• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

WoW: rogue imba since new patch ?

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Thanks. I have a friend who's playing crazily different from me now that 4.0.1 hit. We have very similar gear but he's using Word of Glory and all of it's associated talents to give healers a break. In randoms he has the healer go dps and he alone heals himself. It's pretty crazy! There's one talent that gives 60% bonus healing when used on yourself and another that makes it so there's a 30% chance that WoG won't consume any Holy Power, leaving you open to hit another or a Shield of Righteousness for added damage.

Speaking of that, there's a talent called Vengeance gives 5% of damage taken, whenever damage is taken, as attack power up to ten percent of your total health (even if buffed.) He hit a boss in ICC for 44k damage with Shield of Righteousness and 3 Holy Power. That's so ridiculous!
That reminds me - I need to run some randoms tonight. Haven't had time to do much more than mess around with the new stuff up til now. I'll report my findings here.

And also a master of the understatement. :smoke:

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
In case you missed it, the fixed resilience because they found that damage was too high in pvp. They intended those changes to be for level 85 health pools. at 80 and lower people just dont have the health to handle no resilience. theyll probably remove it at 85.

Yeah I saw that. Heard a few horror stories about folks getting 1-shot post-patch. I didn't plan on doing much PVP until 85 anyway. May hop on my DK and run a few BGs this weekend just for laughs.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I do a little of everything. I guess I'm kind of an altoholic - got one of each character class at least lvl 40 ;)

Ummm. You're talking to someone with 6 level 80's, a level 73, and a level 70.

It only takes like 3 days to get to 40..... :huh:

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Ummm. You're talking to someone with 6 level 80's, a level 73, and a level 70.

It only takes like 3 days to get to 40..... :huh:
4 80s, a 75, a 74, a 71. A 63 and a 60. :D

Nice to see I'm not the only one who spreads the wealth.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Yeah. I don't really have a social life, and I don't sleep much. :laugh: What is your favorite class? Least favorite?

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah. I don't really have a social life, and I don't sleep much. :laugh:
LOL, as many other interests as I have (along with full-time job) I'm surprised at how much total /played I've accumulated over the past 3 1/2 years.

What is your favorite class? Least favorite?
My favorite class varies, tbh. Usually it's whichever class I'm engrossed in playing at any particular moment. I tend to favor melee classes. If we looked at it objectively and chose the class I've played the most, Paladin would come out on top simply because I've got about 60+ days /played on my prot pally, plus another lvl 43 pally I'm currently leveling. I've played the hell out of some warriors and DKs too.

Least favorite is priest. Not because I don't like healing...I just think it's a boring class all around. Also not a huge fan of rogue even though it was my first class choice and I got one to 74. Just boring once you figure out the basics.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
My favorite class varies, tbh. Usually it's whichever class I'm engrossed in playing at any particular moment. I tend to favor melee classes. If we looked at it objectively and chose the class I've played the most, Paladin would come out on top simply because I've got about 60+ days /played on my prot pally, plus another lvl 43 pally I'm currently leveling. I've played the hell out of some warriors and DKs too.

Least favorite is priest. Not because I don't like healing...I just think it's a boring class all around. Also not a huge fan of rogue even though it was my first class choice and I got one to 74. Just boring once you figure out the basics.

Thats funny, because my main has been a Disc/Holy priest for 6 years (since release). I like healing, and as far as healing goes: Paladins are the most boring. Shamans are too easy. I don't like the HoT spam that druids have to do.

I recently started tanking with a Feral Druid though and Im loving it. I especially like how it's easy to get groups because EVERYBODY needs a tank.

I don't like rogues and warriors so much. Melee DPS isn't my thing. =P

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I like healing, and as far as healing goes: Paladins are the most boring.
My pally main is dual-specced Holy and yeah, it's sort of boring, but is still a nice change of pace from tanking. I'll have to try out his Holy spec now that 4.0.1 has hit - the new patch has brought with it a few more abilities. I reset the spec but haven't tested it yet.

Shamans are too easy. I don't like the HoT spam that druids have to do.
As healer classes go, shammies are my favorite. You'll find folks that love all of them for different reasons.

I recently started tanking with a Feral Druid though and Im loving it. I especially like how it's easy to get groups because EVERYBODY needs a tank.
Yup. Everyone loves a Bare Durid.

I don't like rogues and warriors so much. Melee DPS isn't my thing. =P
Well like I said I'm totally uninspired by rogues anymore. Warriors intrigue me though...probably the most challenging melee class to master.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Yup. Everyone loves a Bare Durid.

Haha, still cracks me up, after all this time.

I'm still trying to get my account unlocked [hey, at least it's not banned anymore] as they restore character stuff, but I might just reroll anyways. Shame I didn't get to abuse people as a fire mage before they nerfed the hell out of them instantaneously, what a surprise. We'll let DKs and Pallies stomp people for the entire S5 but heaven forbid we give casters more than 12 hours of domination.
/bitter

What server you and Tigerlily play on again, Trentham?

Kanamori

Do you wear tier rosa on your paladin too ? :D

paladintier5MLPVersion.jpg

I wish:D

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm sure its been mentioned already, but I'll reiterate it anyway. Every class is going to be ridiculously imbalanced until and for several weeks after the launch of Cataclysm. This patch is no different than 2.0 @ lvl 60 (GG 4k mutilate on players with 2.5k health). You should be able to kill other players in a swing and do other incredible feats of awesomeness, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
In case anyone cares... Zul'Gurub is being turned into a levelling zone, and with it the Swift Zulian Tiger and Raptor mounts are GONE as well as the Razzashi hatchling pet.

I've been farming for that fucking tiger for months. Try to get it while you can.