• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can You Dance? Do You Like To?

Mole

Permabanned
We are all trained to watch others dance. We are trained to watch dance as a performance. So no wonder we think of dance as a performance for others.

But the secret is that we can dance for joy.

We have two choices. We can feel joy and dance. Or we can dance and feel joy.

And we can dance to anything. We dance to a tree. Or we can dance to our inner feelings. Or we can dance to another person.

Dancing is free and we only need to free ourselves from our fixation with performance and dance for its own sake.

If we put aside a half an hour every second day to dance just for ourselves, our lives are transformed.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We can feel joy and not dance, too.

Mole

Permabanned
Dancing in my imagination.

We can feel joy and not dance, too.

This is true. However I have an interesting habit and that is dancing in my imagination.

As I walk along the street I imagine I am dancing on the bonnets of moving cars or up among the tree tops, or I imagine I am dancing in and out of the people on the pavement.

It invariably gets me high, although I have to take special care in crossing the road.

So here I am dancing all over the place and no one can see me. It's magic.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah, so that was you! Did you by any chance hear me singing?

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Depends on the dancing.

I'd say I'm quite the Irish dancer, plus I'm pretty good at rubbing my genitalia to someone else's genitalia in rhythm with loud music in a crowded space, too.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I love dancing. Can't do it worth shit, but it's a great way to get rid of stress and get some fun exercise. I make it really crazy so that it is fun for me, like this:

[YOUTUBE="XWIBYfy6PrI"] Crazy-ass dancing![/YOUTUBE]

Work it girl! :) <3 Love it! I feel like dancing now lol.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That did it, Sparrow! I'll cook dinner and then we go out dancing!

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Lol :) I was so hungry earlier...cant eat anything substantial because I got my teeth fixed up. I totally thought to myself...I bet Redbone could cook me something good right now, lol! True story...

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes, I love to dance so much ;). And I love dance music.

for those who want to, but feel shy, remember: just let your mind go and your body will follow.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes, I love to dance so much ;). And I love dance music.

for those who want to, but feel shy, remember: just let your mind go and your body will follow.

Yes! Dance like no ones watching! :D

Sometimes when Im feeling out of place, uncomfortable, or feeling down I just lose myself in the music and kinda get hypnotized by it and become one with the music...all my worries and uncomfortableness magically disappears :). I call it bass therapy :wubbie:.

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
some shy people i know use discobiscuits* :laugh:

*this is not an endorsement. do not try at home.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
the groove is so mysterious

Would it have been kind of cute if this thread had included a poll: Raving or Behaving?

Do you ever notice that tiny children often dance before they can walk?

Lynda Barry said:
I spent too long either wishing I could dance in a way that always looked cool or wishing I was cool enough to not care about what other people thought. Mainly I didn't dance.

The groove is so mysterious. We're born with it and we lose it and the world seems to split apart before our eyes into stupid and cool. When we get it back, the world unifies around us, and both stupid and cool fall away.

I am grateful to those who are keepers of the groove. The babies and the grandmas who hang on to it and help us remember when we forget that any kind of dancing is better than no dancing at all.

The world is a disco ball,
and we're little mirrors, one and all.
Remember when you feel very small,
the world is a disco ball.

From Havana to Hong Kong,
someone's dancing all night long.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
yay

party0032.gif
DancingKitty.gif

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I kind of like to dance, but I'm not sure I can say that I know how. I've had the odd dance lesson here or there, and while I pick it up quickly I forget everything soon afterward because I don't practice enough. Also as I've gotten older I've developed a bit of a gut and that throws off my rhythm.

I remember in High School being dragged to a special dance lesson they had there at the school by a girl I had a crush on. We sat at the side for a few minutes, and when the dance instructor asked us to get up the girl decided she didn't want to dance afterall. So I got up and danced with another girl that came by herself. We both picked up the moves really quick, and the instructor stopped the class, so that everyone could watch us dance.

Later that day the girl I danced with sought me out and came up to me to ask if she'd see me at the school dance. I said "ok", but I never indended on going because I was embarrassed that I didn't have a date. In hindsight I think she might have been attracted to me, but I didn't realize that at the time. I thought she was out of my league because she was hot and a year older than me. Yeah I was a dork alright. :doh:

KDude

Nope, can't get into it. I am a musician btw..it's not that I'm terrible at rhythm. I just.. I don't know. A cute friend could pull my arm, and I'd still pull her back to me.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can dance... I loathe to do so most of the time because I don't like being touched by strangers :sadbanana:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
cant and wont

edit. or actually i might be willing to learn to waltz or something like that if i had a nice partner

Cephalonimbus

MBTI Type
INFP
I love to dance, or any physical reaction to music for that matter... if i'm at a concert and there's a mosh pit that doesn't look too malevolent, i'm going in.

Whether or not i'm any good at it... i don't know and i don't really care either. I never watch myself dance and i don't get compliments about it, nor do people point and laugh. It feels as if my footwork is pretty good but my arms are kind of flopping around. I need a lot of space when i dance.

That being said, in order for me to be comfortable enough to dance without inhibition, i'd have to be on drugs, or witness at least one person who is so ridiculous that i know for sure i'm free to spaz out significantly without being considered "that guy". I love parties where pretty much everybody is "that guy" and as a result, nobody is... most clubs in my town are the opposite, everybody's too concerned with looking cool to really dance and the atmosphere is always tense. Bottom line: i don't dance often but i enjoy it.