• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

American Idol

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Combover did a good job with the lefty guitar. He just needs to embrace his receding hairline and shave it all off.

Who's the guy who did "tainted love"? I see Vegas lights! and a Cher drag show of his own in the not-too-distant future.

I am actually suspecting that somebody paid David A to mess it up tonight.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
You know, I was wondering what people thought of Vote for the Worst At first, I liked the site becaues it seems to counter Simon's critiques and balance all the bad and unworthy singers (usually pubescent white boys) that America likes. There are LOTS of crappy singers that keep on getting voted through because they appeal to people's sentimentality, not their ears and VFTW counters that.

They also made the observation that the majority of people who vote are not from the east and west coasts and are from rural areas. This really made me look at voting in a different way and see why some people were more popular than others despite vocal ability.

But, then I saw the site gloat about helping to kick Alexandrea off. She was one of the best singers IMHO and could have gone far in the show. It kind of reminded me when Tamyra Gray, the 1st season contestant who was in another league with her costars got sent home. I think people stopped voting for her because they assumed she was going to win.

Anyhow, there was just something spiteful about that comment so now I'm voting solo again and see the hatemail for the site a little differently.

My favorite guys are Chikeze -- the guy can sing, he has a beautiful voice and reminds me of Luther Vandross. I think Simon doesn't get him because Simon doesn't come from an American musical background, let alone have much familiarity with R&B. I also like that Chikeze gets antagonistic right back to Simon in a real way and even clowns him! If he ever apologizes for anything he says to Simon, I'lls top voting for him. I hate how all the kids look like deer in headlights and take everything Simon has to say to heart, like he's automatically correct just because he's mean.

I also like Danny. I mean, C'MON, what's not to love. He's SuperSayan Sanjaya! I loved Sanjaya too. These guys were not untalented or bad singers, they were just quirky. They had PERSONALITY! Hahahah. Danny reminds me of a insouciant club kid. He's where the parties at y'all! Hahaha. And I swear sometimes he looks like a really pretty bio-girl.

I don't know why everyone loves David Archuleta. He doesn't sound that graet to me. An older woman told me though the he's like an angel -- and that's exactly why America keeps voting for him!

Every season there are 1 or 2 mediocre to poor singers who keep on getting voted because they are "America's sweethearts". See, I'm not really a girl next door myself and America's sweethearts are kind of my mortal enemies.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Vocally, a lot of the guys were hitting sour notes last night.
I always blame that on the sound crew and the monitors.
If you can't hear yourself right, you can't sing on key.

I don't like rock music, but I thought David Cook was excellent last night.
I love the song Jason did, but I will have to listen to it again to find out why Simon thought it was "absolutely brilliant".

I thought Chikeze sang well also, though I don't understand that kind of music.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
You know, I was wondering what people thought of Vote for the Worst ...
I sort of feel the same way.
They have a good point.
American Idol isn't about finding the best singers, it's about exploiting people and making a reality show people will watch, so I understand where they're coming from.
At the same time it does irritate me that they help keep the worse singers on the show longer.
Who are they really hurting?
Certainly not the show, which is their aim, but rather the contestants, and
crushing their lifelong dreams.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
I thought Chikezesang well also, though I don't understand that kind of music.

I love his voice, it's very old school R&B. He's likable and cute. Plus I have a very inappropriate cougar crush... me likey.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
DAVID COOK FTW.
He actually turned a Lionel Richie song into an alternative rock torch song. This was so much better than it had any right to be, and Simon was right...it was REALLY brave.

No one else was really worth mentioning. One of the worst weeks I can remember in any season of American Idol. Was the theme "80s Songs" or "Most Horrible 80s Songs Ever"?

David Archuleta - Not only do you pick a Phil Collins song, you pick one of the worst ones!

Luke Menard - Queen and then Wham!...are you trying to tell us something? Besides that you can't sing?

Chikeze - You didn't suck. Tonight, that's enough.

Danny Noriega - Really? "Tainted Love"? And that arrangement? I wonder if Danny and Jessica Alba have ever been spotted in the same room at the same time.

