User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

The sleeveless shirts are for less gripping and holding. Its efficent, but I'm sure they wont sell to the audience/fans like that.

Those supposed Nike uniform sketches are*fake
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 19, 2010, 1:51 PM EST

So PFT has received a bunch of emails over the last couple of days from readers sending us pictures of supposed “concept sketches” of future NFL uniforms by Nike that leaked to the web.** The shoe company takes over as the league’s official supplier in 2012.

Darren Rovell of CNBC has confirmed the pictures are fakes, apparently made to trick fans and send them into a frenzy.* It basically worked.

I have to give credit here to Florio for quickly smelling a rat.* He didn’t want to post about them because he never bought they were real, even after the Ravens’ official blog wrote an article breaking them down.** (You can see all 32 fakes there.)* Bill Belichick was even asked about the supposed Patriots uniform on Friday.

“Is it Halloween?” Belichick said via Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald. * “Wasn’t that last month?”

More like April Fool’s Day, which should especially be a relief to Patriots and Steelers fans.* Man, those unis are ugly.

UPDATE: The NFL also confirmed the pictures were fakes.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ISTx

Ahh, so in all likelihood there won't be any [durastic] changes to the uniforms.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I kind of liked some of the uniforms in those pictures. They look futuristic. I also am somewhat of a traditionalist - I don't like seeing big changes in the game. But, uniform colors aren't like changing rules - it's just an aesthetic thing.

For whoever asked about thigh and knee pads, I'd just add to EffEm's answer that the person/people tackling you also have helmets on that are rock solid (with facemasks protruding out of them) - those guys come at you full speed leading with their helmet sometimes - and sometimes a player will get sandwiched between two defending players (again, with helmets involved). I think I read somewhere that the average lifespan of an NFL player who played *at least 10 years* in the NFL (something like that), was something ridiculous like 57 years old. And the ones who live beyond that often have major issues physically. The pads help.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    ISTx

figsfiggyfigs

they look like Power Ranger costumes.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Nike is taking over the Sports Arena. Whats next, Sports Center? All those other giants, like Rebook and Adidas are really low on the totem pole now.