• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can You Dance? Do You Like To?

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow...We all need to have a big party!:party2:

For those who don't like to or won't dance, I'll fix something yummy so you can eat while you watch the rest of us bust a move (just don't eat it all, okay?).

:party:

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Wow...We all need to have a big party!:party2:

For those who don't like to or won't dance, I'll fix something yummy so you can eat while you watch the rest of us bust a move (just don't eat it all, okay?).

:party:

That would be dreamy :) <3

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am a bit of an uncoordinated person, so when people see how I dance they are often surprised that I dance really well lol. And yes I do really enjoy it.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I am pretty awkward with it, so I don't do it usually. We had to do some dance course in sports (sigh) at school a few times, so I couldn't really avoid it totally. Since it was a rather forced atmosphere I didn't really like it most of the time, and since I wasn't really a popular choice for a dance partner it was kinda frustrating experience most of the time.

At parties, which I didn't visit very often in my life, I participated in what I will call dancing (and what probably looks like random movements) only after having had some drinks to get comfortable with it, plus at that time no one else really gives too much attention on it anyway so even less reason to feel awkward.

All in all I don't associate too many positive experiences with dancing though.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
nathaniel_dance.gif

My Name Is Nathaniel, And I Like To Dance!

That aside, I can dance and I love dancing :yes:.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I dance, and I love to dance. I've been dancing for about 3.5 years, now, mostly salsa, and just finished up a 2-hour "salsa intensive," this afternoon.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJwwtq8KkXA"]Some decent salsa music[/YOUTUBE]

I'm surprised how often guys consider dancing to be a feminine thing to do. A good male dancer usually makes a great impression on the ladies, and is never thought of as feminine or effeminate (unless, of course, he actually is, but that's independent of the dancing).

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
No and no.

Yeah, me too. I admit... I just don't get it. Part, but not all of my disinterest is that I'd actively avoid any situation where dancing would be a likely activity (a club, formal wedding reception etc.), but I don't dance at home either. For me it seems too... hmm... flamboyantly expressive, a broadcast of an internal state that I prefer to keep private?

Plus, I'm about as coordinated as your average newborn puppy :D.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I love to dance .. To become in sync with the beat, to manipulate my body and become absorbed.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
No and no.

Yeah, me too. I admit... I just don't get it. Part, but not all of my disinterest is that I'd actively avoid any situation where dancing would be a likely activity (a club, formal wedding reception etc.), but I don't dance at home either. For me it seems too... hmm... flamboyantly expressive, a broadcast of an internal state that I prefer to keep private?

Plus, I'm about as coordinated as your average newborn puppy :D.

Ditto.

In addition, I don't see how it could be enjoyable for anyone within 100 ft. of me to watch a 280 lb. man flail about like an epileptic rhino on roller skates. But if that's what floats your boat, may I suggest getting some supplemental health insurance? If I step on you, or accidentally smack you in the head, I want to make sure you're covered.

:shrug: