User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I do not like sports in general! Huzzah!

Football is especially irritating. It's one of those games that takes an hour (four 15-minute quarters) to play but three to four hours to watch. When you are watching something that is 66-75% filler, and which you and your friends could theoretically go do yourself, you are officially wasting your time.

Also, I don't understand people getting worked up about football. Politics, fine, what happens politically matters (at least in theory). Literature, film, and music fall under the broader category of art, an integral part of humanity and human expression. But getting upset/defensive about one team, which you probably like not because of some real choice or thought process, but because by chance you were born or live near a certain city? About a self-contained season that in no way effects subsequent human events, imparts no lessons, has no logically reason to make you feel any genuine emotion and can be safely forgotten as soon as it concludes? DO NOT GET.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Football is good in all forms. I'm guessing you aren't talking about the Australian type, because it is sacrilege to say you hate it, especially this week! Trinity would enter the thread and kill you!

I don't mind American Football. I don't know a lot about it, but I saw a documentary on the Pittsburgh Steelers from the mid-seventies which was pretty entertaining. I loved the complete ruthlessness of the defenders and how they were jumping over people to just get a hand on the quarter back. The teamwork was awesome. They called them the "Steel Curtain" I think.

And the soccer is great. It's the most popular sport in so many countries that to hate it is to be disconnected from the love of a large percentage of the world.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

I hate football. I don't say it out loud since I'm in Texas, but those motherf___er gets paid way too much money.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

figsfiggyfigs

my bestfriend would kill me if he knew I was posting in here. lol

I HATE FOOTBALL... the American kind. yes yes. I hate it.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I guess it's time to add football to the list of things it's socially acceptable to bash despite being completely uninformed. Religion, you have company.
    People bash things they don't understand all the time. This is nothing new. This thread really belongs in a different sub-forum, though. This isn't about football, it's about their philosophical distaste for the sport.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Do not almost fall asleep while watching a playoff game with your partner's hyper-football fan family.

In play can be fun and exciting. Delays and setup time are teh boring.

Smile Ducklings

Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    I HATE FOOTBALL... the American kind. yes yes. I hate it.
    Football is like religion. It serves the same purpose in society. And if you haven't been inducted, it makes no sense. For instance, I was inducted into Rugby Union as half-back, and I know that 'Union' is the game they play in heaven.

It's a bit like Mac and PC. Mac is catholic and PC is protestant. So they play Rugby Union in heaven and use Macintoshes.

But it's worse, football is like your mother. Like ducklings, we all imprint on our mother. And no matter how boring she is, no matter how unfaithful, no matter how drunken or drug addicted, no matter how violent and criminal, we always remain imprinted.

Yes, we are all ducklings as far as football, religion, computers and mothers are concerned.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Will2911 View Post
    Oh can anyone tell me why you call Baseball the World Series, when no one outside of North America gives a shit?
    Because we welcome any team in the world to come and play against our best team and get a royal beat down.

Seriously though, I've wondered the same thing since I was a young lad.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I guess it's time to add football to the list of things it's socially acceptable to bash despite being completely uninformed. Religion, you have company.
    Finally.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Because we welcome any team in the world to come and play against our best team and get a royal beat down.

Seriously though, I've wondered the same thing since I was a young lad.
    The answer is that the World Series is named after a newspaper called, "The World".