User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Default WoW: rogue imba since new patch ?

respeced on subtlety

absolute imba !!!

http://s10.directupload.net/images/101014/2kq85lfv.jpg
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Several DPS classes are borked - in fact Blizz posted today on the official forums that they are implementing some re-balancing metrics into the system via hotfixes.

Either way - dominating a BG in that manner is pretty impressive.
    83% I 70% N 64% T 73% P | 5w4 sp/so/sx | Chaotic Good

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

You know they pretty much buffed every class, right? Most classes are seeing bigger numbers, be it DPS or heals. Hunters seem to be the only ones who got screwed.

I never liked my 80 rogue. I transferred it to my boyfriend's account. My 80 shaman and 80 Priest's heals have been drastically buffed though. My 80 warlock isn't in very good gear, but it certainly got buffed. I'm not super happy with the tanking changes to my 80 Feral Druid, but I think I just need time to adjust and learn. I haven't gotten a chance to play my 80 Hunter much, but in last nights raid all of our hunters were doing much more poorly than before.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

From what I've read (although I've barely played since the patch), warrior, cat druid and ret pally DPS was way down after the first pass, while the caster classes were off-the-scale imbalanced. I haven't seen anything about hunters although they seemed OK in the last Beta build I played.

facettes de la petite mor Words of Ivory's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

The problem here is that the new set-up of talents aand stats is intended to be balanced for max level 85 characters.

It's going to be another month and a half before we're going to be able to even start making the slow climb towards the new level cap, so everything is going to be out of synch until then.

I'm surprised they launched it this early before release, to be honest.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Life calls out the meaning of pure jubilance,
    if you'll only take the time to hear it."
    ~ Words of Ivory ~

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

The did the same thing before Wrath, though the timing of the pre-expansion patch was a good bit closer to release (approximately 1 month prior versus nearly 2 months in this case). The big problem right now with classes being underpowered is the fact that Mastery hasn't yet been implemented, and won't be until Cata when we start getting post-80 gear.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

They're waiting longer to release Cataclysm because they were trying to stagger it with the release of Starcraft II.

You know what I'm honestly disappointed about? A long time ago, they said that the LAST expansion they would release would be The Emerald Dream. I'm a lore nerd, and since there has been such mystery surrounding what exactly has been going on inside of the emerald dream, I have been looking forward to the day that they continue that storyline.

Then I see in the blue post that Malfurion Stormrage is going to be a quest-giver in Darkshore. What the fuck? Malfurion Stormrage has been inside the Emerald Dream for years battling the corruption. All of a sudden he's out chilling in Auberdine? I have the sneaking suspicion that, like they have with most other lore, Blizzard just shit on the Emerald Dream storyline and abandoned it.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Then I see in the blue post that Malfurion Stormrage is going to be a quest-giver in Darkshore.
    Whaa?? I guess I haven't kept up closely enough with Cata specifics to notice this. Does this have something to do with that latest shitty Richard Knaak novel? I haven't read it, but I know it's shitty because Richard Knaak wrote it.

I do remember reading a while back though that the devs had pretty much shelved the Emerald Dream expansion idea. It would seem to be a natural fit for an expansion, especially considering they've had no less than four ED portals sitting there gathering dust since vanilla. Too bad. I'm not sure where else they can go with another expansion.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Still trying to get my account unbanned.

Then looking forward to pissing everyone off with my Fire Mage in BGs

IMO the stat revamp has been due for a long time. Caster vs Melee scaling issues were always wonky in terms of gear.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Words of Ivory View Post
    The problem here is that the new set-up of talents aand stats is intended to be balanced for max level 85 characters.

It's going to be another month and a half before we're going to be able to even start making the slow climb towards the new level cap, so everything is going to be out of synch until then.

I'm surprised they launched it this early before release, to be honest.
    Yes that's what I think too. I thought after the new patch I am gonna re-skill from combat to subtlety just for fun and suddenly killed npcs in one strike from stealth with 3k damage at level 49. I am using dagger and sword from the warsong honor points dealer. Played warsong and arathi 6 times now always scored 1st lol. Could stay that way
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]