User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    INtP

I'm really enjoying this season too... it almost feels like they're starting to bring things together and answering questions than just throwing new weird stuff into the storyline.

And Lateralus... I agree - although I was still sort of surprised to see the question answered when it was.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

I knew the thing revealed at the end of tonight's show would eventually be revealed, just wasn't sure when.

Tonight, the those letters floated across the screen slightly out of focus, I did feel a sense of being lost, not in place, not even in time, but in existence. Couple this show with Life on Mars which follows it, and you've got some existence-questioning on your to-do list...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    ENTP

Two things Id recommend reading that were big influences on the Lost creators:

Days of Future Past by Chris Claremont and John Byrne. This X-Men comics episode - The Uncanny X-Men issues 141-142 followed the Dark Phoenix saga in the 80s. It features an alternate timeline and time travel similar to what weve seen on Lost. I believe the collected volume is usually available at Borders.

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine LEngle. Sawyer was actually reading this in one of the 1st season episodes. Amazing how the right books (not to mention all the other stuff they needed) fell out of that airplane. Among other things, this story features an entity called the The Black Thing that inspired the smoke monster.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Ben's loose end that he had to tie up (and got him bloodied)...I think I know what it is. Does anyone else have any ideas?

I think he killed Penny.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

I just bought Days of Future Past in trade at comic con!

It is just as ridiculous as I remember.

Did anyone else notice that Hurley was reading Y: The Last Man in the last episode? Shameless plug, BKV!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I like Lat's idea of what Ben was up to, but not sure if it actually went as planned.

Though that does give motivation to everyone's favorite "brotha"...

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post

Did anyone else notice that Hurley was reading Y: The Last Man in the last episode? Shameless plug, BKV!
    Yes, it figures Hurley would be reading that, considering that Brian K. Vaughan is now one of the show's writers and producers. Plus what guy who can't get laid wouldnt dream about being in that situation?
    Last edited by mysterio; 02-27-2009 at 01:22 AM.
    i believe that i am in hell, therefore i am there.
    arthur rimbaud

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I like Lat's idea of what Ben was up to, but not sure if it actually went as planned.

Though that does give motivation to everyone's favorite "brotha"...
    I don't think it went as planned, either. But it would still open the door to Des returning to the island.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I don't think it went as planned, either. But it would still open the door to Des returning to the island.
    Unless it shuts it. That would be the real twist. Desmond now exists outside of time, and all the others, every single one, that were alive (Aaron was not "alive" at the time of the crash) were there otherwise. So, this opens up a few possibilities. Faraday's mother said that the island wasn't done with him, so this is probably not the case though...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Also, here's my theory on Lost:

Coincidence? I think not... In the end it will be all a dream, but not the dream of anyone on the island, but instead the dream of Thom Yorke...