David Hernandez
    David Archilleta
    Colton Berry
    Jason Castro
    I see we are in agreement on these.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Actually I think he understood perfectly well, he just found her descriptions a little melodramatic and too sentimental for his liking. I think he was being sarcastic and was just egging Paula on because he knew it would get to her. It's why I found all of it so amusing.
    I agree with you that he does do that, but in my opinion, he wasn't pretending to not understand in this case.
    I believe that last night, he actually did not understand the correlation of using the word "color" to describe the nuances of the voice.
    Though I am open to correction if Simon states otherwise.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    My favorite guys after this first round of auditions were:

Colton Berry -18
    - The one that said he thinks he looks like Ellen Degeneres
    Suspicious Minds - In my opinion, he has a great voice.

David Archuletta - 17 -
    -Shy when he's talking, bold and confident when he's performing
    Shop Around - Excellent all-around talent

David Hernandez - 24
    Midnight Hour - He has the great popular style that Simon is looking for.

Jason Castro - 20
    -the one with the dreadlocks
    (What a Day for a) Daydream - played the guitar, great vocal style and personal likability.
    He's destined for a recording contract no matter what happens.

I thought there were a few "weak" singers who didn't really stay on key or hit all their notes right on. Even though I may have liked them personally, that short-coming proves very expensive in the recording studio.
    Garrett Haley - 17 - who looks like Peter Frampton. He is so cute! Sang Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
    Jason Yeager - 28 - Sang Moon River. Very good-looking, nice voice, has adorably cute son.
    Michael Lee Johns - 28 - the Aussie. Sang Light My Fire. Rocker wannabee. I couldn't believe my ears when the judges said he sang well.
    I may be too cynical but I was surprised several times Michael being one.
    It just seems to me they're pushing harder and harder each year for a rocker... probably because Simon likes rock and hates country. He maythink it will bring more bucks but I don't agree with him. I think Carrie is a constant thorn in his side. I liked Garrett too and missed Luke Menard.. was he really that bad?

MBTI
    INTJ

Luke wasn't bad, he just didn't show off great stuff last night.
    I've been to his myspace page.
    MySpace.com - Chapter 6 - BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - A'cappella / Jazz / Pop - www.myspace.com/chaptersix
    He's in a 6 guy a capella group and they are FANTASTIC!

I'm rooting for him.

Garrett just isn't going to end up in the Top 3. His voice isn't strong enough. He might get quite far on the likability factor though.
    Last edited by INTJMom; 02-20-2008 at 03:57 PM. Reason: add web site

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

That little 17-year-old dude is amazing.

That guy from MO with the red hair is going bald. His hair looks awful... just shave it all off already.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post
    That little 17-year-old dude is amazing.

That guy from MO with the red hair is going bald. His hair looks awful... just shave it all off already.
    Do you mean David Archuletta?
    Yes, he is very good.
    He won Star Search at age 12.

I think you're referring to David Cook, the rocker who sang Happy Together without any particular style but to hold the mike stand sideways to prove he's a rocker.

I didn't notice he was balding. Thankfully his looks aren't as distracting as Phil Stacey's were.

Simon and Paula were in top form last night! I also enjoyed Seacrest's jab at Simon's hair.

As for the boys last night, very unimpressive overall in my opinion.

THE VERY GOOD

Michael Johns - Wow, I don't even like The Doors, but this was great. No matter what happens this guy is going somewhere. Also one of the only guys that looks comfortable in his own skin.

David Archuleta - The little girls will love him, and he has a very good, mature voice for 17. I loved that he chose a Motown song, too. I see him lasting a long time.

David Cook - This guy did everything right. He could sing, he was original, and he made an old song ("Happy Together") sound completely new. I'm not sure he will last very long though, because Simon's bias against rockers usually allows for only one to advance very far, and that will be Michael Johns.

THE VERY BAD

Danny Noriega - Wow. This kid needs a couple of gallons of testosterone if he's going to sing an Elvis song. Very Sanjaya-esque. And that's NOT a good thing.

Garrett Haley - He could teach a computerized voice about being monotone. And it doesn't help that he is Peter Frampton's long lost twin. I kept waiting for him to pull out the vocoder and sing "Do You Feel Like I Do".

Colton Berry - Ditto on the Elvis thing. He also didn't actually listen to the song he was singing. He took a paranoid song about a dysfunctional relationship and sang it like it was an Archies song. Go back to the school play.

ON THE FENCE

David Hernandez - He can definitely sing, so I don't want to write him off completely, but he was very bland.

Jason Castro - I can't stand the whole "hippie-with-Birkenstocks-and-a-guitar" vibe, so I'm biased. And I despise the song he sang. But he does have an undeniable presence, and he can sing.

Chikeze - I liked him, just didn't love him.

The rest of you guys...Luke Menard, Jason Yeager, Robbie Carrico...were you guys even there? I can't remember. I'm not going to worry about it because you'll be gone soon.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ

You like everyone I don't like because I hate the rockers and screamers.
    I guess you're gonna love Amanda Overmyer tonight.
    I wonder if she'll do Janis Joplin, since she sounds just like her.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Rockers and screamers

but I might like Amanda... she's actualy got a good voice.

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    You like everyone I don't like because I hate the rockers and screamers.
    I guess you're gonna love Amanda Overmyer tonight.
    I wonder if she'll do Janis Joplin, since she sounds just like her.
    I think there's a difference between rockers and screamers though. None of those guys are screamers, they can all sing. When I think of screamers, I think of those girls that all pretend to be Mariah Carey and extend one word into six or seven tortured notes.

I just like the ones that excite me. And the same old people singing the same old tired ballads the same old way doesn't excite me. Which is actually what they look for on this show, making me wonder why I watch it, lol.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari