User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Anime?

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    The one thing I can't stand about some anime's is the way they make the girls so whiny, makes me want to wring their necks so they shut up :/ Same reason why I hated my brothers old g/f..
    Are they dubbed? If you listen to it in the original Japanese (and read the subtitles), the girls aren't really whiny, but they do have cute chibi (thanks Kiddo ) expressions and random emoticons popping out while their ponytails stand up when they're distressed. I kind of find that funny.

MBTI
    ENTJ

OK Everyone in here is commanded to go to that link of mine and download Code Geass. Now.

You're still here?! GO!
    This is life. So go and have a ball. Because the world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you may not be right for some. You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have...my opening statement. Sit, Ubu, sit. Good dog.

MBTI
    INTJ

I used to watch Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Gundam Wing, and Ronin Warriors. I also used to follow some of the Rockman.EXE series of anime - EXE, Axess, and Beast, and the Ryuusei No Rockman series (the first and Tribe.) I might watch anime every so often but it's not as interesting to me as it used to be. I get kinda sick of kawaii chibi stuff after a while. kekeke ^__^
    Still using a needle to break apart a grain of sand.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Are they dubbed? If you listen to it in the original Japanese (and read the subtitles), the girls aren't really whiny, but they do have cute chibi (thanks Kiddo ) expressions and random emoticons popping out while their ponytails stand up when they're distressed. I kind of find that funny.

No they're not dubbed usually, I don't watch anything on TV anymore (Don't even have cable), I do it all on my PC so I generally download subbed versions of things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

I've been into Paranoia Agent recently, i watched it all but who cares, i still have a obsession. It's so amazing and I can't believe I waited until now to watch it! It's a great series and i recomend it.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by lazyhappy View Post
    I've been into Paranoia Agent recently, i watched it all but who cares, i still have a obsession. It's so amazing and I can't believe I waited until now to watch it! It's a great series and i recomend it.
    It freaked me out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    It freaked me out.
    lol it freaked me out too but that's why i loved it so much! It's so different and shows just how ugly humans are!... plus it happens to be phycological and have "dark humor" (you have to watch episode 8- it's freaking halerious(sp)). I also think little slugger (the kid that is hitting people with a bat) is so cool and i loves him ... yesh. sorry. i'm excited

MBTI
    Zzzz

I actually had to dig into my collection before I couldn't recall much when I left them ....and it's a lot easier just downloading subs now! Most subs are better anyway but newer dubs seem to be getting better..! Sometimes, I still buy but only if exceptionally worth it or it's on TV (and I'm patient...).....In random order, though I highlight my favs which is mostly all and a hell of a lot more I know I've forgotten...

Berserk - with mangas so long, 15yrs or so, you learn to hate them not being finished + lots of mass killing !!! and rape...lots of rape... !
    Earth Girl Arjuna
    Elfien Lied
    Fruits Basket
    Digimon series except after 3 or 4? Pokemon too but I didn't like it after nor as much
    Gundam Series of Wing, Seed and Seed Destiny
    Card Captor Sakura + movies dubbed was butchered and the manga was better...
    Tsubasa Chronicles probably won't be finished and manga ongoing
    .Hack//Sign - I love MMORPGs and to live in one! but show was boring after awhile...
    Hana Yori Dango/Boys Over Flowers - just wanna smack the girls and guys at times
    Ayashi no Ceres - onesided past soul's wannabe twin-cest with new soul's sister's old soul err
    Angel Sanctuary - the bro-sis incest though....interesting but oiiiii
    Wolf's Rain
    Transformers
    The Twelve Kingdoms
    Astro Boy + a bit of the new but didn't like it much
    Chrono Crusade
    Ninja Scroll! - first anime movie as a kid I can recall!!
    Scrapped Princess
    Dragon Ball, Z and GT + movies
    Akira
    El Hazard
    xxxHolic
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Revolutionary Girl Utena + movie
    Haibane Renmei
    Death Note
    Rurouni Kenshin, including Samurai X + fillerish ending movie
    Sailor Moon series...I was a little kid, leave me alone
    Trigun
    Record of Lodoss Wars + horribly crappy sequlish versions of Crystannia + other stupid crap
    Noir
    Vampire Princess Miyu - still watching but seems great so far
    The Meloncholy of Hazuhi Suzumiya - starting to watch but best/f says it's crap....Haruhi seeeems like meeee minus the insane outburts in public and displaying her weirdness forcefully and rejecting others who aren't weird.... k. just not the public outbursts...
    Chobits
    X-1999 and X the Movie
    Naruto, Naruto Shippuden - more love of manga to hate for being unfinished
    Paradise Kiss
    Grave of the Fireflies - hate movies/anime that make me crrrrry
    Nearly all Hayao Miyazaki films - also some
    Bleach
    Witch Hunter Robin
    Claymore - tho haven't finished
    Inuyasha
    Full Metal Alchemist
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex still haven't finished it

and some Hentai I thought creatively executed or f*cked up thus making it fun to watch! Such as Bible Black or Dragon Pink or some great homosexually geared ones which were not purely smut such as Ai no Kusabi!

I am not an anime nor manga addict, I swear....I just find these worlds more fascinating than people or living at times! Staying home a lot helps too!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    Rurouni Kenshin, including Samurai X + fillerish ending movie

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    Yea, but parts lagged on! Just KILL them, Kenshin! Stop being so flippin' nice! Or the fillerish crap! But omfgosh Aoshi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And why were the girls (Kaoru, Misao) so frickin annoying (except for Megumi, to a point)?! Why can't there be awesome female assasins or killers in anime w/o being horrible at it? Or completely insane (which is kinda cool, though ) or nothing more but sexually gratifying to the eyes (nothing wrong there either but they still SUCK at killing than the 'men' do!)!