• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Looking for a new show. Any suggestions?

MBTI Type
INFj
I'm looking for a new show-- not necessarily to watch on TV, but probably on hulu or DVDs from netflix.

Ever since lost ended, all the shows I watch are commedies, and I'd like to change that by finding a new show.

The mian thing I'm looking for is good, well developed characters. I would prefer something that is dark, edgy, and has an interesting/gripping plot.

It can be a show that's still new, or a show that's been around for a long time. It can anime or live action.

Other than comedies, I haven't seen many shows out there-- even famous ones.

Anyway, give me your suggestions!

Thanks.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
24 is the best for a DVD series.

I'm a big fan of Smallville.

Both should be watched from the beginning.

KDude

Supernatural. Not quite as cool as X-Files, but better than other X-Files ripoffs.

Rome was only two seasons, but you should check it out if you haven't.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I came to say Six Feet Under, but Strawberries has beaten me to it. I also recommend Pushing Daisies. It's kind of a comedy, but definitely a dark one, and the characters are great. It only ran two seasons too, so it's easy to watch.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i just watched all 3 seasons of tru blood and now i'm done and quite sad about it.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Seconding Twin Peaks and Arrested Development.

24 is great if you skip season six.

Battlestar Galactica (new version) and Damages.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I dont think arrested is very dark

but it is definitely FAN FRAKING TASTIC <3

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
the mighty boosh
peepshow
tim and eric awewome show: great job

oldies but goodies:
mr show with bob and david
the league of gentlemen

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You might like breaking bad. It's pretty goddamn depressing - I haven't watched it in a while because I usually prefer to have my mood uplifted if I'm not watching something educational, but a lot of people like it.

It is definitely dark with a gripping plot, and has very interesting characters (well mostly just the main character, but that's good enough).

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
the wire, mad men, breaking bad, six feet under

the wire will take you a while to get into. i watched the first season and thought it was just alright, but then when i watched the rest of the series i was in love with it. you just have to pay a lot of attention, theres a ton of characters to keep up with.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Can I unrecommend "Chuck"? TV's most annoying character.

Person who knows best: "Chuck, you'll be fine as long as you don't do x"
Chuck: *does x almost immediately for no good reason, gets everyone in trouble, helps them a little in getting out of said trouble, apologizes profusely afterwards and is told it's okay -- he did great*

Once or twice is fine, but when it happens once or twice every single episode it starts to grate.