• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month, November 2010

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I want to participate. It'd be the 2nd year I didn't. How are all of you handling your schedules to write this?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've got 1,500 words, and if I don't find a direction, this thing is going to stall. I'll see if I can bail myself out tonight.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Uhh, I'm kind of taking it as they come, lol. I'm at college and working part time so I guess that's how.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The trick is to not care about it. Write crap when you get stuck. Write about the clothes they are wearing, the scenery, flashbacks, miscellaneous characters, etc.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I want to participate. It'd be the 2nd year I didn't. How are all of you handling your schedules to write this?

I have an 8-5 job that takes minimal effort. I have no one to answer to and I'm ignoring some of my less important responsibilities. This info doesn't help you, I'm sure.

frozen-ozzie

MBTI Type
ISTP
Very glad to be doing it for my second year~! But my schedule is making it tough to write every day, especially 1,667 words... (luckily I started ahead, so I'm a few days ahead of the game)

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
O. My. God. I'm on a forum for people who also do NaNoWriMo and they all write just like my friend who writes as well. No good, no good! It's way too poetic! The most poetic thing I've written in the past days was "Get your eyes off of Peter!" and that's not all that Japin.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Right now I'm over 11000. It's not that good, but I have been stressed out for a couple of days so I have the right to fail.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'm at 25,000 words.

Canada's a dystopia, Texas built a huge fence around itself, the Pacific has taken over Mexico and Colombia, Hawaii is now a Commonwealth country, the South is decent as long as you're white and protestant, Alaska is a toxic wasteland, the North is a bureaucratic hell that can't even qualify as a dystopia because nobody even pretends to like it, nobody bothers to mess with Deseret because they're all Mormons, but by all means, Quebec (which now includes much of New England) is lovely as long as you can stand the weather.

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
29k words here. This is the shittiest thing I've ever written, but I'm getting my ideas on "paper" and that's what's important.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I wrote a lot of bullshit today. It's about how I bet the queen cheats at Scrabble (I'm sad > True freedom doesn't exist > Other people killed freedom > Other people are stupid conformists and can not be trusted > the queen cheats at Scrabble).

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Today's the last day - any updates? Sorry to hear you quit Kat ... are you still writing at all?

I made it to a little over 29k ... 29 018. Of course, if you added up all my posts here lately, I would likely be at 100 000 words :rolli:.

I learned that if I start writing, more comes. The hurdle always seemed to be to me in the past that I could only imagine the beginning, and never know where it would go. I now feel I have a much clearer path to how the whole story will be realized, and that's been a great revelation.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I bailed on day 3. I didn't post my resignation because I didn't want to discourage anyone else. I was seriously stressing out. I just can't write at that pace. Maybe I'll try to write something someday at a less breakneck speed.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Epic Fail on my part. I blame it on not being around on the weekends. I did get halfway done though, and plan to finish by Jan 1.

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Epic win here! 55,577 words by midnite on the 30th.

:cheers: to everyone who attempted NaNo this year!

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I stopped halfway because I lost my writer's block and I could go on with my big project again.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
There are a few reasons why I don't participate.

1) November. If there is one month in the year I wouldn't be able to write, it's november. It's the busiest month of the year.
2) I don't really like the goal. Though I'd like to increase the quantity of my writing, I don't really want to lose on quality.

I'm going to measure myself how many words I write a day, how long I'm writing and probably (for the quality goal) the most important thing: how many words netto; so writing minus scratching.