• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anime?

Makaub

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I thought maybe this topic may not have been deep enough to post, but than i noticed a Blink 182 thread.

Anyone watch even one series regularly? I can't say American toons are as awesome since most are either geared to children or use sick humor to make adults laugh, but I just love the situations in anime. It's always about actually growing as a human and becoming a better person. Instead of a big fat balding guy farting and hanging out with monsters that make a box of talking French fries seem normal. No thanks. I'll take the blond boy who turns into a fox monster because he's emotional.

Yes SOME anime on adult swim counts, but really if you only watch anime off AS that's not really an anime fan. Not when you're using the internet right now. If this is the case go <a href="http://www.boontan.net/anime/"> here damnit </a> I wonder if HTML even works on this board...

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I recently watched Spiral. Pretty good detective story if you don't mind all the holes. Before that I watched all of Death Note. Oh, and I watched the Irresponsible Captain Tyler, which was actually pretty damn good.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Off the top of my head, watched:

(* = :wubbie: )

Black Jack
Gensomaden Sayuki*
Fruits Basket*
School Rumble
Inuyasha
Gundam Seed
Get Backers

Currently following: Utawarerumono*

waiting for AA! Megami-sama: Tatakau Tsubasa

Atomic Fiend

Nothing that hasn't aired on toonami, in fact haven't watched anime since they moved toonami to Saturdays. Whats it been like 3,4 years now?

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
Rurouni Kenshin - Samurai X - That girl drove me nuts though, surprised I finished the series.
Berserk
Blame
Darker than Black
Ergo Proxy
Samurai Champloo
Trigun
Witchblade
Naruto
Bleach
D.Grey Man
Claymore
Inuyasha
Cowboy Bebop
Full Metal Alchemist
and probably about 20 more I can't remember.

The one thing I can't stand about some anime's is the way they make the girls so whiny, makes me want to wring their necks so they shut up :/ Same reason why I hated my brothers old g/f..

sassafrassquatch

Only what Adult Swim shows...

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and 2nd Gig
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Death Note

...everything else is crap.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
The one thing I can't stand about some anime's is the way they make the girls so whiny, makes me want to wring their necks so they shut up :/ Same reason why I hated my brothers old g/f..

Are they dubbed? If you listen to it in the original Japanese (and read the subtitles), the girls aren't really whiny, but they do have cute chibi (thanks Kiddo :D ) expressions and random emoticons popping out while their ponytails stand up when they're distressed. I kind of find that funny.

:D

Makaub

MBTI Type
ENTJ
OK Everyone in here is commanded to go to that link of mine and download Code Geass. Now.

You're still here?! GO!

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ
I used to watch Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Gundam Wing, and Ronin Warriors. I also used to follow some of the Rockman.EXE series of anime - EXE, Axess, and Beast, and the Ryuusei No Rockman series (the first and Tribe.) I might watch anime every so often but it's not as interesting to me as it used to be. I get kinda sick of kawaii chibi stuff after a while. kekeke ^__^

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
Are they dubbed? If you listen to it in the original Japanese (and read the subtitles), the girls aren't really whiny, but they do have cute chibi (thanks Kiddo :D ) expressions and random emoticons popping out while their ponytails stand up when they're distressed. I kind of find that funny.

:D

No they're not dubbed usually, I don't watch anything on TV anymore (Don't even have cable), I do it all on my PC so I generally download subbed versions of things.

lazyhappy

I've been into Paranoia Agent recently, i watched it all but who cares, i still have a obsession. It's so amazing and I can't believe I waited until now to watch it! It's a great series and i recomend it.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I've been into Paranoia Agent recently, i watched it all but who cares, i still have a obsession. It's so amazing and I can't believe I waited until now to watch it! It's a great series and i recomend it.

It freaked me out. :peepwall:

lazyhappy

It freaked me out. :peepwall:

lol it freaked me out too but that's why i loved it so much! It's so different and shows just how ugly humans are!... plus it happens to be phycological and have "dark humor" (you have to watch episode 8- it's freaking halerious(sp)). I also think little slugger (the kid that is hitting people with a bat) is so cool and i loves him :wubbie: ... yesh. sorry. i'm excited

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
I actually had to dig into my collection before I couldn't recall much when I left them :hug: ....and it's a lot easier just downloading subs now! Most subs are better anyway but newer dubs seem to be getting better..! :D Sometimes, I still buy but only if exceptionally worth it or it's on TV (and I'm patient...).....In random order, though I highlight my favs which is mostly all and a hell of a lot more I know I've forgotten...

Berserk - with mangas so long, 15yrs or so, you learn to hate them not being finished + lots of mass killing :D!!! and rape...lots of rape...:shock: !
Earth Girl Arjuna
Elfien Lied
Fruits Basket
Digimon series except after 3 or 4? Pokemon too but I didn't like it after nor as much
Gundam Series of Wing, Seed and Seed Destiny
Card Captor Sakura + movies dubbed was butchered and the manga was better...
Tsubasa Chronicles probably won't be finished and manga ongoing
.Hack//Sign - I love MMORPGs and to live in one! but show was boring after awhile...
Hana Yori Dango/Boys Over Flowers - just wanna smack the girls and guys at times
Ayashi no Ceres - onesided past soul's wannabe twin-cest with new soul's sister's old soul err
Angel Sanctuary - the bro-sis incest though....interesting but oiiiii :doh:
Wolf's Rain
Transformers
The Twelve Kingdoms
Astro Boy + a bit of the new but didn't like it much
Chrono Crusade
Ninja Scroll! - first anime movie as a kid I can recall!!
Scrapped Princess
Dragon Ball, Z and GT + movies
Akira
El Hazard
xxxHolic
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Revolutionary Girl Utena + movie
Haibane Renmei
Death Note
Rurouni Kenshin, including Samurai X + fillerish ending movie
Sailor Moon series...I was a little kid, leave me alone
Trigun
Record of Lodoss Wars + horribly crappy sequlish versions of Crystannia + other stupid crap
Noir
Vampire Princess Miyu - still watching but seems great so far
The Meloncholy of Hazuhi Suzumiya - starting to watch but best/f says it's crap....Haruhi seeeems like meeee minus the insane outburts in public and displaying her weirdness forcefully and rejecting others who aren't weird....:shock: k. just not the public outbursts...
Chobits
X-1999 and X the Movie
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden - more love of manga to hate for being unfinished
Paradise Kiss
Grave of the Fireflies - hate movies/anime that make me crrrrry :boohoo:
Nearly all Hayao Miyazaki films - also some :boohoo:
Bleach
Witch Hunter Robin
Claymore - tho haven't finished
Inuyasha
Full Metal Alchemist
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex still haven't finished it

and some Hentai I thought creatively executed or f*cked up thus making it fun to watch! Such as Bible Black or Dragon Pink or some great homosexually geared ones which were not purely smut such as Ai no Kusabi!

I am not an anime nor manga addict, I swear....I just find these worlds more fascinating than people or living at times! Staying home a lot helps too! :D

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz

Yea, but parts lagged on! Just KILL them, Kenshin! Stop being so flippin' nice! Or the fillerish crap! But omfgosh Aoshi :heart: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And why were the girls (Kaoru, Misao) so frickin annoying (except for Megumi, to a point)?! Why can't there be awesome female assasins or killers in anime w/o being horrible at it? Or completely insane (which is kinda cool, though :D) or nothing more but sexually gratifying to the eyes (nothing wrong there either but they still SUCK at killing than the 'men' do!)!