User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

What's up with the guy that doesn't age, by the way?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Which guy? *can't remember*

There was the bit with Jacob (was that his name?) too, in the shack that Hugo almost went into. I don't know what to make of him.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Sorry, not from the episode last night- I was just expecting to see him and get that kind of explained. Ben's right hand man, the one who met him in the jungle as a boy and helped him off the Dharma Initiative people. He was the same age then as he is now.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Sorry, not from the episode last night- I was just expecting to see him and get that kind of explained. Ben's right hand man, the one who met him in the jungle as a boy and helped him off the Dharma Initiative people. He was the same age then as he is now.
    I totally forgot about him! Isn't he the one who also visited Juliet and convinced her to come to the island?

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I totally forgot about him! Isn't he the one who also visited Juliet and convinced her to come to the island?
    Yes, that's the one. I read on the Lost entry at Wikipedia that he's supposedly 400 years old and indigenous to the island, but I don't know where that info came from because they haven't said it on the show. I don't really follow the whole Lost Experience and stuff like that, the puzzles seemed kind of dull when I checked them out. A lot of running your mouse over a photo until you see something you can click.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yes, that's the one. I read on the Lost entry at Wikipedia that he's supposedly 400 years old and indigenous to the island, but I don't know where that info came from because they haven't said it on the show.
    I think I remember him telling Ben that they had been there first, they were the "natives," but that was about all I think he said that way.

I don't really follow the whole Lost Experience and stuff like that, the puzzles seemed kind of dull when I checked them out. A lot of running your mouse over a photo until you see something you can click.
    I haven't really followed it either. The problem is that you really cannot puzzle a lot out just by studying "clues." In that way, the show is not as accessible as it could be; the writers don't seem to know many of the answers up front themselves, so the clues are all open-ended, suggestive but nothing that can be definitively puzzled out. You can experience it but not figure it out ahead of time easily.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I noticed that! It seems really strange. The other Others, including Ben, appear to age, but not that guy. If he has some kind of Locke-like connection with the island that keeps him from aging and the Others invest some kind of mystical authority in that (which they appear to), then it seems like a guy that doesn't age ought to be their leader.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Ahhh . . . I missed all those unanswered questions every week. And I like the new flashforward gimmick.

I wonder who the "6" are going to be. And why only 6? Let's see, we know 3 of them are Jack, Kate, and Hurley. And Kate said something like, "he'll be wondering where I am" when she met Jack at the airport in last season's finale... that could only be Sawyer, right? Plus there's a body in that casket and it's male . . . hmmmm . . .

Well, I'm hooked. So glad Lost is finally back.

Do you mean the guy who played Bat Manuel on "The Tick"? I know; I find it hard to believe that he's that much older than Ben. So either, the oldest members of the Others are ageless, or the writers were kinda sloppy in expecting us to buy that the BatManuel (I'll just call him Hottie from now on because that's what he is) is older.

But I'm wondering where he is too. I can't remember if the town the Others lived in was destroyed or abandonned... what happened to the rest of the Others?

Okay, I started to feel really lazy for not even looking the guy up, so I did. His name is Nestor Carbonell.

Here's a photo, just because he's so hot:

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Am I the only one that can't think of Bernard as a good guy because he played a Wolfram and Hart bigwig on Angel? I don't have the same problem with Jin for some reason and I think he played a Wolfram and Hart guy, too.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Am I the only one that can't think of Bernard as a good guy because he played a Wolfram and Hart bigwig on Angel? I don't have the same problem with Jin for some reason and I think he played a Wolfram and Hart guy, too.
    I caught the same connection... I think Lila ripped each of them new ones at separate times.

For me, enough time elapsed between Angel and Lost. I don't confuse the characters.