• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

LOST (spoilers probably)

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think Michael is Ben's spy on the boat (and the person that opened the medical room door).

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
BTW, I think Faraday is my new favorite character. I think he's adorable.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Yeah, but you like bearded geeks anyway!

True. The Queen's College Faraday bore a striking resemblance to a certain someone 15 years ago. (Though that someone didn't actually have a beard then.)

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I'm very confused and need to watch it since I only caught the last 30 minutes. The scene between Desmond and Penny was beautiful.

Is time traveling something for me to rule out?

I :heart: Jack and Desmond. :wubbie:

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Well good because that's what I've thought from almost the beginning. I hope these writer know where they're going with this story because I'd hate to this is just another Twin Peaks related disaster.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
The question isn't, Where is the Island? The question is, When is the Island? The answer to that depends on how long ago, in the present timeline, the time machine was created... approximately 14 years ago, I believe.

It would have to be a lot longer- the Dharma Initiative recruited Ben's father when Ben was, what? 7 or 8? And there were natives there already, who Ben joined when he killed all of the Dharma people.

Who is Ben? I believe he is the creator of the time machine. The Others are his associates living in the time-space bubble around the Island and Door #2 of the time machine in the "past." They are managing it and testing the effects of time travel, and strictly controlling who exits this bubble into the outside world.

Unpossible, since he was brought there by his father as a child.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
I'm glad Desmond survived. He's one of my favorite characters. I'm not a fan of Penny; she annoys me.

Who trashed the communication systems on the boat?

Is this what explains the Oceanic Six? The rest all die from time travel side effects?

Is Faraday the key? Is he the man in the casket?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I saw this theory on another thread. It was a repost so I'm not sure where the original came from (someone named Brennan):

What if everyone who was on the beach when the hatch imploded was exposed to a level of electromagnetism that makes it dangerous for them to leave the island? The four members of the Oceanic 6 who we know of so far are: Kate, Jack, Hurley and Sayid. None of them were anywhere near the beach when the sky turned purple. Kate, Jack and Hurley were on the other side of the island at the dock. Sayid was halfway around the island on the sailboat. Maybe only the people who were at the dock or on the sailboat can travel through the barrier safely (at least right now). This would make Sawyer, Jin and Sun, the only other losties who could leave. Sawyer doesn't want to leave, but Sun and Jin do, so that's how we get the Oceanic 6.

Obviously Aaron would have to be an exception to this rule and the logical reason why he would be an exception is because he is so young. Here's my contribution to the theory. Right now (island time) Aaron is so young that he doesn't have a clearly formed concept of time. Because he doesn't yet understand the concepts of future and past his consciousness can't start jumping around in time. But when he gets old enough to understand the concept of time then he will be in the same situation as everyone else who was on the beach. It will be dangerous for him to go through the barrier.

That would explain why Kate has Aaron. If the best thing for Aaron would be for him to leave the island now, but it isn't safe for Claire to leave, she would give him to someone who could leave. This works especially well if Dan is going to start trying to come up with a way that would make it safe for the beach people to leave the island. Then the separation would only be temporary.

Is that why Jack becomes such a mess? Because as time goes by and the other losties don't show up he starts to believe that Dan's plan hasn't worked and he feels responsible for leaving the others behind?

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Hmmm... it might explain Ben's warning that "everyone on this island will die" once the rescuers arrive. Not because the "rescuers" are evil and want to kill them but because the act of leaving kills them.

Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I haven't really been able to participate in this thread because I have been behind for a few weeks -- as it is, I still have to watch the Desmond episode and have been viewing everything via the streaming HD video off the ABC website.

But I have to say that the ending of the episode about Kate and her trial was just a jawdropper -- such a beautiful piece of misdirection throughout! Every context clue, all the beliefs and insinuations of the characters lead the viewers to assume one thing and never question the assumption... so the ending (which reveals the trick) is SO shocking... and especially in regards to its implications for other characters on the series.

I'll read the thread after I watch this last one...hopefully before thursday. :dry:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Merged some similar LOST-themed threads.

And I loved that episode too, Jennifer. The whole thing turned on the last word spoken during the last second of the episode.

I'm not used to watching this in realtime (i.e. one episode per week)! I'm used to being able to skip to the next episode on the disc, or at most wait for the next one to be delivered from Netflix. This is too much for my poor heart to hannana, as the Black Crowes say.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And I loved that episode too, Jennifer. The whole thing turned on the last word spoken during the last second of the episode.

yup, clearly could be labeled an "OH, F---!" moment.

I am not surprised really often, so I love it when a storyteller totally catches me off-guard like that. :)

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
I think Michael is Ben's spy on the boat (and the person that opened the medical room door).

Who is Michael again? The older bearded helicopter pilot, or someone else?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Michael- the black guy from the first two seasons, father to the strange young lad who keeps appearing to people. I forgot his name but the Others gave him back because he was creeping them out.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Michael- the black guy from the first two seasons, father to the strange young lad who keeps appearing to people. I forgot his name but the Others gave him back because he was creeping them out.
How can you forget WALT!???