User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

To the OP : I've had songs make me feel claustrophobic, panicky and physically ill before. Like I want to jump out of my skin if I have to sit through one of them. I don't know if it's repetition of a sound I don't like, or the lyrics, or maybe a memory they might evoke, but it can feel awful.

But, it must be added that I have a very sensitive nervous system, and if I'm having a bad day physically, I can be susceptible to feeling overpowered by noises, or someone else's trains of thought foisted off on me in music.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

This can be related to synesthesia.

Synesthesia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I feel physically sick when I listen to most Nu-Metal. Disturbed, particularly.
    It ranges from feelings of despair, claustrophobia, just pure black depression etc.
    Triggers stuff in my brain that I really freaking hate.

Edit: on the other hand, some music makes me almost euphoric, no matter what mood I was in before.
    Some makes me want to conquer and burn stuff. Not words, here. It can be a matter of combinations of tones, bass, rhythm etc.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Man oh man, any of that gap pap dirty south clap trap rap crap. BOOM BOOM BOOM from the stereo. Lil Wanye I'm looking at you(you sound like you need to be put out of your misery already, sounding like a dying weasel), along with the countless other minstrel show talentless hacks.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    Man oh man, any of that gap pap dirty south clap trap rap crap. BOOM BOOM BOOM from the stereo. Lil Wanye I'm looking at you(you sound like you need to be put out of your misery already, sounding like a dying weasel), along with the countless other minstrel show talentless hacks.
    Crunk. Is horrible. Whoever thought that singing into a Perfect Pitch machine should be chased down the street by angry villagers. Henry Rollins was right when he said that nobody has to be talented to sing these days.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Unfortunately, lots of stuff. I don't know the names of half of them...I've had times when I literally freak out and I'm desperately trying to change the channel (or get away from somebody's $99 special XTRA BASS speakers). Bad music makes me feel like I bit into something rotten...I'm not kidding. Something moist, nasty, moldy and rotten.

So, yes to the OP.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Dixieland jazz can make me feel like I want to jump out of my skin after awhile and some hard-core Country can do it too. It's either too busy or too maudlin.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post

I feel physically sick when I listen to most Nu-Metal. Disturbed, particularly.
    It ranges from feelings of despair, claustrophobia, just pure black depression etc.
    Triggers stuff in my brain that I really freaking hate.

Edit: on the other hand, some music makes me almost euphoric, no matter what mood I was in before.
    Some makes me want to conquer and burn stuff. Not words, here. It can be a matter of combinations of tones, bass, rhythm etc.
    I think this is kinda what I was getting at, along with what LadyJaye said (but I haven't learnt to multiquote yet) It could just be a certain sentiment or sound quality that sets off really instinctual reactions, like I've literally burst out laughing, or become a little breathless during the playful part of 'The Sacrifice' by Michael Nyman without meaning to...seems a little extreme at times though.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LSI

Sick, no, but I have very specific tastes in what I'll actually listen to. Generally, having to listen to anything I don't like(especially Southern Rap and R&B) will piss me off, even more so if I shouldn't have to hear it(like the idiots who come into public places blasting their music--there is NO REASON why everyone should have to hear your music if you have headphones on!! [/RANT])

It's really just a matter of taste for me. Sometimes I go through my friends' iPods to see what they have, and I'll run through the list with a disgusted look on my face thinking "I can't believe you listen to this garbage!" All in all I'd say it's not really a sick feeling, but more of annoyed one.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I've gone through a lot of physical pain while making this list. Here you can witness the songs that make me feel horrible.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ncakGlWDyw&ob=av2n"]So now you want to make me feel bad about being single?![/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4635rbz7Ak"]Sure, Alicia Keys made some very lovely songs, but this kills me[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a8mo9IOT30&ob=av2n"]I used to love this song, but now it just brings back bad memories[/YOUTUBE]

Sure there are plenty of other songs that make me feel bad, but I don't have the power for making the list any longer right now.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Anything by Rascal Flats, Dragonforce, Alicia Keys singing really high, most country music...and Katy Perry now...I used to like her too.

And every time I change CDs in my car, the radio station will play the same damn song every 10 minutes for about a month, and I just want to punch it.

Oh jeez, how on earth could I forget Nickelback?!
    And anything that sounds remotely close to them as well.