User Tag List

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Default Final Fantasy XIV

Ok, I swear to myself that I will never play another MMORPG after WoW. But, I love FFXI so much that I had to try Final Fantasy XIV. Too bad I can't even log on 3/4's of the time. Square Enix better step up their game *sigh*. Who else is playing this game? Who else is having nightmares with lag (when I do manage to log on) and log in?
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I played FFXI for several years and loved it, but I don't know if I'm going to try FFXIV. I don't really have time for an MMO.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I played FFXI for several years and loved it, but I don't know if I'm going to try FFXIV. I don't really have time for an MMO.
    For now at least, don't come near FFXIV, (if you do decide that you have time for an MMO) wait until it has an expansion (remember, FFXI came with Rise of the Zilart and was pretty awesome) so Square would have gotten together. Right now, it has to be one of the worst MMORPG out there. It's nearly unplayable at its current state. Someone really needs to commit seppuku in Square Enix for releasing such garbage :steam:.

Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    For now at least, don't come near FFXIV, (if you do decide that you have time for an MMO) wait until it has an expansion (remember, FFXI came with Rise of the Zilart and was pretty awesome) so Square would have gotten together. Right now, it has to be one of the worst MMORPG out there. It's nearly unplayable at its current state. Someone really needs to commit seppuku in Square Enix for releasing such garbage :steam:.
    That is what I was thinking, I played FFXI a while after Zilart was out.

I think the problem has to deal with SE rushing with releasing FFXIV. Open Beta was only like... what? A month or so? The alpha wasn't too much either.

Either way, I don't have as much time as I did for FFXI as I do now. I probably will wait a while before getting it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Quote Originally Posted by Takeru View Post

I think the problem has to deal with SE rushing with releasing FFXIV. Open Beta was only like... what? A month or so? The alpha wasn't too much either.

Either way, I don't have as much time as I did for FFXI as I do now. I probably will wait a while before getting it.
    Your probably right. Square did a half ass job on it and now I paid $75 for nothing. Although I will probably give them a benefit of a doubt and try again later. I usually don't forgive companies that does this, but I grew up in Square games and one bad apple isn't enough to deter me from Square's future games. I'm sure alot of fans feel the same way.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Quote Originally Posted by Takeru View Post

You're probably right, Square did a half ass job on FFXIV release and I paid $75 for nothing. Although I will probably give them a benefit of a doubt and try again later. I usually don't forgive companies that does this, but I grew up in Square games and one bad apple isn't enough to deter me from Square's future releases. I'm sure alot of fans feel the same way.