• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Moment of Truth on Fox

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Wow, I love this show. I can't believe people are subjecting themselves like lambs to the slaughter.

It's funner to watch than a train wreck.

I don't think anyone really knew what they were getting into. I will bet that no legitimate contestant will even get close to winning the grand prize of $500,000. I can't believe how delusional people can be to think they live "truthfully" or otherwise can walk away from a show like this unscathed. How many people are really so UNinvested in their relationships and public standing that they can afford to 'come clean' on national television?

I think the only person who has a shot at winning would be either 1) a sociopath OR 2) someone who has absolutely nothing to lose and absolutely no shame in telling the truth

And for the record, I would NEVER try out for this show.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
More than likely the screening process is established so that the afformentioned conestants would never see the hot seat. It would only be logical for them to exploit those with meaningful relationships and reputable social standings. We shall see in the later episodes weather or not this trend holds true, as stagnation will likely set in.

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
I haven't watched this yet, but the clips I have seen... there's NO way I would subject myself to this. No amount of money would work for me.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I watched a short clip of it, and I think what is going on is similar to hypnotism.. The contestants are only admitting to things because they are in the spotlight and want to put on the best show possible.. they don't want to be boring and essentially waste their 15 seconds of fame.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Anyone see Monday's episode?? With the married woman who got hit with all the "are you in love with your exboyfriend" and "does your family like you?"
type questions? Dang, they went right for the jugular! The audience was totally loving it too, I haven't heard such catcalling and booing and laughter on a reality show.

Now, it's not my place to judge...especially with an uncharacteristically cute avatar...but then again, yeah it is. I have a TV don't I?

I can't believe any man would choose to stay with this woman. She admits she was in love with her ex-boyfriend on her wedding night, that she's cheated on her husband, and she thinks she SHOULD be married to her exboyfriend, not her husband.

She couldn't even answer the question "Would you leave your husband to get back with your ex" and I think the answer is obviously YES, but her sister prevented her from answering the question. I don't think it was really her sister's place to do that for her own comfort, especially as the husband clearly said he wants to hear the answer.

And the fact the contestant said she didnt' care about the money, she just wanted to get stuff off her chest. This is exactly like trashy talk shows where people drag their partners out on national TV to humiliate them with confessions they should have told them in private. Maybe things she wanted to share with her family she felt she needed something drastic, but with her husband -- c'mon, she should just leave him, get counseling, TALK to him.

If she can't even talk to him and she wants to be with another man...I'm really confused why an attractive, gainfully employed young man in one of the most biggest cities in the world (NYC) would stay with her...

And FWIW, I thought her husband was noticeably better looking than the contestant and much more attractive than the exboyfriend.

Again, I don't get it at all. I'm a pretty sappy romantic person, but if someone doesn't want me, wants to be with someone else, has cheated on me and led me on for 2 years, and on top of that embarasses me on national TV, it's over.

But maybe I'm just a bastard like that.

I'm seriously a little perplexed at this show and now wonder how fixed and real the show is.

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
I don't think there is a single thing I could possibly admit to on that show short of something I could be arrested for afterwards that would deter me from that money.

And if it estranges me from my family, all the better!

However, I think they screen their contestants to make sure they have somebody on the seat who
A. Has a lot of skeletons in his closet.
B. Has a lot to lose if he tells the truth.
C. Is very sentimental.
D. Will get nervous and eventually give up.

In short, anybody who has the personality or history to win on that show will NOT make it on TV, even if he attempts to be.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
Anyone see Monday's episode?? With the married woman who got hit with all the "are you in love with your exboyfriend" and "does your family like you?"
type questions? Dang, they went right for the jugular! The audience was totally loving it too, I haven't heard such catcalling and booing and laughter on a reality show.

Now, it's not my place to judge...especially with an uncharacteristically cute avatar...but then again, yeah it is. I have a TV don't I?

I can't believe any man would choose to stay with this woman. She admits she was in love with her ex-boyfriend on her wedding night, that she's cheated on her husband, and she thinks she SHOULD be married to her exboyfriend, not her husband.

She couldn't even answer the question "Would you leave your husband to get back with your ex" and I think the answer is obviously YES, but her sister prevented her from answering the question. I don't think it was really her sister's place to do that for her own comfort, especially as the husband clearly said he wants to hear the answer.

