User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default Harry Potter is Over rated

there, I've said it. Don't get me wrong I did enjoy the books, but I don't get the hooplah associated with it is all about. Yet everyone I know is so excited about the new movie, and I'm like I don't care. I'll probably watch it when it comes out on dvd, but i don't care otherwise. who else agrees?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I agree. I'm going to take my kids to watch the movie, but otherwise I probably even wouldn't have caught it on DVD. There are much worse things that are overrated though...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

I really liked the books, but I didn't pay much attention to the movies so far. I believe I have seen the first movie, but I didn't pay attention when the other movies came out, I don't even know what was the latest which came out.

But the question why there is so much hype about it never came over me. It doesn't matter to me, I am not wondering when other people like the movies, I just wasn't interested so far. There is lots of things which are popular in society and which I don't like and vice versa. It is normal for me to not always be normal

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I've liked the fourth movie the best of all of them so far.

It's been years since I've read em, but I think I liked the 5th book the best.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I used to love it, but now I think the story has some sides that I like less. Look, Harry Potter is practically an angel. That would be unthinkable in reality. Everybody has their bad and earthy sides. Ever caught him on having any unpure thoughts? I don't think so. Yes, he does beat up Draco in the fifth book, but that's the only nasty thing he has done. I mean, come on, he's a fucking teenager and he doesn't ever have unclean thoughts? Gimme a break. Okay, they did that better in the movies where they sometimes suggested that he has any teenage boy thoughts, but come on! He's just too unreal.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

DISAGREE.. but not in that crazy potter-fan sort of way. I'm more into movies than books in general. I completely avoided the book-craze of HP until three years ago, but have always enjoyed the movies. There's character and plot development, which is more than can be said for a number of other popular book/movie series and crazes. That and having had a group of those strange, crazed fans for friends gave it a nice warm place in my soul. Jerks.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I wanna clarify. I've read all of the books. I liked the Cuaron directed movie. I'm a fan of a lot of Childrens and YA Fantasy. Harry Potter is overrated because there are dozens of authors out there that when compared with J.K. Rowling deserve that sort of fame and bank. But, you can't really get angry at someone for getting rich and famous.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    But, you can't really get angry at someone for getting rich and famous.
    Sure you can. When they don't deserve it.

I'm more of a fan of fanon than canon, actually. It's a giant sandbox to play with. I personally dislike Harry as a character - he's much to whiny and not enough bad ass. He doesn't apply himself, he never realises his full potential, always needs others to tell him what to do. Whenever he shows some sign of a backbone, it disappears nearly as quickly as it came.

I am looking forward to seeing the film, though. I found the 6th one to be much better than the corresponding book, so I have high hopes for this one. It's exceedingly rare for me to be more excited with the film rather than the book.
    Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Harry needs to go Goth or turn to the dark side (on a permanent basis)

Update the image. Aren't werewolves and vampires all the rage now, anyways?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I'll wait 20 years and then when noone remembers Harry Potter but everyone still remembers Star Wars, I'll know I did the right thing to never read a Harry Potter book
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]