User Tag List

First 132122232425 Last

Thread: American Idol

MBTI
    INTJ

According to Dial Idol, which has been quite accurate in the past few weeks, and according to the reviews and buzz on the internet, Jason made a huge splash with his ukulele and that version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Apparently, that version of the song has been in a couple of popular movies, and in a poignant scene on ER, so it is much beloved.

In fact, David Archuleta, Jason Castro, and Kristy Lee Cook are guaranteed safe on Dial Idol after Tuesday night's voting.

Carly (the angry Irish girl) is at the bottom (Simon was right.) and Syesha (the Whitney wannabe) is next to her.

MBTI
    INTJ

G'day Michael Johns!
    Ye nevah could sing anywise!

MBTI
    INTP

Bah, I just visited The Sydney Morning Herald online and there was a headline that Michael Johns left Idol this week. Kind of annoying given that it hasn't aired here yet.

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post

G'day Michael Johns!
    Ye nevah could sing anywise!
    <Australian culture lesson>
    We usually only say G'day in lieu of hello, not when we say farewell. There's no really unique Australian way of saying goodbye. Most Australians just say "see ya later" when talking colloquially.
    </Australian culture lesson>

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Dansker View Post
    Bah, I just visited The Sydney Morning Herald online and there was a headline that Michael Johns left Idol this week. Kind of annoying given that it hasn't aired here yet.

We usually only say G'day in lieu of hello, not when we say farewell. There's no really unique Australian way of saying goodbye. Most Australians just say "see ya later" when talking colloquially.
    1.) Yeah, that's no fair! I'm sad he left. I felt like Horseless (Kristy Lee) could have gone home, followed swiftly by Syesha.

2.) Good to know!

3.) Random, but Austrialia-related: Do you watch Kath & Kim? Funniest show EVER. They're supposed to do an American version, but I can't see how in the world it would work.

4.) Back on topic. This season is really pretty boring. Even the ones I used to like are not really holding my interest anymore.

I was sure that they weren't sending anyone home tonight. In fact, I still wasn't certain Michael Johns was going home until he finished his song. I don't think he thought he was going home either, from the smirk he gave when the bottom 3 was revealed.

What really got me though was how they bloated this 1 hour show with "highlights" from LAST night's 2 1/2 hour cheesefest. Also, one hymn from the contestants was more than enough, let alone two.

I agree that this is the most boring group of finalists ever. I can't even work up the same hate for Jason or lust for Carly that I had five weeks ago.

But I'm still watching, so you got me, Fox. Grrrrr!
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    3.) Random, but Austrialia-related: Do you watch Kath & Kim? Funniest show EVER. They're supposed to do an American version, but I can't see how in the world it would work.
    Definitely! Kath and Kim is hilarious.

Most Australians I know don't think an American version will work.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Dansker View Post
    Thanks. That's what I figured. That explains why I didn't know how to say goodbye in Australian.

The rumor is that Dolly Parton is so shocked, she wants to sign him up for a record deal.

MBTI
    INFJ

The rumor is that Dolly Parton is so shocked, she wants to sign him up for a record deal.
    Great - I hope it's true! I think he's a great singer. Whatever happens, I think he'll get a record deal from someone, hopefully with a much better chance of success this time.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

I see a spot on General Hospital as the latest Dr. McDreamy in Michael John's future.

It sucks that he was eliminated before Kathy Lee, I mean Kristy Lee.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

MBTI
    INTJ

Thanks. That's what I figured. That explains why I didn't know how to say goodbye in Australian.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffi97 View Post
    Great - I hope it's true! I think he's a great singer. Whatever happens, I think he'll get a record deal from someone, hopefully with a much better chance of success this time.
    I looked for more info on that rumor. I finally found the interview, and she was complimenting him, but she did not offer him a contract. She DID say that she thinks Michael is "terrific" and that he has a "good career" ahead of him.

Just wanted to straighten that out.
    I had thought the info to be trustworthy.