• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

American Idol

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't want to spoil it for you, but I think one person got canned that shouldn't have. :steam:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I wasn't sad about the 2 gals, but I was sad about the 2 guys.
That last one was a good singer.
I'm starting to dislike Simon, his comment about never making it in the music business was uncalled for.

I'll post names after they see it on the west coast, probably tomorrow morning.

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
Okay, my favorites:

Ladies:

1) Syesha (whole package - great song choice... I LOVE Tobacco Road!)
2) Alexandrea (almost the whole package - great song choice)
3) Asia'h (she made me cry when she tried out - how strong she was after her Dad died - anyway, I liked her song choice)

Gents:

1) Michael (He may not be the best singer, but this Aussie looks like a star - great song choice)
2) David (I think this 17-year old is adorable, and I love his voice - great song choice)
3) Jason (He may not have the best voice, but he's talented, and he's got star power - good song choice)

I have to say something about Danny: Ok, so he may have feminine tendencies, but he's got a powerful voice (wrong song choice last night). One thing to note... he looks like the male version of my future step-daughter! (she's beautiful!)

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
I wasn't sad about the 2 gals, but I was sad about the 2 guys.
That last one was a good singer.
I'm starting to dislike Simon, his comment about never making it in the music business was uncalled for.

I'll post names after they see it on the west coast, probably tomorrow morning.
I normally agree with Simon (mostly), however I agree with you. What he said to the last guy was totally uncalled for. I know Simon is trying to "keep it real", but I really think that this guy has a good voice. It was not the best song choice for him. (he wasn't my fave, but he shouldn't have left yet).

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Am I the only one that can never watch something or someone being horribly embarrassed on TV? I always have to plug my ears or run out of the room, at least for the first 3-4 episodes of AI. After that, I enjoy it.
I agree with you.
I cringe to see them embarrass people.
There's no need for it.

Atomic Fiend

Am I the only one that can never watch something or someone being horribly embarrassed on TV? I always have to plug my ears or run out of the room, at least for the first 3-4 episodes of AI. After that, I enjoy it.

The reason I never watched the first episodes of seasons.

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
I know it's not right, but I really enjoy the first part of AI (all 7 seasons)... it's strangely fascinating and hilarious for me. The looks on the judges faces usually leave me laughing so hard, my sides ache! :D At the same time, I don't enjoy it when Simon shreds these kids up, however, it's probably the first time that these kids were told the "truth" about their ability, which makes me sad. The good "finds", however, make it worth watching.

Some of these kid's over-confidence floors me. :doh: It also amazes me how some of these folks really hear themselves sounded good when their performance is so off. (I know a lot of it is nerves). Saying this, I wonder just how good I really do sound. I know I sound great in the shower! :smile:

MBTI Type
INTJ
On tonight's show I thought the two girls were the correct choices to be eliminated. For the boys, I had three equally ranked at the bottom, and two of them got cut, so I can't really complain. But I still think Danny deserved to go home. I guess I won't begrudge him one more week, but if he survives again, something is seriously amiss.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Of the girls:

I like the girl who's dad died and the actress who lost her voice in Hollywood. All the rest can pack their bags.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
I broke my own rule and watched the elimination show... mistake! I'm going back to not watching them. I really, really, dislike the way they're treated for "entertainment's" sake (NOT!).... humiliating and cruel.:ng_mad:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Sent Home

Garrett Haley - Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
looks like Peter Frampton - nice voice, very cute in an adorable way

Colton Berry - Suspicious Minds
great singer, thought he would make the Top 12, Simon is wrong about him

Amy Davis - Where The Boys Are
Poor thing! My nerves do the same thing to me! I was in absolute agony for her! :cry::blush::cry: oh dear, oh dear, oh dear very sweet and cute gal
She has been a model and done back up singing in a band.

Joanne Borgella - I Say A Little Prayer
plus-size model from NJ I thought she was okay, but not great.

I wonder if they shouldn't have the first week where there is no voting so you can just get to hear them all and get to know them a little, and then vote after the second time you hear them all.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
The reason I never watched the first episodes of seasons.
I have never watched from the beginning until this year.
I usually waited until they got to the Top 12.

I've only been watching for a few years.
At first, I didn't like Simon and the way he made people cry.
This year I'm going to ignore him.
He should be ashamed of some of the things he says.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Simon can be unnecessarily mean on occasion, but I find that he nicely balances the arrogance and ego of some of the less talented contestants and also the indignant studio audience who apparently believe no one should ever be sent home.

Besides, it's nice to see at least one of the judges willing to actually be concerned with who is the best instead of worrying about making everyone feel warm and fuzzy.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Simon is over-rated and sometimes goes beyond professional bounds.

The fact that Paula is always drugged up is amusing.

I like reading 'Vote for the Worst'.

And I prefer Randy Jackson's America's Best Dance Crew! :yes:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Booooo! I hate American Idol.

No one cares but now I feel better and that's all that matters. And before anyone post a snide reply, at least I'm honest :devil:

Griffi97

MBTI Type
INFJ
Then don't watch it then. :duel:

(Ha ha, I just wanted a reason to use the dueling smilies;) )

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I had been thinking that, too, but I wasn't sure.
I thought maybe he's an INTP or an ISTJ.
Then I started wondering if maybe he's an E.

Simon: What about ENTJ?
Ryan: I think he is ok. :)
Paula is definitely ExSx
Randy - if he is T he is not very strong one.

I think that rocker-biker woman (Amanda?) could be ESTP?