User Tag List

First 202829303132 Last

Thread: American Idol

I often wondered if Jason would have to actually take a crap on stage to get sent home. Well, we'll find out, since that's exactly what he did last night. When he sang "I Shot The Sheriff", his phrasing was all over the place and it was a general mess.

He may have the best work ethic in the world, but I just don't think he's very good at all, and that's why I constantly complain about his continued presence. I also don't think another contestant would slam him to a reporter, even if the allegations were true. She does have to go out on tour with him. What bothers me just as much as his own talent level though is the way people fall all over themselves to defend him because he seems "nice". I understand that it can be a good idea to keep competitiveness under wraps in the name of being personable, but there are probably three or four talented eliminated contestants right now who want to strangle him for his nonchalant attitude.

The Davids and Syesha all sang well, but I still think Little Davey is missing something. He brings his own special bland competence to every song and makes every song he sings sound exactly the same (for the worse). I understand that he is a technically good singer, but I can't imagine why anyone gets excited about him. He's like a little automaton.

Syesha is someone I haven't liked in the past, but the last few weeks I think she's been very good. I think I've had enough of people singing well and being lambasted for hewing too closely to the original arrangements of songs. Whether or not she changed a single note of "Proud Mary", she sang it great. She deserves to be in the final two along with David Cook. I could have done without her hamfisted attempt to compare the civil rights movement with her crusade to win American Idol though. I would wonder if that will hurt her, but I think she's probably gone anyway.

P.S. - Jason said he picked Bob Marley "for obvious reasons". I don't think he was talking about his hair.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ

I was really disappointed about Jason last night. I mean based on what Simon said, it was horrible. I was hoping Jason would make it through tonight. I think it's gonna be a tight call between him and Syesha.

MBTI
    INTP

David Cook actually went to my high school. He was a year ahead of me. Nice guy. I interviewed him once or twice for the school paper.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Works View Post
    David Cook actually went to my high school. He was a year ahead of me. Nice guy. I interviewed him once or twice for the school paper.
    Yeah, he does seem awfully nice.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Works View Post
    What did you interview him about?

PS -

Wow, I gotta say, that Bo Bice is one tall drink of water. I'd like to swallow him whole in one gulp.
    Last edited by anii; 05-09-2008 at 07:01 PM.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Go David Cook!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTP

So is George Michael really the surprise guest for tomorrow? Weren't they saying it was supposed to be like the biggest star in the world? I was all set to have a wager chart.
    Madonna - 3/2 New album out, prolly most renown female
    Bono - 4/1 - But already did Idol Gives Back
    The Boss - 8/1 - Is he big in China?
    Paul McCartney - 3/1 - Idol already licensed rights for Beatles songs this season...
    Julio Ingelsias - 10/1 - someone famous here but a mega star elsewhere
    Whitney - 8/1 - Has she been a mentor? So many have butchered her songs, they owe her.
    Mick Jagger - 6/1 - Simon could pull off a fellow Brit
    Michael - 20/1 - Acquitted and he's still Michael
    Babs - 12/1 - She'd love to do the show, I'm sure but 18-34??? I don't think so.

Who else???

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

If Simon's behavior wasn't a blatant attempt to manufacture consent, I don't know what else would be.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post
    If Simon's behavior wasn't a blatant attempt to manufacture consent, I don't know what else would be.
    Yeah, I actually felt a little sleazy just watching it. It didn't feel like "We think you're the best", it felt like "We've got everything set up for this kid, don't you damn voters screw it up!" I will go to my grave never knowing what gets people so excited about David Archuleta.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

I expect David A will win.

I prefer David C, but I don't think he did enough tonight to bring in the votes.