And the fact the contestant said she didnt' care about the money, she just wanted to get stuff off her chest. This is exactly like trashy talk shows where people drag their partners out on national TV to humiliate them with confessions they should have told them in private. Maybe things she wanted to share with her family she felt she needed something drastic, but with her husband -- c'mon, she should just leave him, get counseling, TALK to him.

If she can't even talk to him and she wants to be with another man...I'm really confused why an attractive, gainfully employed young man in one of the most biggest cities in the world (NYC) would stay with her...

And FWIW, I thought her husband was noticeably better looking than the contestant and much more attractive than the exboyfriend.

Again, I don't get it at all. I'm a pretty sappy romantic person, but if someone doesn't want me, wants to be with someone else, has cheated on me and led me on for 2 years, and on top of that embarasses me on national TV, it's over.

But maybe I'm just a bastard like that.

I'm seriously a little perplexed at this show and now wonder how fixed and real the show is.

WTF. I only saw this new show Monday and only decided to see it as it looked like another piece of shit reality show I'd like to be aware enough to mock in future. I became so upset after she got the $10,000 point as they were showing "what's to come" that I couldn't watch it well enough to criticise it better. WTF is wrong with people enjoying the destruction of a person's life, whether of marriage or otherwise, nevermind WTF is wrong with said people allowing themselves to be on such a show. And polygraph testing is not 100% accurate as scientific reliability with them cites lack of evidence for 100% accuracy. Fuck----:censored:

But people need money....so let's go skin a few lambs of those desperate folk, why not? :coffee:

...and did she even win? Or has anyone won yet?

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
WTF is wrong with people enjoying the destruction of a person's life, whether of marriage or otherwise

Well I, for one, bring myself to pity them. They DO subject themselves to this knowingly and fully aware of EXACTLY what questions will be asked of them. And if they suffer? Oh well. It's funny in a Jerry Springer sort of way (except you don't have to deal with all the trailer trash).

To be honest, I envy everybody on that show. As far as I'm concerned that's an easy $500,000.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
Well I, for one, bring myself to pity them. They DO subject themselves to this knowingly and fully aware of EXACTLY what questions will be asked of them. And if they suffer? Oh well. It's funny in a Jerry Springer sort of way (except you don't have to deal with all the trailer trash).

To be honest, I envy everybody on that show. As far as I'm concerned that's an easy $500,000.

They do it aware of the potential consequences but there is a very cheap thrill in amassing laughter/anger from a person + their intimate's ruination from their (probable) desperations and fervernt wishes to gain what they desire to be an easy $500,000.

Ah, don't even remind me of Springer. I hated it enough to enjoy it for what it is even while feeling those poor people at least didn't get as much money as this kind of show could give them. And at least it used to be a bit better before it became all about flashing for beads and disgusting pole dancers pole dancing and Steve taking over and whatnot. Entertaining, sure, but they seem more hired (lolol professional hired? :yim_rolling_on_the_ ) than those on this new crappy reality TV show.

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
Go on then. Go get it.

I actually filmed my little video audition already :)

I doubt I can get on though. They need people who have been around longer to have done more that they regret. Strong family ties help too.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Hmmm.... Become a pastor or something, settle down with a mormon wife, gather a flock of children and patrons and then win your $500,000.

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
Hmmm.... Become a pastor or something, settle down with a mormon wife, gather a flock of children and patrons and then win your $500,000.

Something tells me that, in the time it would take to do all that, I would be able to make $500,000 anyway...or at least secure a future in which I could make that.

It would be funny though to watch my family sob, cry, and eventually storm out while I win my money. And I wouldn't have to share with them either!

I'll consider it.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
Something tells me that, in the time it would take to do all that, I would be able to make $500,000 anyway...or at least secure a future in which I could make that.

It would be funny though to watch my family sob, cry, and eventually storm out while I win my money. And I wouldn't have to share with them either!

I'll consider it.

Or you could make a deal with a family member much older who also loathes your family...or make a deal with some older stranger who seems wild enough to have some crazy past but claims they don't care about it being exposed as likely is already....now if they'll share with you in the end if they win is your real gamble...

