• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

LOST (spoilers probably)

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
How can you forget WALT!???

Darn it - you beat me to it. I bet Michael's going to make an appearance pretty soon - I noticed that Harold Perrineau's name is appearing in the credits again.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I read a long time back that Michael was returning this season.

And sue me, I forgot a name! No INTP such as yourself would ever do such a thing, I'm sure.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I read a long time back that Michael was returning this season.

And sue me, I forgot a name! No INTP such as yourself would ever do such a thing, I'm sure.
Michael only screamed it eightybazillion times!

Have you all seen ack-attack's recaps of Lost episodes on LJ? This one was particularly funny. I also love the icon she made in honor of Sayid:

007bfq4y

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Oh Sayid, how dreamy! That icon rules.

I haven't seen those yet, but I'm friending that bitch right now.

And Desmond was like, "Hello, Ladies."

(Indeed. I may not actually be watching this show for the awesome plot after all.)

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I haven't seen those yet, but I'm friending that bitch right now.

She's got like 800 friends, so it may be a while before she friends you back! (she says she reads all the comments though)

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Darn it - you beat me to it. I bet Michael's going to make an appearance pretty soon - I noticed that Harold Perrineau's name is appearing in the credits again.

Oh . . . *that* Michael. Yeah, I like Harold Perrineau, ever since I saw him in "The Edge." He delivered one of the best lines ever in a David Mamet script:

"I like my women like I like my coffee . . .

Bitter and murky."

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh . . . *that* Michael. Yeah, I like Harold Perrineau, ever since I saw him in "The Edge." He delivered one of the best lines ever in a David Mamet script:
"I like my women like I like my coffee . . .
Bitter and murky."

That's saying a lot... Mamet really has some excellent lines. :)

(btw, The Edge is one of my favorite movies ever.)

I say Claire dies.

I don't see any other options. There's no way in hell that you-know-who would not be with you-know-who-else unless you-know-who-else is very much dead.

So now we know that the "he" waiting for Kate to return from her rendezvous with Jack at the airport is not Sawyer but Aaron. Hmmm...

Oh, nice catch! I hadn't thought back to that conversation with Jack and Kate at the airport strip yet...

And yes, it sound ike they're covering something up, saying only 8 survived. Why? Why can't they talk about the total 49 (?) that survived the crash?

BTW, I think Faraday is my new favorite character. I think he's adorable.

He IS great. The actor tends to play very similar characters in movies -- he's great at "quirk" -- and I think it works here very well.

Michael only screamed it eightybazillion times!

Yes. Don't remind me. I loathe Michael.

(Which is why I think he's a great character. I totally understand why he's doing what he's doing, but I loathe his choices and who he sacrifices along the way, and how.)

BTW: I AM FINALLY CAUGHT UP! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *dance*

Only took me a few weeks.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Didja notice we didn't hear who Ben's person on the boat is? I think you guys are right - I think it might be Michael.

So what exactly was that manifestation of Juliet's therapist? Both Jack and Juliet saw it. It has to be Jacob right - WTF?

And they did a flashback again instead of a flashforward. I had a long debate with my SO about it and why switching it like that bugs me. I just have this idea that some hotshot in a writers' meeting thought it'd be a great idea to change the format after 3 seasons and start doing flashforwards every week.

Then they got into it and realized it's unsustainable. Which makes me doubt that the writers know what the hell they are doing. My husband, who's a writer, says he thinks it's clever and doesn't have a problem with it. So I have to defer to him because he knows more about these things. Still - it just bugs me.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Update for this week (with spoilers):

Whomever said that Michael is Ben's man on the boat was correct.

Oh, and now the writers really are messing with me - it's personal I tell ya, it's personal! A combo flashback-flashforward. They have outdone themselves.

Did anybody else enjoy the Wolfram and Hart reunion on the fishing trip?

The Oceanic Six: Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Aaron, Sun (Jin doesn't make it).

The episode was just so-so for me.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whomever said that Michael is Ben's man on the boat was correct.

Yeah I rule.

Though any Lost fan saw it coming with his name in the credits.

Did anybody else enjoy the Wolfram and Hart reunion on the fishing trip?

:nice:

The Oceanic Six: Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Aaron, Sun (Jin doesn't make it).

Is Aaron officially one of the Six?

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I don't see any other options. There's no way in hell that you-know-who would not be with you-know-who-else unless you-know-who-else is very much dead.
That kid with Kate is Aaron? Was that explicitly stated? I never saw it. I assumed Sawyer got her pregnant and that was her own kid, which is why Jack had such a big problem with the whole situation. Why would Jack have a problem with Aaron? That's his nephew (though he doesn't know it).

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
That kid with Kate is Aaron? Was that explicitly stated? I never saw it. I assumed Sawyer got her pregnant and that was her own kid, which is why Jack had such a big problem with the whole situation. Why would Jack have a problem with Aaron? That's his nephew (though he doesn't know it).

She said "Hi, Aaron" at the end of that episode where she was on trial.

Also, he may have found out that Claire was his sister after returning to the US.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
That still doesn't explain why he'd have a problem with it.

No, I didn't think that it would, but I'm accustomed to Lost not giving me all the information I need to come to a conclusion. :D Just answering the "he doesn't know that yet" remark- he doesn't on the island but it seems plausible that he would either figure it out, or someone would tell him, or the media would find out and play it up ("Long lost brother and sister reunited on flight 815, unbeknownst to either!") or whatever.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I finally caught up tonight.

Sigh. Poor Jin. But I had thought it odd for Jin and Sun to both make it out, so... :(

And yes, perhaps technically Aaron would make "six," but I would think when they say "Six" they'd mean six adult cast members by that.

So... what is up with Michael now? I have no idea what deal he swung with Ben before he left. And what happened to Walt? And... eeeep!

And... you know, I don't really care if Juliet thought she ultimately had good reasons for doing what she did, she still gets my "Bitch of the Night" award for that little trick she pulled.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Jack is totally capable of having guilt and blaming himself for Claire not making it off the island or harboring resentment toward his father for fathering a child with another woman or any number of emotionally constipated reasons for not being able to bring himself to see Aaron. He's like that.

With the information we currently have, I'll go with guilt.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
I liked Danielle, dammit.

So did my husband (big Babylon 5 fan).

I called her "crazy French chick".

I had difficulty accepting the motivation of the character Michael. I find it hard to believe that he'd agree to not only head back toward the island but to kill even more people in order to make peace with killing the DUI twins (can't remember the characters' names). I just don't buy it.