• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

American Idol

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
According to Dial Idol, which has been quite accurate in the past few weeks, and according to the reviews and buzz on the internet, Jason made a huge splash with his ukulele and that version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Apparently, that version of the song has been in a couple of popular movies, and in a poignant scene on ER, so it is much beloved.

In fact, David Archuleta, Jason Castro, and Kristy Lee Cook are guaranteed safe on Dial Idol after Tuesday night's voting.

Carly (the angry Irish girl) is at the bottom (Simon was right.) and Syesha (the Whitney wannabe) is next to her.

Dansker

MBTI Type
INTP
Bah, I just visited The Sydney Morning Herald online and there was a headline that Michael Johns left Idol this week. Kind of annoying given that it hasn't aired here yet.

:party2:
G'day Michael Johns!
Ye nevah could sing anywise!
<Australian culture lesson>
We usually only say G'day in lieu of hello, not when we say farewell. There's no really unique Australian way of saying goodbye. Most Australians just say "see ya later" when talking colloquially.
</Australian culture lesson>

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Bah, I just visited The Sydney Morning Herald online and there was a headline that Michael Johns left Idol this week. Kind of annoying given that it hasn't aired here yet.

We usually only say G'day in lieu of hello, not when we say farewell. There's no really unique Australian way of saying goodbye. Most Australians just say "see ya later" when talking colloquially.

1.) Yeah, that's no fair! I'm sad he left. I felt like Horseless (Kristy Lee) could have gone home, followed swiftly by Syesha.

2.) Good to know!

3.) Random, but Austrialia-related: Do you watch Kath & Kim? Funniest show EVER. They're supposed to do an American version, but I can't see how in the world it would work.

4.) Back on topic. This season is really pretty boring. Even the ones I used to like are not really holding my interest anymore.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I was sure that they weren't sending anyone home tonight. In fact, I still wasn't certain Michael Johns was going home until he finished his song. I don't think he thought he was going home either, from the smirk he gave when the bottom 3 was revealed.

What really got me though was how they bloated this 1 hour show with "highlights" from LAST night's 2 1/2 hour cheesefest. Also, one hymn from the contestants was more than enough, let alone two.

I agree that this is the most boring group of finalists ever. I can't even work up the same hate for Jason or lust for Carly that I had five weeks ago.

But I'm still watching, so you got me, Fox. Grrrrr!

Dansker

MBTI Type
INTP
3.) Random, but Austrialia-related: Do you watch Kath & Kim? Funniest show EVER. They're supposed to do an American version, but I can't see how in the world it would work.
Definitely! Kath and Kim is hilarious.

Most Australians I know don't think an American version will work.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Thanks. That's what I figured. That explains why I didn't know how to say goodbye in Australian.

The rumor is that Dolly Parton is so shocked, she wants to sign him up for a record deal.

Griffi97

MBTI Type
INFJ
The rumor is that Dolly Parton is so shocked, she wants to sign him up for a record deal.

Great - I hope it's true! I think he's a great singer. Whatever happens, I think he'll get a record deal from someone, hopefully with a much better chance of success this time.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
I see a spot on General Hospital as the latest Dr. McDreamy in Michael John's future.

It sucks that he was eliminated before Kathy Lee, I mean Kristy Lee.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Thanks. That's what I figured. That explains why I didn't know how to say goodbye in Australian.

Great - I hope it's true! I think he's a great singer. Whatever happens, I think he'll get a record deal from someone, hopefully with a much better chance of success this time.
I looked for more info on that rumor. I finally found the interview, and she was complimenting him, but she did not offer him a contract. She DID say that she thinks Michael is "terrific" and that he has a "good career" ahead of him.

Just wanted to straighten that out.
I had thought the info to be trustworthy.

Dansker

MBTI Type
INTP
I see a spot on General Hospital as the latest Dr. McDreamy in Michael John's future.

It sucks that he was eliminated before Kathy Lee, I mean Kristy Lee.
I agree - I can't believe that KL is still there.

Who on earth is voting for her?

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Eliminating MJohns just shows how tasteless the kids (voters) of today are. I also have no doubt that he'll kick all their asses in the near future. :yes:

MBTI Type
INTJ
I was never a fan of Kristy Lee's, but she's gotten undeniably better in the last three weeks or so. I won't say she's better than Michael Johns, but I do believe that he's been good only intermittently. Other than his Dolly Parton performance, the only time he really wowed me was the Doors performance from back in the top 24. So while I think his ouster was premature, I think he was trending down and she's trending up.

And I'm older than 24 :)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Mariah Carey music

Last night, my favorites were the first two performers:
David Archuleta and Carly Smithson (the Irish gal).

The only song I had ever heard before is the one Carly did. It was the first time she didn't screech her way through the second half of a song, and I really liked it. Frankly, I didn't understand what the judges were talking about.

And David A., well I really like his singing. I'm not one of those who is won over by his alleged adorableness. I just like his singing, and I thought he did a great job.

David Cook and Jason Castro have the internet all abuzz today with comments about how well they did in making the songs their own, and how people were impressed. I didn't know the songs to start with, but I'll take their words for it.

Griffi97

MBTI Type
INFJ
I thought the stand-outs were David Archuletta and David Cook - glad he was back in top form last night. I also liked Jason Castro. I agree with Simon that the girls were weaker, and if I had to guess, I think it may be Carly going home tonight, or maybe Brooke. Syesha is technically a really good singer but for some reason she leaves me uninspired.

I really missed Michael Johns. :cry: He had a bluesy version of Vision of Love prepared, wish we could have heard it.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
So, so happy to see Kristy Lee leave the show. True, she'd been making progress, but she still bugged me beyond belief.

I was proud of myself, because I actually called the fact that they'd make two of the contestants switch groups. I knew they'd shake it up in some way. I voted like heck for Carly the other night; I was worried about her. I think the judges are way too hard on her.

I think the final 2 will be the two Davids. Brooke used to be my favorite, but now I think she'll leave before the final five. She hasn't grown much and she becomes far less appealing when she talks. That girl should NEVER talk. Syesha should go next, though.

MBTI Type
INTJ
It's funny, I didn't like Brooke at all at first, and she's grown on me a little more each week. David Cook is still by far my favorite though. And I guess the reason I don't like David Archuleta is not his voice...he can sure sing. It's that he's like this little android who only sings terrible banal songs and is completely devoid of emotion. Like Haley Joel Osment in A.I.

But the one thing that is certain is that Syesha needs to go home NOW.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
I think the final 2 will be the two Davids.

Agreed.

I'd like to believe that Cook could win. But there are just too many tweenage girls out there pressing redial.

I admit I'm biased against thoughtless arpeggio-izing (i.e., vocal runs). But Archuletta has the annoying habit of doing them with such obvious calculation, I've grown to cringe at this as well.

What I like about Cook is that his power notes appear to stem organically from emotional passion. Archuletta's are clearly - and awkwardly - choreographed. At least they appear that way to me.

If by some miracle Cook does win, he needs to form a band. He strikes me as more of a front-man than a solo artist.