• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

American Idol

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
I am planning to suicide bomb this thread. I gave you warning so do not complain when I do.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
What are you? 12?

Just think, in 4 years you can audition for American Idol.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Aaaaaaaargh!!!!! They sent my Carly home! There is no justice. :cry:

Andrew Lloyd Webber is a strange little man.

Neil Diamond next week! Bring it! Sequined shirts all around!

MBTI Type
INTJ
Aaaah! I forgot the show comes on earlier elsewhere and I read the thread! :doh:

I'm a moron. And now I can't consummate my long-simmering craving for Carly because I don't date losers.

A sterling evening all around ;)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
That may be a better use of my life. Bomb the actual place.
You're an INTJ, just cast this thread and the show out of your life forever. There. All taken care of.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
You're an INTJ, just cast this thread and the show out of your life forever. There. All taken care of.

Idk. I am debating whether I am an InTJ or an IsTJ on my blog. If I turn out to be IsTJ, you may have to be worried.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I hope Jason Castro is appropriately ashamed and embarrassed to still be around after the way Syesha and Carly sang for their supper tonight. I guess the appeal of stoners with long hair has not abated since 1972.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I hope Jason Castro is appropriately ashamed and embarrassed to still be around after the way Syesha and Carly sang for their supper tonight. I guess the appeal of stoners with long hair has not abated since 1972.

Hahaha! I noticed Brooke was looking appropriately sheepish for staying around. It's getting kind of uncomfortable to watch her contrition these days.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
I thought for sure it would be Brooke or Jason... so what happened? Was it the song? Carly didn't even pick it.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I thought for sure it would be Brooke or Jason... so what happened? Was it the song? Carly didn't even pick it.
It appears the fan bases have taken over power, and vote for the worst is backing Brooke.

That song was one of Carly's 2 choices.

A lot of people complained that Carly screamed too much, and also that she lacked personality, and that she's not American. She sang a song sung by Judas Iscariot.

Who knows?

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram

Someone at work said it's the influence of sites like votefortheworst.com.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I often wonder if Fox owns Vote For The Worst in some backchannel torturous chain of legal paperwork. That would be a stroke of genius, as well as something that would be very much in the character of the network.

Hmmm.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I often wonder if Fox owns Vote For The Worst in some backchannel torturous chain of legal paperwork. That would be a stroke of genius, as well as something that would be very much in the character of the network.

Hmmm.
Interesting thought, but I was reading just last week that DialIdol actually got a shut down notice from Idol a few years ago, but I guess the lawyers worked around it.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Paula would've failed the immediate recall section of the MMSE. Time to consider Aricept.

I have a feeling Castro just gave up; he knows it's his time to go.

David Cook just keeps winning me over . . . whatever he sings, I believe him. He was smart to choose little known ND songs. I'm not a fan of the ND songs I do know, so if I hadn't known they weren't written by Cook I might've guessed they were. He makes the songs his own.

Brooke doesn't deserve any comment.

David A is starting to remind me of that other insipid annoying drone, Josh Grobin.

Sayesha's adorable, but she's not going to win. I hope she's had a tetanus shot.

PS - I finally started voting last night! Multiple times, kept hitting redial, lost count. All for Mr. Cook.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I was so disappointed that no one sang my favorite Neil Diamond song, "Cherry Cherry". It might have been a nice song for little Davey to help prove that he's not the vocal equivalent of Muzak.

WHY IS JASON CASTRO STILL THERE? I don't even think HE wants to be there. I think he's probably putting five minutes of preparation into each performance in the hopes that he will be sent back home, where he has a good weed connection.

Cook was Cook. Nothing earth-shattering, but more than enough to be the best in this motley crew. This has to be the least impressive group of finalists the show has ever had, and the worst season of the show yet...

...not that Paula isn't doing her part. WOW. Did she really think Jason had already sung twice? Did she really have comments for a song that wasn't yet sung? I used to think that she had vodka in the ubiquitous Coke cup, but now I'm convinced it's paint thinner. I'm guessing that she was writing down notes during rehearsal, and so she already had an opinion of both performances. But this was still an entertaining unforgivable lapse in consciousness.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Ah! I hadn't thought about the rehearsal explanation. That makes sense, FM. I will admit to having watched a couple of episodes of Paula's short-lived reality show, and she was a hot mess IRL, too. She never, ever slept, either. I'm guessing that has a lot to do with her mental state--chronic sleep deprivation.

I'm ready for Syesha, Brooke, or Jason Castro to go. I'm really tired of contestants who aren't familiar with the songwriter's work, too. Get a clue and man up and sing the song.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Neil Diamond sucks.

Pretty amazing how much he sucks. Pretty amazing he's still alive. Pretty amazing I'm watching this crap.