• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dedicated to Electronic Music

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
15 years old, but still great. Everybody loves Orbital...

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[YOUTUBE="ABQ8M35oJpU"]Alpha 9 - Come Home (Original Mix) [/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="Zz49OoAs2rs"]SoundLift - Empty Night Street (Daniel Kandi Remix) [/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="ckkQ1mfKXTE"]Trilucid - Departures (Yuri Kane Remix)[/YOUTUBE]

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
[YOUTUBE="ZYXwmjZjzT4"]16bit Panic[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="KLuV3-bUpdM"]Dextron - Suck My Wobble[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="msdFDCcdwaA"]DJ Craze[/YOUTUBE]

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[YOUTUBE="hMlZbfSmL7I"]Glensk - Pacific Blue (Daniel Kandi's Bangin' Mix)[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="6pM1dfx8au0"]Dan Stone - Mumbai (Original Mix)[/YOUTUBE]

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
a dnb classic from a very shy, very odd oz producer.

[youtube="L54egPBYa7w"]limpid pools[/youtube]

Quay

Peaced
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[YOUTUBE="L_MgUF2H0WY"]Dennis Ferrer - Red Room[/YOUTUBE]

I love this, crazy ass vocals and all....

omgosh at the music yall have been posting. *adding to vinyl purchase list*

Quay

Peaced
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
here you go ladies. DJ Karizma's set list and soundcloud from Rick Wilhite's party, 6/10. :)

5:14 MJ transition ftmfw. and 23:???!!! Karizma mixed in some other stuff, which you'll pick up when you play.

in rare moments of ingratitude i remind myself that i was alive for the birth and rise of house.

from the music:

"The second most popular game, that we played as children is... HOUSE." (Green Velvet - Velvet Tracks, 1993)

"House Music is a Feeling,... a feeling that will never die." (G U* & Cei-Bei - House Music Will Never Die, 1996)

"Not everyone understands House music; it's a spiritual thing; a body thing; a soul thing."
(Eddie Amador - House Music, 1997)

"In the beginning there was Jack, and Jack had a groove.
And from this groove came the grooves of all grooves.
And while one day viciously throwing down on his box, Jack boldly declared: "Let there be house!" And house music was born.
I am you see, I am the creator, and this is my house, and in my house there is only house music.
But, I am not so selfish, because once you're into my house it then becomes our house and our house music.
And you see, no one man owns house, because house music is a universal language spoken and understood by all.
You see, house is a feeling, that no one can understand really, unless you're deep into the vibe of house.
House is an uncontrollable desire to jack your body. And as I told you before: This is our house and our house music.
In every house, you understand, there is a keeper and in this house the keeper is Jack.
Now, some of you might wonder "Who is Jack and what is it that Jack does?"
Jack is the one who gives you the power to jack your body.
Jack is the one who gives you the power to do the snake.
Jack is the one who gives you the key to the wiggly worm.
Jack is the one who learns you how to walk your body.
Jack is the one that can bring nations and nations of all jackers together under one house.
You may be black, you may be white, you may be Jew or Gentile... It don't make a difference in our HOUSE.
And this is fresh."
(Rhythm Controll - My House; feat. Chuck Roberts, 1987)

from the masters:

"House music is the soundtrack to the more deviant, exciting, rebellious side of life." - Steve Lawler

"When the needle drops, the bullshit stops." - Anthony Pappa

"I am going to make love to every single one of you." Erick Morillo @ Global Gathering 2006

"Who threw water at me? I am going to kill you, I want to see blood." - Erick Morillo @ Parklife Brisbane 2003

“It’s about music! Not one music style is better than the other, not one music style is more true than the other. The whole thing is based on respect. It’s all about respect, respect to the music, respect to the DJ’s, respect to the crowd and respect to each other. It’s all music, music never separates people!” – Carl Cox @ electronicdancemuse

"That's me in the Boombox, losing my religion." - Aboveandbeyond @ Global Gathering UK 2009

"Ravers are my puppets." - my ex, to master Digweed (who gave him his start on Bedrock) @ Come Unity 2001

"free brain implant with every ticket. whenever we come on stage, wherever we are, you see it in the corner of your eye haha." - tweeted a few hours ago from El Hornet, a kickass aussie DNB DJ.

and something only a DJ should ever say to me:
"Sorry for being so good so early." - mstrkrft @ Parklife Brisbane 2007

:)

:worthy:

and this is exactly why I love this music so much: so many boundaries cease to exist on the dance floor.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
More Black Dog

Last edited:

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i have a lot to get done this week. the only way i'm gonna be able to do it, is with the aid of green tea and hard house. because, like Ike n Tina, we always do it nice and rough.

so, courtesy of the legendary DJ Dan*, a wee selection of 90's hard house (hardcore breaks, oldskook gabber, and techno) that may make you wanna clock someone you [don't] [do] love in the face. :laugh:

what the hell is it about the power of a damn whistle?!

*who yours truly is gonna see this Saturday! wooot!!!

oh and before i forget, for the addicts among us: http://www.buzzlife.com/forums.

so someone was mentioning elsewhere on typec...i forget where...the various genres in electronic music. after 20 years of lovin' house, i still barely know the styles. at some point it would be fun to explore the various types in depth...take turns curating lists by genre or somesuch?

