• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

American Idol

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
As far as "the biggest star in the world right now" goes,
I think it's probably Madonna, since her album is number one in the UK and Europe.
Additionally, she's in the Top 5 on the list in the US and Canada.

Vocally, I thought Archie was better than Cookie last night,
and his song choices were better.
I agreed with Simon that, competitively speaking,
it would have been wiser for Cookie to have done Billie Jean or Hello again.

However, I did read that a lot of people were mad at the judges for throwing Cookie under the bus last night, and the anger/revenge vote came out big time for Cook.

According to DialIdol, Cook will win tonight,
but it doesn't count text votes.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
However, I did read that a lot of people were mad at the judges for throwing Cookie under the bus last night, and the anger/revenge vote came out big time for Cook..

Whether or not it was calculated reverse psychology, it worked on me.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Whether or not it was calculated reverse psychology, it worked on me.

Yeah, I think it has to be. The judges aren't in the same bubble as the contestants, and they have to know what a phenomenon Archuleta is. There's no way Simon and the rest can have done this for as many years as they have without realizing that negative comments makes people vote. I think Simon just wants Cook to have a fighting chance.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Wow, I never thought that it might be reverse psychology. I always thought that the votes tended to follow the judges' opinions, except in cases where the voting public fixates on a middling contestant based on personality (Castro, Sanjaya, Chicken Little).

I don't know what to hope for. I really don't want Archuleta to win because it would be a triumph for everything people don't like about pop music. AI has always rewarded bland, malleable competence, and that's what Archuleta is. He's perfect for them because he's cute, can sing, and has no apparent point of view as an artist. He's a lump of clay ready to be molded. I think it's bitterly ironic that the judges are always bleating that what they want most is originality.

On the other hand, I don't want Cook to win because I think it can only hurt him. He's a little older and more sure of who he is as a singer, and he needs the guidance less than Archuleta does. Winning would trap him in that awful record deal that results in terrible, boring albums that nobody buys. I think it's been proven that winning is no better than finishing in the top 3 or 4 as far as having a successful career. Cook is probably better off losing and finding his own way.

In the end, I guess I want Cook to win because I just couldn't stomach it if Archuleta did. Plus, I want to see Pa Archuleta's face when Cook is announced as the winner :) It looks like it might happen, too...DialIdol is hardly ever wrong, and they're predicting that Cook wins handily.

OK Radio

MBTI Type
intj
I share your wish to see Cook win, although if he does, Father Archuleta will destroy the rest of young David's life.

I'm glad the receiving clerk at work told me the finale was on tonight. It's a cavalcade of 80s stars. :banana2:

aeon

Potoumchka
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Justice is served! :D

cheers,
Ian

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
Finally. Now I don't have to hear about this s-h-i-t for another year.

Last edited:

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Yeah, I think it has to be. The judges aren't in the same bubble as the contestants, and they have to know what a phenomenon Archuleta is. There's no way Simon and the rest can have done this for as many years as they have without realizing that negative comments makes people vote. I think Simon just wants Cook to have a fighting chance.

Definitely reverse psychology...I remember him mentioning a few years back that whoever he came down hard on ended up staying in the competition and I kinda wondered if he'd ever play that card to his advantage.

Did you see that fat triumphant on his face when the winner was announced? Oh yeah, Simon's a sly devil...and I love him for it. :D

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
I can't effing believe it. There is a god.

All this and Seal in tight white pants too?

I can die now.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I knew he'd win. It was written in the stars above. ;)

Very entertaining. Nice to see George Michael. I noticed he seem to be straining but he redeemed himself by letting us all know he has a cold. Either that or a little sniff sniff before hitting the stage.

Dansker

MBTI Type
INTP
A well deserved win by David Cook.

I do feel a little sad for David Archuleta - I hope he goes on to have a successful career in the industry.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Dare I say I actually am sad Crazy Tatiana didn't get through tonight?

Me too! I kind of liked her (a little). I did think it was cheesy that she was pretending to cry at the last song..but Oh well. I'm happy with the three that did make it through.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
This was the best thing I've seen on AI to date. Go Adam!! :static:[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JTtd8u-GC8"]AdamLambert[/YOUTUBE]

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
I wish I could help the lobotomized fans of this show, but I don’t know how to. I’m afraid all I can offer them is pity.