User Tag List

First 182627282930 Last

Thread: American Idol

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

I thought for sure it would be Brooke or Jason... so what happened? Was it the song? Carly didn't even pick it.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    I thought for sure it would be Brooke or Jason... so what happened? Was it the song? Carly didn't even pick it.
    It appears the fan bases have taken over power, and vote for the worst is backing Brooke.

That song was one of Carly's 2 choices.

A lot of people complained that Carly screamed too much, and also that she lacked personality, and that she's not American. She sang a song sung by Judas Iscariot.

Who knows?

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    Someone at work said it's the influence of sites like votefortheworst.com.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

I often wonder if Fox owns Vote For The Worst in some backchannel torturous chain of legal paperwork. That would be a stroke of genius, as well as something that would be very much in the character of the network.

Hmmm.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I often wonder if Fox owns Vote For The Worst in some backchannel torturous chain of legal paperwork. That would be a stroke of genius, as well as something that would be very much in the character of the network.

Hmmm.
    Interesting thought, but I was reading just last week that DialIdol actually got a shut down notice from Idol a few years ago, but I guess the lawyers worked around it.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Paula would've failed the immediate recall section of the MMSE. Time to consider Aricept.

I have a feeling Castro just gave up; he knows it's his time to go.

David Cook just keeps winning me over . . . whatever he sings, I believe him. He was smart to choose little known ND songs. I'm not a fan of the ND songs I do know, so if I hadn't known they weren't written by Cook I might've guessed they were. He makes the songs his own.

Brooke doesn't deserve any comment.

David A is starting to remind me of that other insipid annoying drone, Josh Grobin.

Sayesha's adorable, but she's not going to win. I hope she's had a tetanus shot.

PS - I finally started voting last night! Multiple times, kept hitting redial, lost count. All for Mr. Cook.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

[YOUTUBE=42aujhtAYzU]Cringeworthy[/YOUTUBE]
    Time is a delicate mistress.

I was so disappointed that no one sang my favorite Neil Diamond song, "Cherry Cherry". It might have been a nice song for little Davey to help prove that he's not the vocal equivalent of Muzak.

WHY IS JASON CASTRO STILL THERE? I don't even think HE wants to be there. I think he's probably putting five minutes of preparation into each performance in the hopes that he will be sent back home, where he has a good weed connection.

Cook was Cook. Nothing earth-shattering, but more than enough to be the best in this motley crew. This has to be the least impressive group of finalists the show has ever had, and the worst season of the show yet...

...not that Paula isn't doing her part. WOW. Did she really think Jason had already sung twice? Did she really have comments for a song that wasn't yet sung? I used to think that she had vodka in the ubiquitous Coke cup, but now I'm convinced it's paint thinner. I'm guessing that she was writing down notes during rehearsal, and so she already had an opinion of both performances. But this was still an entertaining unforgivable lapse in consciousness.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

Ah! I hadn't thought about the rehearsal explanation. That makes sense, FM. I will admit to having watched a couple of episodes of Paula's short-lived reality show, and she was a hot mess IRL, too. She never, ever slept, either. I'm guessing that has a lot to do with her mental state--chronic sleep deprivation.

I'm ready for Syesha, Brooke, or Jason Castro to go. I'm really tired of contestants who aren't familiar with the songwriter's work, too. Get a clue and man up and sing the song.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Neil Diamond sucks.

Pretty amazing how much he sucks. Pretty amazing he's still alive. Pretty amazing I'm watching this crap.
    Time is a delicate mistress.