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
omgosh at the music yall have been posting.

Of course! I get to listen to other genres too hehe!

[YOUTUBE="yAhwuK24XU4"]Armin Van Buuren - Sail (Original Mix) [/YOUTUBE]

so someone was mentioning elsewhere on typec...i forget where...the various genres in electronic music. after 20 years of lovin' house, i still barely know the styles. at some point it would be fun to explore the various types in depth...take turns curating lists by genre or somesuch?

What is funny was that I landed on this site trying to find the difference between trance and techno when I did not know the difference before :D It's old though... so it isn't updated.

Warning - That site crack jokes on the genres and subgenres, don't take it too seriously.

But I can try making a list.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Seems like a great idea to me. If you know what you're looking at/listening to, it makes it a lot easier to go deeper in, I think.

Anyway, I guess I don't mind going first. Since I seem to be kind of the resident techno nut on this thread, I'll post a link to what I believe is a very representative set for the style as a whole.

http://soundcloud.com/stroef/stroef-live-xt3-radio-05-05-2010/download

BTW, really enjoyed some of your selections there. Gotta love that early 90s rave sound. You don't get that anymore. I haven't listened to anything like that in years, even though that was the style that really got me into edm in the first place. Maybe it's time to pull out some of my old mix cds.

Edit to add: here's another really good techno set, same DJ. For a bedroom DJ, the guy's really skilled.

http://soundcloud.com/stroef/str48-stroef-stroefs-final-inversion-therapy-session/download

Last edited:

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yay freeeekyyy!

i'll take dnb! and west coast house if no other takers?

(and so true on the early 90's sound...that's when so many important things came together: hardware, software, rave culture, molly...hehe j/k...seriously kidding on that one. i'd no idea for the longest time people were on drugs at the clubs - i thought everyone was as high on the music as me and my catholic school girl best friend were!)

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What is funny was that I landed on this site trying to find the difference between trance and techno when I did not know the difference before :D It's old though... so it isn't updated.

Warning - That site crack jokes on the genres and subgenres, don't take it too seriously.

But I can try making a list.

Yes, the electronic music guide. I remember visiting ishkur's site several times a week back around 2000-2001. He was a real character. I don't think he does much there anymore. It's basically just forums and him giving an occasional update about his life, what he thinks of politics, etc.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
(and so true on the early 90's sound...that's when so many important things came together: hardware, software, rave culture, molly...hehe j/k...seriously kidding on that one. i'd no idea for the longest time people were on drugs at the clubs - i thought everyone was as high on the music as me and my catholic school girl best friend were!)

Yes, I remember spending hours on napster downloading all kinds of ravey techno and breaks and a lot of house off of napster, back before the govmnt and record labels decided it was dangerous and needed to be outlawed. My tastes have definitely changed over the years, but I still love to go back to that old stuff once in a while. You don't know where you've gone until you know where you came from.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
yay freeeekyyy!

i'll take dnb! and west coast house if no other takers?

really? you didn't realize that people at raves were on drugs? People at raves often scared the living shit out of me because they did such weird things on drugs.

That's why I never really got into the rave scene - it seemed kind of sick and scary to me. My bff once went to a rave in NYC, and saw tweakers smearing shit on walls. She said that rave was one of the most horrifying things she had witnessed in her life (albeit, she was in her late teens).

In my case I was just freaked out by the people doing repetitive dance motions over and over again - I could tell it wasn't natural.

Among other things.

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
really? you didn't realize that people at raves were on drugs? People at raves often scared the living shit out of me because they did such weird things on drugs.

i'd seriously no idea. my friend and i were pretty pure (chaste, didn't drink, were there purely for the music and vibe) and for years that's what it was all about. it wasn't until i went to ibiza for the first time in my 20s that i experienced global hardcore rave culture. 5 times i missed my return flight, 5 times had to buy a new one-way ticket home. :laugh:

confession: i've had to call two employers to push my start date back, due to inability to get home from ibiza. such a goddamn rabbit hole. (naturally, i celebrated landing a new job by nearly jeopardizing it. :shock:)

and to this day each summer i want to go back to ibiza, but after a few visits under my belt i'm scared. something about the combination of raving for 12 hours, collapsing on a beach at 9 am, and waking up at noon to start all over has me convinced that me one day i'll be mailed home in a pine box.

[youtube="t8yME7uHU_s"]in honor of balearic house[/youtube]

i 'member waking up on the beach in ibiza to this. i fucking love listening to this song driving down the CA coast now.
[youtube="Vo5CKiUVrBE"]go nina simone! go day drinking! go, erm, aging clubbers![/youtube]

+ just a bit o' balearic danceable cheese http://snd.sc/gwmM07 + http://snd.sc/gwmM07

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, I remember spending hours on napster downloading all kinds of ravey techno and breaks and a lot of house off of napster, back before the govmnt and record labels decided it was dangerous and needed to be outlawed.

i met a bf on napster! we dated for a year? he lived in paris. i remember flying there for 12 hours once...and freeeeekyyy, remember napster chat? connecting with someone via music you saw each other downloading was pretty farkin cool. kids these days are missin out.

[youtube="r4WzYPV8Sl4"]in honor of emo french lounge music[/youtube]

thank funk for youtube.