the motivation of the character Michael. I find it hard to believe that he'd agree to not only head back toward the island but to kill even more people in order to make peace with killing the DUI twins (can't remember the characters' names). I just don't buy it.

Yea.. at least Perrineau's acting really improved in the 4th season. His acting in the "meet kevin johnson" is worth of remark.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
So did my husband (big Babylon 5 fan).

I called her "crazy French chick".
I felt bad for her. 16 years of isolation, that's a nightmare. Then finally seeing her daughter again, and getting shot soon after. Very tragic.

I had difficulty accepting the motivation of the character Michael. I find it hard to believe that he'd agree to not only head back toward the island but to kill even more people in order to make peace with killing the DUI twins (can't remember the characters' names). I just don't buy it.
Michael is a selfish bastard who doesn't think things through...ever. He told his kid. What a moron.

sam988

MBTI Type
INTJ
Michael is a selfish bastard who doesn't think things through...ever. He told his kid. What a moron.

Being selfish isn't the problem. The problem is that he is also dumb and too emotive. Such a combination can only end in disgrace for the person.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Being selfish isn't the problem. The problem is that he is also dumb and too emotive. Such a combination can only end in disgrace for the person.
He put his own needs above his child's by telling Walt what he did. He's willing to kill more people to 'redeem' himself. The guy even tried to commit suicide, another selfish act (he has a child). It looks like selfishness is a primary trait of his character, to me.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yea.. at least Perrineau's acting really improved in the 4th season. His acting in the "meet kevin johnson" is worth of remark.

I've liked him ever since Oz.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
So, how long until new episodes again?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
All right. I can make it. I think. :D

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Spoiler Warning:

Did somone else already mention that the shooting at the end of the last episode (where BF and Rosseau get shot) was most likely a set up by Ben? He wanted to kill all the obstacles to him owning and controlled Rosseau's daughter and he ordered his minions to kill the bf and the biological mother. Though, once he's told his daughter tried to 'sell him out' by announcing she's his daughter -- I dunno, I think he actually might be proud that she realized and took advantage of her only trump card in a crisis situation.

If the writers of the show happen to be reading this, now that we know Ben survives this season (boo) can we have something horrible happen to him like he gets castrated or his daughter gets pregnant and adopted by Widmore? Then the grandchild would be a Widmore.

There is nothing more satisfying for a viewer and fan than to see bad-guys get some excruciatingly emotionally painful retribution. Or a kick in the ego.

Electric

MBTI Type
entj
Spoiler Warning:

Did somone else already mention that the shooting at the end of the last episode (where BF and Rosseau get shot) was most likely a set up by Ben? He wanted to kill all the obstacles to him owning and controlled Rosseau's daughter and he ordered his minions to kill the bf and the biological mother. Though, once he's told his daughter tried to 'sell him out' by announcing she's his daughter -- I dunno, I think he actually might be proud that she realized and took advantage of her only trump card in a crisis situation.

There is nothing more satisfying for a viewer and fan than to see bad-guys get some excruciatingly emotionally painful retribution. Or a kick in the ego.

They may or may not be dead. It's not certain at the end that Karl and Rousseau are dead for sure, maybe knocked out. I have to see dead bodies to be sure. Plus, the writers wouldn't kill off characters like these for nothing would they?:huh:

If they are dead, than I'm absolutely disappointed. Rousseau has yet to explain why she thinks the monster is a security system. Ben better pick up this responsibility.:devil:

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Spoiler alert -

Is anybody else not exactly buying Ben as this kung-fu knowing James Bond-like assassin all of a sudden. He's gone from being a cerebral but physically weak evil genius to this uber-spy-like guy.

Do you think they are going to make the show about *his* redemption? From all-around bad apple to the survivors' personal "go to to get even" guy? All because they killed his daughter.

It also appears Penelope's father may have long-standing connections to the island, from way back beyond any reasonably-aged human would've existed. Is he ageless? Hmmm... the plot thickens. So now it's Ben's mission to assassinate Desmond's girlfriend.

It's all becoming a little too convoluted for me.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll say this: moving the island was hella cool.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
That freaked me out. I think it's a spaceship. My husband thinks it's an island that was hit by a meteor with strange magnetic properties many moons ago.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That freaked me out. I think it's a spaceship. My husband thinks it's an island that was hit by a meteor with strange magnetic properties many moons ago.
Seeing the water rush together was the best part.

I wonder where it was supposed to be (if you were to point to it on a map).