• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NFL quarterbacks and MBTI

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Funny how SJ way of playing isn't that efficent at the QB position.
I can believe it. Successful high-level athletes (with NFL quarterbacks perhaps being the best example) are required to constantly adjust their tactics on the fly. There's no time for them to mentally check through a detailed list of things they should be doing in a given situation. They have to trust their "instincts," or whatever you want to call it, at any given moment. I could see an SJ having problems with that.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can believe it. Successful high-level athletes (with NFL quarterbacks perhaps being the best example) are required to constantly adjust their tactics on the fly. There's no time for them to mentally check through a detailed list of things they should be doing in a given situation. They have to trust their "instincts," or whatever you want to call it, at any given moment. I could see an SJ having problems with that.

Which is funny considering how many SJ football coaches are out there.

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think coaching requires a different skillset than executing plays and making things happen on the field does. That may be the reason why you don't see very many great players that end up as great coaches.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ

Andy Reid is a big fat ISTJ.

And I think that any introverted perception dominant would have a hard time being successful as a QB- as the reflecting is inward and are usually slow to project it out.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
My reads:

Rivers: ESTP
Peyton Manning: ENTJ (dude's intense as fuck)
Brees/Brady: ENFJ
Cutler: ISTP

xaviergx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I reckon Brady is an ENFP. He is definitely an ENxP but he seems to be really soft and in his interviews gives off an ENFP vibe. I have also commonly seen him typed as an ENFP.