• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The NFL Thread

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm from KC, so my team never does that.

For Iggles fans:

3994758104_f4663b77aa.jpg

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I commend them for trying to improve. They've done well in that regard. Now they've got key pieces in place; all that's left to do is work hard, try to stay healthy, work towards good chemistry, and let the chips fall where they may. Many very good teams in every sport have been unable to "get over the hump" and win a championship, despite all their efforts to do just that. All you can do is put together a good team and hope it works out. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

What you're seeing from fans is probably jealousy. If their team doesn't do well in the offseason and they see another team doing REALLY well, they get a little irked/jealous. "Why isn't my team doing that?!" Or for smaller market teams (mainly baseball/basketball), "I wish my team could spend that kind of money to get a really good team!"

I'm sort of a hypocrite in that, being from L.A., I'm a Laker fan and I love it when they beef up their team with the likes of Pau Gasol, Ron Artest, etc. But, when I see the N.Y. Yankees or the Miami Heat do it, I get pissed. :D It's just my "fan bias".

That's exactly what it is. If Dallas or NYGiants was the team making these moves, I'd be super pissed.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
The New England Patriots are The Empire, and Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine. Hopefully the fractured resistance of the Jedi (Philadelphia Eagles) can restore balance and some semblance of parity to the force (The NFL)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The New England Patriots are The Empire, and Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine. Hopefully the fractured resistance of the Jedi (Philadelphia Eagles) can restore balance and some semblance of parity to the force (The NFL)

Yes, I certainly hope so.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

You're joking but I sincerely think Patriots fans are the Bad Guysâ„¢. They're like Cowboys fans but actually competent which makes them a thousand times worse.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
You're joking but I sincerely think Patriots fans are the Bad Guysâ„¢. They're like Cowboys fans but actually competent which makes them a thousand times worse.

I've always kinda likened the Cowboys to the Republican Party: A blind legion of followers who cannot objectively critique or interpret because their loyalty to party (in this case, team) is so engrained within the fibers of their being that to do so would require a complete disassemble of their identity. Despite years of irrelevance and mediocrity, they still cling so tightly to the fond memories of their prominence (90s cowboy era / Ronald Reagan parallel)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If they lose, especially to some contentious call, those savages from Philly are going to burn Minnesota to the ground.

I wouldn't worry. Prince's spirit will create a protective purple aura around the city.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
As the reign of the Evil Empire comes to an end, I imagine Nick Foles, playing the role of Luke Skywalker, turning around at the ending celebration with the ewoks and being greeted by the ghostly images of Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan, and Donovan McNabb.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As the reign of the Evil Empire comes to an end, I imagine Nick Foles, playing the role of Luke Skywalker, turning around at the ending celebration with the ewoks and being greeted by the ghostly images of Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan, and Donovan McNabb.

Maybe Michael Vick should be Anakin?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I admit I was not expecting the Eagles to win (or any team, it's not personal) but this win at this time feels especially nice.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I admit I was not expecting the Eagles to win (or any team, it's not personal) but this win at this time feels especially nice.

Once I saw Philadelphia advanced in the NFC, I told myself there'd be no point in watching Tom Brady get his 6th ring. I'm so glad I was wrong.