User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Can You Dance? Do You Like To?

shadow boxer Array strawberries's Avatar

some shy people i know use discobiscuits*

*this is not an endorsement. do not try at home.

Symbolic Herald Array

Default the groove is so mysterious

Would it have been kind of cute if this thread had included a poll: Raving or Behaving?

Do you ever notice that tiny children often dance before they can walk?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynda Barry

I spent too long either wishing I could dance in a way that always looked cool or wishing I was cool enough to not care about what other people thought. Mainly I didn't dance.

The groove is so mysterious. We're born with it and we lose it and the world seems to split apart before our eyes into stupid and cool. When we get it back, the world unifies around us, and both stupid and cool fall away.

I am grateful to those who are keepers of the groove. The babies and the grandmas who hang on to it and help us remember when we forget that any kind of dancing is better than no dancing at all.
    The world is a disco ball,
    and we're little mirrors, one and all.
    Remember when you feel very small,
    the world is a disco ball.

From Havana to Hong Kong,
    someone's dancing all night long.

shadow boxer Array strawberries's Avatar

dances wiv vasilisa

Symbolic Herald Array

Default yay

I kind of like to dance, but I'm not sure I can say that I know how. I've had the odd dance lesson here or there, and while I pick it up quickly I forget everything soon afterward because I don't practice enough. Also as I've gotten older I've developed a bit of a gut and that throws off my rhythm.

I remember in High School being dragged to a special dance lesson they had there at the school by a girl I had a crush on. We sat at the side for a few minutes, and when the dance instructor asked us to get up the girl decided she didn't want to dance afterall. So I got up and danced with another girl that came by herself. We both picked up the moves really quick, and the instructor stopped the class, so that everyone could watch us dance.

Later that day the girl I danced with sought me out and came up to me to ask if she'd see me at the school dance. I said "ok", but I never indended on going because I was embarrassed that I didn't have a date. In hindsight I think she might have been attracted to me, but I didn't realize that at the time. I thought she was out of my league because she was hot and a year older than me. Yeah I was a dork alright.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)

Nope, can't get into it. I am a musician's not that I'm terrible at rhythm. I just.. I don't know. A cute friend could pull my arm, and I'd still pull her back to me.

827 sp/so
    SLE Ti

I can dance... I loathe to do so most of the time because I don't like being touched by strangers
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

5w4 sx

cant and wont

edit. or actually i might be willing to learn to waltz or something like that if i had a nice partner
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

man. i love dancing.
    i can dance by myself all night.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

I love to dance, or any physical reaction to music for that matter... if i'm at a concert and there's a mosh pit that doesn't look too malevolent, i'm going in.

Whether or not i'm any good at it... i don't know and i don't really care either. I never watch myself dance and i don't get compliments about it, nor do people point and laugh. It feels as if my footwork is pretty good but my arms are kind of flopping around. I need a lot of space when i dance.

That being said, in order for me to be comfortable enough to dance without inhibition, i'd have to be on drugs, or witness at least one person who is so ridiculous that i know for sure i'm free to spaz out significantly without being considered "that guy". I love parties where pretty much everybody is "that guy" and as a result, nobody is... most clubs in my town are the opposite, everybody's too concerned with looking cool to really dance and the atmosphere is always tense. Bottom line: i don't dance often but i enjoy it.
    ik sprokkel wat dagen, drop baggage,
    soms heb ik geen zin om die koffers te dragen,
    ik laat los, los het op, word onzichtbaar
    en geef de buitenlucht wat ruimte terug
    dus.. nu zit ik op m'n fiets alsof het niets is,
    maar niets kan toch niet uit zichzelf pedalen laten draaien?

~ Typhoon