123 Last

Thread: The NFL Thread

MBTI
    INTJ

Default The NFL Thread

Week 8.........

Cowboys continue to spiral downward
    Farve is laid out; as he rolls off the field he looks like his career-dead
    McNabb is benched for the 2 minute drill in favor of Rex Grossman?!?!?!?!
    Oakland/KC/Tampa continue to dominate
    The NFC 'Champion' will be based on luck, not skill.

DISCUSS.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Answering these backwards, because that's how I roll:

Agree on the NFC champ - there is no one team that I can pick out of that mess as a favorite. Every contender has flaws that can be exposed at any given time.

Oakland might actually be legit. I think they're a better all around team than KC and the way they're playing right now isn't a big shock to me. I predicted before the season that they could challenge for a playoff spot. It's taken their offense a little while longer to get on track than I'd thought, but right now I'd say they're better than KC and will beat them this coming Sunday.

The McNabb/Grossman thing was one of the most bizarre decisions I've ever seen made by a head coach, especially one as universally venerated as Shanahan. I suppose I could see a younger Josh McDaniels-type making that kind of move, but someone with Shanahan's experience should have known better. You don't take out your future Hall of Famer in the 4th quarter when the game is still winnable, especially not to replace him with the likes of Grossman. Yikes.

Favre - who cares.

Cowboys - Jerry is reaping the benefits of hiring a yes-man instead of a head coach.
    83% I 70% N 64% T 73% P | 5w4 sp/so/sx | Chaotic Good

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Trentham View Post
    Answering these backwards, because that's how I roll:

Agree on the NFC champ - there is no one team that I can pick out of that mess as a favorite. Every contender has flaws that can be exposed at any given time.

Oakland might actually be legit. I think they're a better all around team than KC and the way they're playing right now isn't a big shock to me. I predicted before the season that they could challenge for a playoff spot. It's taken their offense a little while longer to get on track than I'd thought, but right now I'd say they're better than KC and will beat them this coming Sunday.

The McNabb/Grossman thing was one of the most bizarre decisions I've ever seen made by a head coach, especially one as universally venerated as Shanahan. I suppose I could see a younger Josh McDaniels-type making that kind of move, but someone with Shanahan's experience should have known better. You don't take out your future Hall of Famer in the 4th quarter when the game is still winnable, especially not to replace him with the likes of Grossman. Yikes.

Favre - who cares.

Cowboys - Jerry is reaping the benefits of hiring a yes-man instead of a head coach.

Jerry is going to clean house this offseason. They are better off just losing the rest of this season. Wade Phillips is GONE, Jason Garret is GONE, and the Defensive guy as well. Being an Eagles fan it was fun to watch them flop all over the league, but with Romo out it's now pathetic.

I haven't been paying attention to Oakland this season. They got one of their 3 wins off Philly last season- I remember that well. That 59 point romp last week put them on the radar. 2 convincing wins shows that there might be more to this team than once thought. I agree, they seem to have the sustainability over KC. For some reason, I see them flopping towards season's end.

As far as the NFC- Giants are looking stronger each week, but it all depends on Eli taking his meds. The Saints will have their act together by the Playoffs. Tampa Bay- I'm on a wait and see basis. They have been impressive but I'm not convinced yet.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Week 8.........

Cowboys continue to spiral downward
    The looks on the fans' faces in the Dallas crowd last night. Two people with towels over their faces...wow.

MBTI
    INTJ

Randy Moss waived yesterday after his show of affection for his former employer.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    The looks on the fans' faces in the Dallas crowd last night. Two people with towels over their faces...wow.

How bout this:
    DALLAS -- The crowd at Cowboys Stadium on Sunday was much smaller than usual, kept away by Dallas' lousy record (now 1-6), the bleak outlook without injured quarterback Tony Romo and the Jags not being much of a draw.

A shift in allegiance to the Texas Rangers in the World Series might have been a factor, too.

The mood was summed up by two fans holding a sign, which somehow made it onto the gigantic video boards: "Hurry up Cowboys, I have a Rangers game to go to."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Jerry is going to clean house this offseason. They are better off just losing the rest of this season. Wade Phillips is GONE, Jason Garret is GONE, and the Defensive guy as well. Being an Eagles fan it was fun to watch them flop all over the league, but with Romo out it's now pathetic.

I haven't been paying attention to Oakland this season. They got one of their 3 wins off Philly last season- I remember that well. That 59 point romp last week put them on the radar. 2 convincing wins shows that there might be more to this team than once thought. I agree, they seem to have the sustainability over KC. For some reason, I see them flopping towards season's end.

As far as the NFC- Giants are looking stronger each week, but it all depends on Eli taking his meds. The Saints will have their act together by the Playoffs. Tampa Bay- I'm on a wait and see basis. They have been impressive but I'm not convinced yet.
    Yeah, the Cowboys are playing for draft position at this point. I wonder who'll Jerry will go for next? I've heard Cowher's name thrown around. It's gonna be tough for anyone to win there as long as Jerry has his hooks in everything.

KC will be a very good team in a year or two. Right now they're still a little young and they have some missing pieces - particularly on the offensive line. Another draft like the one they had last year should vault them into serious contender status. I still think Cassell can get it done at QB if they protect him well enough.

The Giants and Eli are just too inconsistent for me to take them seriously (and I'm an Ole Miss fan, so I should have an Eli bias). I will say that the best move Coughlin has made in years is starting Bradshaw over Jacobs at RB. Their receivers are playing lights-out right now too. The Bucs are another one of those young teams who are playing a little over their heads right now. As the season wears on that'll probably self-correct, but watch out for them in a year or two. Josh Freeman is the real deal.
    Last edited by Trentham; 11-01-2010 at 03:31 PM. Reason: concision

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Randy Moss waived yesterday after his show of affection for his former employer.
    It'd be nuts if Moss cleared waivers and the Patriots picked him BACK up, essentially gaining a 3rd round pick from the Vikes for nothing.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Trentham View Post
    It'd be nuts if Moss cleared waivers and the Patriots picked him BACK up, essentially gaining a 3rd round pick from the Vikes for nothing.
    That's what I was just thinking about.....that would be crazy.

Childress is doing all the wrong things right now. He really needs to just sit Farve down and try to salvage this season. They have what- 4/5 losses? They can still make the playoffs even win the division. I don't want to see farve out there in a boot and his jaw wired shut a la Kanye West trying to keep his playing streak alive. Put on some Wranglers and call it a wrap!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

That's what I was just thinking about.....that would be crazy.

Childress is doing all the wrong things right now. He really needs to just sit Farve down and try to salvage this season. They have what- 4/5 losses? They can still make the playoffs even win the division. I don't want to see farve out there in a boot and his jaw wired shut a la Kanye West trying to keep his playing streak alive. Put on some Wranglers and call it a wrap!
    I half expected Favre to retire last week, rather than put the Almighty Streak in jeopardy. Of course, he's probably not in a big hurry to get back home right now...

As for Chilly, if the Vikes' free fall continues he's probably out, too. He's proven to be completely inept without a healthy Favre to prop him up.