Jason Castro - You finally picked a song I like! And you sang it half-decent!

Michael Johns - You weren't as good as you should have been, but tonight that is okay because you actually sang the exact 80s song I recommended you sing in another place on the interweb three days ago.

David Hernandez - Tell us where you have bound and gagged the guy that sang "Papa Was A Rolling Stone" last week. We like him better than you.

haha..I agree w/ your assessment!!! (although personally I'm not overly impressed with Chikeze)

My favorites last night were David Cook and Jason Castro.

None of the others stood out (except for their badness!! ha!), and yeah, as a whole the show wasn't good.

I'd like for Luke and Danny to get booted off, but somehow I think one of them will be staying.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I have decided

Simon Cowell acts most like an INTP.
Watch him and see.

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Simon Cowell acts most like an INTP.
Watch him and see.
Whaaat?

He's a total ENTJ. Screams ENTJ. I <3 him and all, but I <3 him with the knowledge that he is an ENTJ.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Simon doesn't seem E to me, he seems I. He seems shy to me and kinda oblivious to how he seems publicly (e.g. feeling up his man boobs or gnawing on pens) when he's not publicly criticizing people. I was going to guess INTJ.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Possible spoilers if you haven't seen it on the West Coast:

YES!!! America likes me! It really likes me! I couldn't be happier with the four that got kicked off. Well, actually, I'd prefer to swap Asia'H for Christy Lee, but we can't have everything, I suppose. I can't believe Danny got the boot. I thought for sure we were stuck with him until the bitter end. This actually might be an enjoyable competition, yo! :nice:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Surprising results last night

VFTW isn't as powerful as we feared.
Wonder who they'll pick to take Danny's place?

Unlike last year, the entire Top 12 is vocally talented, so no matter how it comes down, the Tour in the fall will surely be a good one.

Too bad Asia'h got voted off.
I wonder what happened with that?!

All you ENTJers - I will have to check into that.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I was so happy to see Danny and Luke go, they were clearly the two most deserving guys. Poor Chikeze looked like he knew he was going home because for some reason feminine boys last a lot longer on American Idol than they deserve. I think he was genuinely surprised when he was told he was safe.

I agree with Kady being sent home, but I am shocked that Asia'h was. I thought she was among the best 3 girls. I would have definitely sent home Kristy Lee, Ramiele, Syesha or Amanda before Asia'h.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Noooooo! Not Danny!

Alright, so his performance was horrible. But now that we have no Sanjaya for this season, I'm not sure what will compel me to watch...

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
Simon doesn't seem E to me, he seems I. He seems shy to me and kinda oblivious to how he seems publicly (e.g. feeling up his man boobs or gnawing on pens) when he's not publicly criticizing people. I was going to guess INTJ.

I agree... in fact, he indicated as much in an interview I saw. Well, he's at least X.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
I wish they'd booted outdoors barbie instead of daddy's girl, but I'm happy with the rest of the final 12.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Whaaat?

He's a total ENTJ. Screams ENTJ. I <3 him and all, but I <3 him with the knowledge that he is an ENTJ.
heehee me too. :smile:

Could Chikezie be the new Sangina? :huh:

I like Brooke, Amanda (aka Eri) and Carly for the ladies. Men, David Cooke (fix the hair tho) and Michael Johns :drool:.

Eri, aka Delilah :D
g-ent-080227-american-idol-643p.widec.jpg

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
heehee me too. :smile:

Could Chikezie be the new Sangina? :huh:

I like Brooke, Amanda (aka Eri) and Carly for the ladies. Men, David Cooke (fix the hair tho) and Michael Johns :drool:.

Eri, aka Delilah :D
g-ent-080227-american-idol-643p.widec.jpg
I need Michael Johns to comb his hair.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
8 PM TV Guide channel tonight

8 PM TV Guide channel tonight...
They're doing a 1 hour close-up special on Simon.
Anyone who wants to see him in his natural habitat should watch.