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
Or you could make a deal with a family member much older who also loathes your family...or make a deal with some older stranger who seems wild enough to have some crazy past but claims they don't care about it being exposed as likely is already....now if they'll share with you in the end if they win is your real gamble...

I don't loathe my family. I just don't want to share my money with them.

And why would that person want to share with me? They don't need my help for anything having to do with the show. I'm just a beggar in this situation. :cry:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Mr. Galt...you is funny.

Apparently the contestant I wrote about tanked her marriage.

Has ''Moment of Truth'' killed a marriage? | Television News | News + Notes | Entertainment Weekly

Good job. :doh:

Supposedly she annonunced on her MySpace profile right after the airing of her episode that she and her husband were closer than ever. And now in the article she says that she wants to reconcile but her husband doesn't. Gee, I wonder why.

I think she had her husband wrapped around her finger and she thought going on the show would be fine, because he's so whipped he already knew all these things and doesn't care.

Except I'm guessing probably his family, his friends, and random strangers do and have given him a shake-up.

The woman seems incredibly selfish or desperate to be with someone, IMHO. Why do you want to be with someone who you don't really want to be with?

She's 26 and he's 24 btw, I guess this could comment could be merged with the 'getting married young' thread. This is definitely a case of someone not thnking things through enough before they got married.

Edit:

There's also a rumor that she went on the show on purpose, just to end her marriage.

The Moment of Truth Contestant Lauren Cleri Shatters Her Marriage for Money

Wow -- if that is true all I have to say is what an incredibly selfish, cowardly, cruel and immature thing to do.

Though, I guess it would explain why she failed on the question, "Do you think you're a good person". She answered yes, polygraph said no.

Last edited:

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
Mr. Galt...you is funny.

He is, isn't he? :D

Apparently the contestant I wrote about tanked her marriage.

Unfortunate... but hardly surprising.

Supposedly she annonunced on her MySpace profile right after the airing of her episode that she and her husband were closer than ever.

My...Space? I wonder if people have flamed her. I'd hope not but it's probably so..

The woman seems incredibly selfish or desperate to be with someone, IMHO. Why do you want to be with someone who you don't really want to be with?

You answered yourself. Twice. lol

She's 26 and he's 24 btw, I guess this could comment could be merged with the 'getting married young' thread. This is definitely a case of someone not thnking things through enough before they got married.

Yea, but marrying young isn't the problem (not to say you're implying that, just commenting). It's just people marrying for bad reasons, one or both, younger or older. I can't comment on the husband but she did make a bad choice. Or her reasons seemed good to her at the time, despite wishing she was marrying her ex. I don't know...she may have tried molding herself into that role or to him because she recognised her husband is a good person. A cop. She was once a thief... I don't know. I shall stop here. Heh.

There's also a rumor that she went on the show on purpose, just to end her marriage.

Wow -- if that is true all I have to say is what an incredibly selfish, cowardly, cruel and immature thing to do.

Eh. Rumours. And yea, if true. Yea.... how sad, for them both and their families..

Though, I guess it would explain why she failed on the question, "Do you think you're a good person". She answered yes, polygraph said no.

Methinks you're having a bit of fun! :alttongue:

I don't believe in polygraphs, mostly don't. However, I recall she answered she felt she changed for the better (?) or something... she answered yes and passed .... so if so, then, she may regress back into that person she tried changing from.. I hope not...but well... circumstances change when you have a whole lot of people hating on you, regardless of your stupidity or irresponsibilty or cruelty towards your husband (and family). And yourself, really...

Ah...I feel sad about it all. They're just another televised reality made TV couple yet so many others have made or are making the same problems within relationships as I post this...but they're gonna experience their issues harder (likely) and feel more exposed for it (obviously..heh..)

I wonder if they're going to stop the show? Hmm... Even though it's not my business, though it's been made known to me through the media or other people, it feels so discomforting (yet insightful to learn from). I feel sorry for her, even though she was entirely wrong and made stupid mistakes..

(didn't note Edits but there were a few :D)

6sticks

MBTI Type
istp
Fox just keeps setting its sights lower... first it was "Real Journalism", then "Fair and Balanced"... looks like a "Moment of Truth" is the most they can hope for.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
The people are given the questions before they appear on the show. As in the questions are given to them while they're still at home. They can discuss the questions with their family, friends or whatever.