• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

American Idol

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
American Idol has been commiting idolatry for too long. Islam declares war upon it and all it stands for. JIHAD!

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
All of a sudden, I like David Cook a whole lot more.
He says he's like to meet Keira Knightley,
and I'm a big fan of her work in Pride & Prejudice.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
This week will feature show tunes ala Andrew Lloyd Webber.
Next week, the mentor will be Neil Diamond!

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Man I'm glad Kristy Lee is gone...She was seriously giving Oregon a bad name.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Yikes. ALW week is a baaaaad idea. Nobody does well on weeks where they do show tunes.
Yeah, I don't recall them going well in the past. I don't think they get good ratings from Simon.

I happen to love show tunes, so personally, I usually enjoy the show, but I know I'm in the minority.

MBTI Type
INTJ

Wow, Dolly Parton, Mariah Carey, ALW, Neil Diamond...maybe before it's over they'll get someone who did their best work after the contestants were born!

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram

What did the producers do . . . put all of the cheesiest, most cringe-worthy options in a hat?

Aren't there plenty of other, more worthy artists?

- Joni Mitchell
- Prince
- Van Morrison
- Rolling Stones
- Eagles
- even Madonna for pete's sake!?

You know who I'd really like to see as a mentor? Robert Smith - in all of his smudged-lipped glory. Happy 49th btw.

MBTI Type
INTJ
He would never, ever do it, but I would love to see Prince be a mentor just for the sheer comedic value. I'd love to see him give mystical nonsensical advice and watch the contestants try to say thank you without having "WTF?" plastered on their faces.

Prince: "Don't worry about hitting the notes, just let the magnificence of the Purple Universe descend upon you and alight on your shoulder like a dove until you are one."

Contestant: "You need to stop hanging around Paula. Seriously."

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
haha - that reminds me of a line from that Chappelle Show sketch - "Why don't you purify yourself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka?"

MBTI Type
INTJ
Oh, God that killed me. It's just as funny in the actual movie...Purple Rain is such a terrible movie. Doesn't mean I won't watch it again though!

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Wow, David Cook sounded so great I think I felt a little tingle . . . down there.

If there's a just universe he'd win this whole shebang. Hopefully, second place will take him where he wants to go. And I think he's getting better looking daily on whatever diet they've forced him on.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Yeup, David Cook was pretty amazing, esp. toward the end, and I freaking HATE that song.

I thought Carly rocked the JCSuperstar, too. She's finally finding her niche. I voted lots for her last week and this week.

I was shocked at how much I liked Syesha. She should totally quit Idol and head to Broadway. Like, now.

I kind of liked Archuleta's take on that insipid Phantom song, which surprised me.

I'm kind of over Brooke now. I really do think it's her personality that has absolved me of all need to keep her around.

I think the thing that cracked me up the hardest tonight was how easy it is to blow Andrew Lloyd Webber's mind. Dude has been in the business for a century, and WHOOOOOOA! You're a guy singing a girl song? it can't be done! That's crazy talk right there, son!

MBTI Type
INTJ
I liked David Cook, Carly and (I can't believe I'm saying this) Syesha tonight. A combination of Syesha's performance and Brooke's meltdown mean Syesha and Hippie Boy survive another week.

Andrew Lloyd Webber is legitimately creepy. He looked like a little troll sitting in the front row. And way to dress up for the occasion in your $12.99 K-Mart shirt. I almost never care how someone is dressed, but he can afford it and also knows better. I also laughed when he said "Just imagine I'm the prettiest 17 year old girl ever!" It's just too easy, you can all make up your own joke :)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Andrew Lloyd Webber ...I also laughed when he said "Just imagine I'm the prettiest 17 year old girl ever!" It's just too easy, you can all make up your own joke :)
There could have been quite a backlash if David hadn't spoken up for himself right then :shock:... "I'm 25." I'm sure he'd prefer a young woman in her twenties.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm afraid Jason will bite the dust... maybe Brooke as his looks might keep him in another week... but if they go for strength/range again.. he's gone.