User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

^^^ No No No - unless the island was going to disappear in some post nuclear winter apocalypse... and if you love TY - I'm Being Stalked by Thom Yorke - I wish this person kept writing! :-)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by jungie View Post
    ^^^ No No No - unless the island was going to disappear in some post nuclear winter apocalypse... and if you love TY - I'm Being Stalked by Thom Yorke - I wish this person kept writing! :-)
    Although that's not my real theory (I can't release it just yet!) I just can't pass up the opportunity to point out the uncanny resemblance. Thanks for the link, that looks interesting...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    lego

well . . . it's been four months since I've last logged in, and I'm watching a little later than air-time via dvr as my roommate is generally on the tv then--

and this week's twist has me searching out anywhere to voice my reaction: "What? No, really . . . wait . . . What?"

Ah, this is about the fifth time--in six episodes this season, right?--where I've just been thrilled with the entire hour.

Just as I thought the ambiguity of Ben vs Widmore was starting to clear up . . . I really love this show, and the only not-online friends I have who follow it are slooowly working through dvds of season 4.

MBTI
    ENTP

After Locke’s resurrection maybe it’s time to consider that his mother was telling the truth after all about him being immaculately conceived. You INTPs should be happy to have a guy like that in your camp.

At this point it looks like Ben is the greater evil, not Whidmore, though I think the jury’s still out on that.
    i believe that i am in hell, therefore i am there.
    –arthur rimbaud

MBTI
    ENTP

Tonight’s the big night, just a few hours to go. At last we’re getting to the true origin of Benjaman Linus. His previous backstory scenes obviously skipped over essential parts . The writers are too good to suggest that having an asshole father made Ben a sociopath, which he clearly wasn’t as a boy, when he’s actually sympathetic.

Ironic that Jack and Sayid actually created evil Ben Linus by trying to kill young (good) Ben. If they hadn’t meddled, Kate and Sawyer wouldn’t have taken the dying boy to Richard, and whatever Richard (or the Island? or Jacob?) does to save him that presumably changes him into evil Ben, would not have been done. The Lost creators are Stephen King fans, and you can see the Pet Sematary influence here.

The way Ben so knowingly called Sayid a born killer in that one scene makes it clear that Ben knew who he was all along, that he remembered. He knew all of them. Big Ben was ready when their plane crashed on the Island the first time. The paradox is that when they first met, Sayid and the others were part of big Ben’s past, giving him the advantage, while little Ben was still part of their future. The real reason (or so it appears before tonight’s episode) that Big Ben had to get Jack, Sayid and the others back on the island is to make sure the past happened the way it did. In a sense, he would not have existed if the boy hadn’t been shot, it would’ve been a different Ben Linus.

If you can’t wrap your head around all this, I’m sure Miles and Hurley will be happy to explain it to you.
    i believe that i am in hell, therefore i am there.
    –arthur rimbaud

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Since this is a recap week:

Benjamin Linus Reads Little Boy Blue

The last minute is golden!

All this time travel is so crazy, I'm amazed Ben got off from getting killed by the smoke :O and that temple is pretty creepy

for some reason it reminded me of stargate

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

I am actually surprised that none of the original survivors have yet to shove a gun to Ben linus head and pulled the trigger. That they allow him to f*** things over for them... again and again and again through manipulation and lies is beyond me.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_Peltast View Post
    I am actually surprised that none of the original survivors have yet to shove a gun to Ben linus head and pulled the trigger. That they allow him to f*** things over for them... again and again and again through manipulation and lies is beyond me.
    The gun would've misfired, Ben still has stuff to do according to the Island!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf