Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by agentfurrina View Post
    i'd seriously no idea. my friend and i were pretty pure (chaste, didn't drink, were there purely for the music and vibe) and for years that's what it was all about. it wasn't until i went to ibiza for the first time in my 20s that i experienced global hardcore rave culture. 5 times i missed my return flight, 5 times had to buy a new one-way ticket home.

confession: i've had to call two employers to push my start date back, due to inability to get home from ibiza. such a goddamn rabbit hole. (naturally, i celebrated landing a new job by nearly jeopardizing it. )

and to this day each summer i want to go back to ibiza, but after a few visits under my belt i'm scared. something about the combination of raving for 12 hours, collapsing on a beach at 9 am, and waking up at noon to start all over has me convinced that me one day i'll be mailed home in a pine box.

[youtube="t8yME7uHU_s"]in honor of balearic house[/youtube]

i 'member waking up on the beach in ibiza to this. i fucking love listening to this song driving down the CA coast now.
    [youtube="Vo5CKiUVrBE"]go nina simone! go day drinking! go, erm, aging clubbers![/youtube]

+ just a bit o' balearic danceable cheese http://snd.sc/gwmM07 + http://snd.sc/gwmM07
    One thing I do regret, and I try not to regret stuff, is not discovering this music earlier in life. I've always had some type of electonic music in my life, hell, I grew up listening to the Electrifying Mojo, so Kraftwerk and Cybotron were normal for me, but I did not really get into house until I was an adult. Late night radio would play house, and I didn't "get it" when I was in my teens; I was more into the ghetto tech/booty music.

What really pulled me in was depression, separated from my husband 2000 miles away from Seattle, living with my father with barely 1 year old twins, broke as shit. One day I had to get the fuck out, have a break, and some friendstook me out dancing at this place called Lola's in Detroit. "Last Night a DJ Saved My Life" applies to that night...haven't looked back since.

But I know Ibiza is probably out of the question for me at this point, hee hee. that would be something I would love to experience just once in my life, that sounds just TOO epic...before my knees give out on me. hee hee hee

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Quay View Post
    One day I had to get the fuck out, have a break, and some friendstook me out dancing at this place called Lola's in Detroit. "Last Night a DJ Saved My Life" applies to that night...haven't looked back since.
    you have no idea of the irony. PM on the way

(p.s. almost attached "Last Night a DJ Saved My Life" but got stuck wading through all the shitty remixes)
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Here ya go.

Gotta love that bassline. So funky...
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

More house (garage, whatever. Same thing)

I love this kind of music. It just makes you feel good listening to it.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

[YOUTUBE="ck_cK8g1eE8"]Above & Beyond - Anjuna Beach (Original Mix) [/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="znr2Bci6VaU"]Afterwhite - Sandbox (Tucandeo Remix) [/YOUTUBE]
    Last edited by Rail Tracer; 04-05-2011 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Another track

I'm not sure what this is, but its fucking awesome.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAsZ8Ql2e8M"]Spitfire - Prodigy[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I don't know if anybody here is a fan of ambient music, but I love it, and love how it can take you to a whole other world. I know true ambient isn't dance music, but it is electronic. Here's a few more beat-oriented ambient tracks which I've really enjoyed for many years. Maybe some of you will like it, maybe not. It takes patience to listen to, but trust me, it's well worth it.

This one is really cool. It has an awesome live drumming section. (on electronic drums) It's seriously one of my favorite pieces of music, all time, any genre.

Here's another really good one. Deep, deep bass on this track that'll practically make your heart palpitate if you have the right equipment.

You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

So how did everyone get involved or interested in Electronic music? Lets tell some stories here! <3
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    So how did everyone get involved or interested in Electronic music? Lets tell some stories here! <3
    For me, it comes from a desire to learn, understand and appreciate all kinds of music. I was about 13 when I was first introduced to it, though, right around the middle of 1998. My cousin showed me a song that he really thought was cool. He called it "rave music." I never did find out the artist or song title, but it was basically like very ethereal, epic trance. I wanted to find more music like it, so I started searching for anything electronic that I could find on napster. Went through a house phase, a jungle phase, a trance phase and an industrial phase before settling on techno as my main edm interest. Still open to anything though. I never understood people who said, "I don't like that kind of music because it's not this kind of music." People limit themselves so much, and for no real reason. Good music is good music; people need to quit trying to be hip and cool and just accept it.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader