First 917181920212969 Last

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    Anyone familiar with Half Time Drum and Bass?? Im not familiar with the artists and songs, but I like it. Someone school me .
    Slightly too much wobble.
    What I liked about 'old-school' (LOL) dubstep was the simplicity and the vibe.

Given the wobble though, 85-90BPM makes more sense than 70BPM, which sounds strange with highly energetic bass and lethargic beats.

Of course I'm biased as DnB was my first love, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Architectonic View Post
    Slightly too much wobble.
    What I liked about 'old-school' (LOL) dubstep was the simplicity and the vibe.

Given the wobble though, 85-90BPM makes more sense than 70BPM, which sounds strange with highly energetic bass and lethargic beats.

Of course I'm biased as DnB was my first love, so...
    Not all half time is wobbly though is it?? Ive heard some nice chill stuff too . I'm not gonna lie though, I love wobble! I heart old school jump up jungle, the well done shit...not the "clown step" bull shit lol.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MJspL232c8"]Chase & Status Feat Plan B - Pieces[/YOUTUBE]

seeing these guys an 16Bit this weekend, saw Boregore a few weeks ago, it's the summer of D&B and Dubstep =D

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Not all half time is wobbly though is it?? Ive heard some nice chill stuff too .
    That's what I mean by the older stuff.

The Bro-step/wobble, Boregore is the clownstep equivalent in the Dubstep scene.

I liked wobble, the first 100 times I heard it. The problem is it's too cliche. There are exceptions though. Like every time Noisia makes a dubstep tune.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

I liked wobble, the first 100 times I heard it. The problem is it's too cliche. There are exceptions though. Like every time Noisia makes a dubstep tune.

I take it no Datsik for you next weekend then?

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Barring a freak change in plans, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    seeing these guys an 16Bit this weekend, saw Boregore a few weeks ago, it's the summer of D&B and Dubstep =D
    Boh!!!! Have fun me lady, party it up for me !

Word I feel ya, a lot of the cliche hip hop vocal samples (along with screechy sounds) randomly thrown in to dubstep gets really played out after a while, its so unoriginal. I like 2 or 3 of Borgore's songs, all his tunes on his album kinda sound the same though. Bro-step can be sick on the dance floor dont ya think? I LOVE dance floor tunes . I hate it when DJ's play a set with the same old boring sound. In my opinion clown step is 100,000 times more worse then bro-step though, I cant hang with it at all :|. Barf to killer clown style drum and bass circus music. I hate hearing liquid funk at clubs too :| I feel weird dancing to it, maybe its too girly. I sound like such a hater right now, oops. Anyway on a more positive note- Im going out tonight !! Gonna see my man Bleed spin some heady dubstep tunes, TZR and Mar are throwing down too, looking forward to it! I will drink one for you guys...dude, I feel like I'm going off on an tangent right now, lol. Blah blah blah! Laters .

MBTI
    SEXY

Cool! Mala is in that group Digital Mystikz he is an OG for sure, give us a review and post some pics if you take any!
    I don't usually take pictures myself, but I'll see if I can get any afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MJspL232c8"]Chase & Status Feat Plan B - Pieces[/YOUTUBE]
    I recognize that song from the 'sub focus' essential mix.

Here is a song from the Absolute MASTERS of Neurofunk: Noisia! They live in the same city as me so I've seen them about a thousand times live, never get's old.

[YOUTUBE="g84LYUH7b2k"]Noisia - Concussion[/YOUTUBE]

And off course another favorite: Spor

[YOUTUBE="OVlbKQ53b1w"]Spor - Blue Girl[/YOUTUBE]
    (removed)

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post

Here is a song from the Absolute MASTERS of Neurofunk: Noisia! They live in the same city as me so I've seen them about a thousand times live, never get's old.

[YOUTUBE="g84LYUH7b2k"]Noisia - Concussion[/YOUTUBE]
    Agreed, Phace is the shit too!! <3 Neurofunk is awesome .

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Anyone remember these less well known Noisia tunes? 2005 was a great vintage.

It's funny how they managed to make made hoovers and amens sound completely fresh. The two minute dark ambient intro is neat too.
    [youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg1jpkQJM8w"]The Tide[/youtube]

Noisia managing to make a gritty reese into a decent melody:
    [youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea0Yvd6b1pU"]The Distance[/youtube]

And then there were all those Hustle Athletics and Drifter (loved the one which ripped off Debussy) tunes. Of course even with the release of their latest album, they're still getting shit for making too many non-DnB tunes, as if the DnB heads own them. LOL

Is anyone a fan of DJ Hidden? I think the ultra-dark stuff (or the metal equivalents) steps far too easily into the world of cheese. But his album "The Later After" steps oh so close without crossing the line.

(I wanted to post Straightjacket and 'As she laughed', but these were not on Youtube)

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnHSVZvX2Ms"]DJ Hidden - The Later After[/youtube]

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HYOJfXBKc8"]DJ Hidden - Chrono[/youtube]

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qVFPw1gCF8"]DJ Hidden - Hidden Track[/youtube]

Or for something more chilled from an album I'm enjoying at the moment:
    http://www.last.fm/music/That+Black/_/Open... (2003)
    I'd really like to know what that string instrument is too...