User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    Go on then. Go get it.
    I actually filmed my little video audition already

I doubt I can get on though. They need people who have been around longer to have done more that they regret. Strong family ties help too.
    But sir, your opinion is wrong.
    TANSTAAFL!

MBTI
    INTP

Hmmm.... Become a pastor or something, settle down with a mormon wife, gather a flock of children and patrons and then win your $500,000.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    Hmmm.... Become a pastor or something, settle down with a mormon wife, gather a flock of children and patrons and then win your $500,000.
    Something tells me that, in the time it would take to do all that, I would be able to make $500,000 anyway...or at least secure a future in which I could make that.

It would be funny though to watch my family sob, cry, and eventually storm out while I win my money. And I wouldn't have to share with them either!

I'll consider it.
    TANSTAAFL!

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Galt View Post
    Something tells me that, in the time it would take to do all that, I would be able to make $500,000 anyway...or at least secure a future in which I could make that.

It would be funny though to watch my family sob, cry, and eventually storm out while I win my money. And I wouldn't have to share with them either!

I'll consider it.
    Or you could make a deal with a family member much older who also loathes your family...or make a deal with some older stranger who seems wild enough to have some crazy past but claims they don't care about it being exposed as likely is already....now if they'll share with you in the end if they win is your real gamble...

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    Or you could make a deal with a family member much older who also loathes your family...or make a deal with some older stranger who seems wild enough to have some crazy past but claims they don't care about it being exposed as likely is already....now if they'll share with you in the end if they win is your real gamble...
    I don't loathe my family. I just don't want to share my money with them.

And why would that person want to share with me? They don't need my help for anything having to do with the show. I'm just a beggar in this situation.
    TANSTAAFL!

MBTI
    GONE

Mr. Galt...you is funny.

Apparently the contestant I wrote about tanked her marriage.

Has ''Moment of Truth'' killed a marriage? | Television News | News + Notes | Entertainment Weekly

Good job.

Supposedly she annonunced on her MySpace profile right after the airing of her episode that she and her husband were closer than ever. And now in the article she says that she wants to reconcile but her husband doesn't. Gee, I wonder why.

I think she had her husband wrapped around her finger and she thought going on the show would be fine, because he's so whipped he already knew all these things and doesn't care.

Except I'm guessing probably his family, his friends, and random strangers do and have given him a shake-up.

The woman seems incredibly selfish or desperate to be with someone, IMHO. Why do you want to be with someone who you don't really want to be with?

She's 26 and he's 24 btw, I guess this could comment could be merged with the 'getting married young' thread. This is definitely a case of someone not thnking things through enough before they got married.

Edit:

There's also a rumor that she went on the show on purpose, just to end her marriage.

The Moment of Truth Contestant Lauren Cleri Shatters Her Marriage for Money

Wow -- if that is true all I have to say is what an incredibly selfish, cowardly, cruel and immature thing to do.

Though, I guess it would explain why she failed on the question, "Do you think you're a good person". She answered yes, polygraph said no.
    Last edited by CzeCze; 03-14-2008 at 03:06 AM. Reason: OR
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Mr. Galt...you is funny.
    He is, isn't he?

Apparently the contestant I wrote about tanked her marriage.
    Unfortunate... but hardly surprising.

Supposedly she annonunced on her MySpace profile right after the airing of her episode that she and her husband were closer than ever.
    My...Space? I wonder if people have flamed her. I'd hope not but it's probably so..

The woman seems incredibly selfish or desperate to be with someone, IMHO. Why do you want to be with someone who you don't really want to be with?
    You answered yourself. Twice. lol

She's 26 and he's 24 btw, I guess this could comment could be merged with the 'getting married young' thread. This is definitely a case of someone not thnking things through enough before they got married.
    Yea, but marrying young isn't the problem (not to say you're implying that, just commenting). It's just people marrying for bad reasons, one or both, younger or older. I can't comment on the husband but she did make a bad choice. Or her reasons seemed good to her at the time, despite wishing she was marrying her ex. I don't know...she may have tried molding herself into that role or to him because she recognised her husband is a good person. A cop. She was once a thief... I don't know. I shall stop here. Heh.

There's also a rumor that she went on the show on purpose, just to end her marriage.

Wow -- if that is true all I have to say is what an incredibly selfish, cowardly, cruel and immature thing to do.
    Eh. Rumours. And yea, if true. Yea.... how sad, for them both and their families..

Though, I guess it would explain why she failed on the question, "Do you think you're a good person". She answered yes, polygraph said no.
    Methinks you're having a bit of fun!

I don't believe in polygraphs, mostly don't. However, I recall she answered she felt she changed for the better (?) or something... she answered yes and passed .... so if so, then, she may regress back into that person she tried changing from.. I hope not...but well... circumstances change when you have a whole lot of people hating on you, regardless of your stupidity or irresponsibilty or cruelty towards your husband (and family). And yourself, really...

Ah...I feel sad about it all. They're just another televised reality made TV couple yet so many others have made or are making the same problems within relationships as I post this...but they're gonna experience their issues harder (likely) and feel more exposed for it (obviously..heh..)

I wonder if they're going to stop the show? Hmm... Even though it's not my business, though it's been made known to me through the media or other people, it feels so discomforting (yet insightful to learn from). I feel sorry for her, even though she was entirely wrong and made stupid mistakes..

(didn't note Edits but there were a few )

MBTI
    istp

Fox just keeps setting its sights lower... first it was "Real Journalism", then "Fair and Balanced"... looks like a "Moment of Truth" is the most they can hope for.
    No offense.

MBTI
    ISTx

The people are given the questions before they appear on the show. As in the questions are given to them while they're still at home. They can discuss the questions with their family, friends or whatever.