• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anime?

Atomic Fiend

ATM the only anime's I watch have been over for years.

The one's I liked I've already listed in this thread.

Atomic Fiend

your honor has been sullied. defend yourself or die!

Nonsense, see I've already...

*looks, realizes he hasn't listed anything*

Well I was always a fan of Rurouni Kenshin as I already stated, Big O, Shaman King, Angel Blade was... interesting. ;) let's see, I actually liked some of the crappy american redubs of some shows as well, even some that wen re subject to heavy censoring I found quite entertaining, Ultimate Muscle for example.

Flint the Time Detective, I enjoyed G-Gundam, and Monster Rancher, which will forever be cemented in my mind because of a certain event including sexual autonomy that I will not relive here... and that's about it.

Oh yeah I liked Dual Master because it made fun of how stupid card dueling shows are.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Nonsense, see I've already...

*looks, realizes he hasn't listed anything*

Well I was always a fan of Rurouni Kenshin as I already stated, Big O, Shaman King, Angel Blade was... interesting. ;) let's see, I actually liked some of the crappy american redubs of some shows as well, even some that wen re subject to heavy censoring I found quite entertaining, Ultimate Muscle for example.

Flint the Time Detective, I enjoyed G-Gundam, and Monster Rancher, which will forever be cemented in my mind because of a certain event including sexual autonomy that I will not relive here... and that's about it.

Oh yeah I liked Dual Master because it made fun of how stupid card dueling shows are.

:shock:

i see your problem. you have no honor to defend.

SuperServal

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Anime can be so good, I think, because there are less restrictions in the medium than most other forms of "film-storytelling." Live action is severely limited by what can be done with special effects and budget. American cartooons have sort of a self-imposed limit of only appealing to ADD children....they are loud, brash, and quite frankly annoying as hell (there are many anime that are like this also...but not most).

Anime allows the creators to get creative. They aren't limited by live action and they really aren't limited by any imposed creative limits. I guess it could be said that there are certain anime conventions that most stick to, but those don't seem to be too limiting.

My favorite anime shows (I actually haven't seen very many) are

Trigun

The Vision of Escaflowne

Fruits Basket

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Inuyasha (loved this thing as a younger teenager).

What were some of the first animes you guys ever saw? Did it change your perception of animation at all?

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
My favorite anime shows (I actually haven't seen very many) are

Trigun

The Vision of Escaflowne

Fruits Basket

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Inuyasha (loved this thing as a younger teenager).

Guess I'm going to have to check out this Fruits Basket business

What were some of the first animes you guys ever saw? Did it change your perception of animation at all?

Fist of the NorthStar, Ninja Scroll, DBZ.

Nope didn't change my perception as I grew up when animation didn't quite suck balls as much, think Voltron, Thundercats, Transformers, G.I. Joe, Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry, Ren & Stimpy season 1...

Ah the good ole days...

/Geezer